Positions to Upgrade in the Off-Season

Areas to Upgrade (select any/all that apply)

• Total voters
Jon Jones was impressive considering he was thought of as a niche slot CB. Sure, he got burnt a few times by top tier receivers, but you can't hold that against him.

Plus he showed a lot of toughness in the last few games where he was clearly banged up but was willing to get in there every single time.

I really hope he comes back.

Jon Jones was impressive considering he was thought of as a niche slot CB. Sure, he got burnt a few times by top tier receivers, but you can't hold that against him.

Plus he showed a lot of toughness in the last few games where he was clearly banged up but was willing to get in there every single time.

I really hope he comes back.

definitely a solid player on the 5th defense in the league

I think Trent Brown can be salvaged with a good OLine coach. So would target RT in the draft

I heard they’re trying to keep Mayo. I think SteveB is excellent so wouldn’t do anything crazy for Mayo. An assistant hc title would be way too far. Give that instead to O’Brien

I would bring back Ekaule unless he gets too pricey.
Edit. Same with McDermott.

Ekaule was improved over what we saw in '21, especially the last month and a half. He's very quick, but it appeared to me that he added some muscle and didn't get
pushed around as much. He's a pretty good interior pass rusher who is normally limited to passing downs, but if he improves as much over this offseason then that
might have to be re-thought. He was used on roughly 1/3rd of the snaps, which was more than I thought.

His mention makes me add that we got a lot of mileage and snaps out of Lawrence Guy and Davon Godchaux this season. They held up
well, even though most fans still think Godchaux sucks, but 62 tackles for an interior DL is good production. We need to think about
limiting Guy's snaps moving forward as he was really good during the middle of the season but got ground down during the last month
and his production dropped. Often, those two were the only DLs on the field for us.

Guy'll be entering his 11th season, so the clock is ticking. Aside from production there is something to be said for a guy that is is strong
at the point and tough and the LB corps has benefitted from his presence. He's a very smart player.

I'll be watching Sam Roberts and Jeremiah Pharms to see if they might help inside, especially Roberts who has potential but only played
in 3 games and looked like a rookie. I don't know what we see in Pharms.

A space-eating DL might be a useful way to use a draft choice in a couple of months, but we have bigger needs.

Ekaule was improved over what we saw in '21, especially the last month and a half. He's very quick, but it appeared to me that he added some muscle and didn't get
pushed around as much. He's a pretty good interior pass rusher who is normally limited to passing downs, but if he improves as much over this offseason then that
might have to be re-thought. He was used on roughly 1/3rd of the snaps, which was more than I thought.

His mention makes me add that we got a lot of mileage and snaps out of Lawrence Guy and Davon Godchaux this season. They held up
well, even though most fans still think Godchaux sucks, but 62 tackles for an interior DL is good production. We need to think about
limiting Guy's snaps moving forward as he was really good during the middle of the season but got ground down during the last month
and his production dropped. Often, those two were the only DLs on the field for us.

Guy'll be entering his 11th season, so the clock is ticking. Aside from production there is something to be said for a guy that is is strong
at the point and tough and the LB corps has benefitted from his presence. He's a very smart player.

I'll be watching Sam Roberts and Jeremiah Pharms to see if they might help inside, especially Roberts who has potential but only played
in 3 games and looked like a rookie. I don't know what we see in Pharms.

A space-eating DL might be a useful way to use a draft choice in a couple of months, but we have bigger needs.

1. Guy is excellent but old so needs a replacement.
2. Godchaux is a fake stats guy. You can’t count his tackle stats and say he’s good, look at how many cheap tackles he makes 5+ yards past the LOS after him and Bentley whiffed on a guy first. A good DT in BB’s system has never been about high tackles, it’s been by having a top5 run defense by gobbling up blockers and holding the point of attack. Pats run defense hasn’t been good overall with Godchaux, that sounds on him. Pats pass defense and pass rush has been the strength of this defense. Godchaux’s fake tackle stats mean nothing. But Guy does need replacing, he’s a good player but old

2. Godchaux is a fake stats guy. You can’t count his tackle stats and say he’s good, look at how many cheap tackles he makes 5+ yards past the LOS after him and Bentley whiffed on a guy first. A good DT in BB’s system has never been about high tackles, it’s been by having a top5 run defense by gobbling up blockers and holding the point of attack. Pats run defense hasn’t been good overall with Godchaux, that sounds on him. Pats pass defense and pass rush has been the strength of this defense. Godchaux’s fake tackle stats mean nothing. But Guy does need replacing, he’s a good player but old

You only “see” what you already think.

You only “see” what you already think.
Godchaux had a strong season this year, after a mediocre start. When Barmore was out the run defense remained pretty solid, especially up the gut. It was Godchaux who was drawing most of the doubles. He does sometimes struggle with influence blocks, but overall he's been sound.

Why not play Marcus more on offense? His speed and evade-ability are ridiculous.
I think because he's going to be far more valuable as a cb. Not to beat a dead horse but Thornton was supposed to be that guy on offense. He may still become that, he's at least been more productive than Harry ever was, but I still question that pick. To further beat a dead 🐎, I think we can all agree that we need at least one legitimate weapon that other teams have to account for.

Last edited:
I think because he's going to be far more valuable as a cb. Not to beat a dead horse but Thornton was supposed to be that guy on offense. He may still become that, he's at least been more productive than Harry ever was, but I still question that pick. To further beat a dead 🐎, I think we can all agree that we need at least one legitimate weapon that other teams have to account for.

Yes and Marcus should pick and specialize in one main role. If he keeps spreading himself thin he’ll end up a master of none.

Yes and Marcus should pick and specialize in one main role. If he keeps spreading himself thin he’ll end up a master of none.

I'm genuinely interested why you think that when he's shown, as a rookie, he's already mastered multiple roles. In my view, he'll only get better at all his roles.

Need a seasoned OC to fix the offense. See how Daboll totally turned around Daniel Jones and the Giants, and how Joe Judge ruined the Giants, Jones, and now Mac Jones.

I'm genuinely interested why you think that when he's shown, as a rookie, he's already mastered multiple roles. In my view, he'll only get better at all his roles.

He’s explosive for sure but has he “mastered” anything? That’s a stretch. He can run a couple plays on offense, might have a future as a slot CB, and can return punts.

Back