Positions to Upgrade in the Off-Season

Areas to Upgrade (select any/all that apply)

• Total voters
They seem to be courting Adrian Klemm pretty hard.

He seems to have been going to random spots recently. If BB thoroughly vetted this then I’m ok. Vetted meaning not like last year and said Fatt Matt can do it because he played high school ball.

Ok, but....
Brady had a better team, more experienced veteran players around him and better coaching than Mac had last year.
The only point I made is that Mac performed pretty well under those circumstances. Almost as well as Brady in years 1 & 2.
But you're right, we will see.

Yes, we will, and I hope you're right about Mac Jones. The Patriots now have a real offensive coordinator, so that will help immensely, I think.

They seem to be courting Adrian Klemm pretty hard.

I think it's interesting that they are doing so and his track record at Oregon sounds impressive.

I will mention that Klemm and incumbent OL coach Billy Yates were two guys who would have to be considered in a group
for worst Olinemen during the Belichick era. So far.

Klemm was a disappointment as a high pick who couldn't stay healthy and wasn't strong enough for the NFL and Yates was
a legendary weight-room stud who couldn't apply any of that strength on the field. He was one sorry excuse for a blocker, but
that doesn't mean neither can coach.

I would say that last season was not a feather in Yates' cap simply because of the significant and consistent troubles we saw
in getting rushers covered, handling switches and the incredible amount of pre-snap stuff we dealt with all year. And he was
a coach, right? Still, I'm not claiming I know the reasons why things spun out of control like that, but I don't want to see it again.

Still, I wish they could talk Matt Light into getting back in the game. I'd like to think a guy who had such good technique would
be able to teach others how to do it, but I think he's enjoying retirement as it is.

With DMac retiring and smurf CBs, I am happy the Patriots got the best man-cover DBack in the draft in Christian Gonzalez. Quiet ultra-durable player. Happens to be a physical freak (har har).

Bring back Man Cover-1. Every Pats championship D was a man cover-1 featured defense.

Back