Positions to Upgrade in the Off-Season

Areas to Upgrade (select any/all that apply)

• Total voters
NFL.com top-50 2023 free agents list.

A couple players that intrigue me if the price is right:
  • DT Daron Payne, Commanders (age 26).
  • FS Jessie Bates, Bengals (age 26)
  • RT Mike McClinchey, 49ers (age 28)
  • MLB Tremaine Edmunds, Bills (age 25)

Help potentially fill positional needs before heading into the draft…
  • Strengthen interior DLine especially with Lawrence Guy getting older
  • Free safety who can play single-high man FS for when McCourty retires soon
  • Right tackle for obvious reasons if they won’t slide Onwenu over to RT.
  • MLB to either replace or play next to Bentley. Bentley tries hard but is too easily exposed in the run game and pass game.

I keep noticing references to the Pats acquiring Mike McGlinchey and he's a guy that is better than what we have at RT, but as a former
1st rounder will be looking to cash in on his post-rookie contract. He's a decent player, but there is a reason why SF hasn't re-signed him
and that is because John Lynch and his personnel guys aren't dummies and know that he isn't worth what it will cost to sign him.

The Pats will will likely not decide to get in a bidding war over a guy who needs help with the better pass rushers and has committed 10 penalties
this season. Are we going to sign him to a longish market OT contract and watch him be the second coming of I. Wynn? I doubt it.

Every time I've watched McGlinchey he's done something to make me think he was a terrible 9th-overall pick with average or worse athletic
ability who cannot handle fast edge guys. If the Niners don't want him then we shouldn't either.

I keep noticing references to the Pats acquiring Mike McGlinchey and he's a guy that is better than what we have at RT, but as a former
1st rounder will be looking to cash in on his post-rookie contract. He's a decent player, but there is a reason why SF hasn't re-signed him
and that is because John Lynch and his personnel guys aren't dummies and know that he isn't worth what it will cost to sign him.

The Pats will will likely not decide to get in a bidding war over a guy who needs help with the better pass rushers and has committed 10 penalties
this season. Are we going to sign him to a longish market OT contract and watch him be the second coming of I. Wynn? I doubt it.

Every time I've watched McGlinchey he's done something to make me think he was a terrible 9th-overall pick with average or worse athletic
ability who cannot handle fast edge guys. If the Niners don't want him then we shouldn't either.
As the Planet's resident Domer, I always thought he was good, but never to the level he was hyped up to be.

As the Planet's resident Domer, I always thought he was good, but never to the level he was hyped up to be.

Nope. He was arguably one of the best OTs to be drafted in 2018, but it wasn't a good year (see: Wynn, I).

You may have read my snarky comments about Notre Dame players getting more buzz than they tend to be worth and
I'd say he is about par for that course.

At 8PM tonight Ohio State has two Tackles that will be drafted in Paris Johnson Jr, who could end up the top-ranked OT this
Spring.

The other guy is Dawand Jones who is absolutely massive and who will, no doubt, get props for giving up only 4 pressures in 2022 over
693 snaps. That's it. No sacks, no QB hits. I don't know if he can play, but that stat line is impressive. Plus, we could use a couple more
Joneses on the roster.

The process over the next 4 1/2 months will probably identify a few guys that nobody has heard of today, but everybody will
be hot for come the Draft, but those two guys are worth watching if folks are tuning into the game.

Michigan has a LOT Hayes that should be a mid rounder and a big right G that is supposed to be a late rounder (Osegun Osegun or something along those lines). The guard Just seems like an automatic Pats pick

Agree but in general everything is about the price. I’m for getting decent players with upside at good value. Not on board with overpaying for any players. I would overpay for Bill O’Brien though

Good for Thuney on the 14-3 Chiefs and Karras on the 12-4 Bengals to be leading their division leader teams on the OLine.

Expect a total overhaul starting tomorrow

First losing season in what 25 years ?

Patriots Becoming Free Agents:

I would try to bring back Meyers, Jon Jones, Harris, Cody Davis…

Damien Harris - RB
Nelson Agholor - WR
Devin McCourty - S
Jonathan Jones - CB
Jakobi Meyers - WR
Isaiah Wynn - OL
Matthew Slater - ST
Cody Davis - ST
Jabrill Peppers - LB/S
Marcus Cannon - OT
JoeJuan Williams - DB
Carl Davis - DL
Daniel Ekuale - DL
Michael Palardy - P
Raekwon McMillan - LB
Joe Cardona - LS
Conor McDermott - OT
James Ferentz - OG
Yodny Cajuste - OL
Myles Bryant - DB
Kristian Wilkerson - WR
Mack Wilson - LB
Quinn Nordin - K
Scotty Washington - TE
LaBryan Ray - DL

wilson,peppers,mcmillan are other ones i may look to bring back

Agree
Defense was #5 in points against, 8th in yards given up, #1 in defensive points scored, #1 in league INTs, and top3 in sacks.

Steve Belichick did an awesome job as defensive playcaller this year. He’s been fantastic for several years, whatever responsibility he’s had.

Defense still needs an elite CB1, MLB, and FS replacement. No biggie 😐

Have always liked Jon Jones but this year he seems to be just a touch slower. Not even a half step slower but just a bit.
I think resigning him is a good idea but am thinking we need even more speed.

Have always liked Jon Jones but this year he seems to be just a touch slower. Not even a half step slower but just a bit.
I think resigning him is a good idea but am thinking we need even more speed.

He’s ok to keep if at the right price. But he’s a CB2. This defense still needs an elite man-cover CB1.

He’s ok to keep if at the right price. But he’s a CB2. This defense still needs an elite man-cover CB1.

I thought he held up quite well this year despite moving from slot CB to boundary CB after losing Jackson. CB2 is right, imo, but a very good CB2.

Back