Pregame thread - Patriots vs Washington (Preseason game 1) Thursday, 8/12/21, 7:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cam specifically said it did not affect him mentally. I just posted this but here it is again below. If your sources are correct then Cam has been lying and that's not good. Also, I have known dozens of people who have had Covid and were asymptotic and had no mental issues whatsoever. They would not had even known they had it had they not been tested and they were only tested because they were exposed to someone who had tested positive.

"Ever since coming back from corona to be honest with you, I felt stagnant in my thought process," Newton said Thursday.

However, when NFL Network's Mike Giardi followed up by asking Newton if he subscribed to the "COVID fog" theory, Newton clarified that it was his inability to keep up with Josh McDaniels' offense that left him behind, not the virus.

"No, it's nothing to it," Newton said. "It's just the fact that I wasn't able to do anything for that stint while I was off and it showed. Coming back, pretty much dry and knowing that as this offense goes, it evolves.

"When I did come back, I just felt behind. The production here of late is nothing to blame more or less than me just taking ownership and responsibility that I just have to be better."

Cam never said he did or didn't have it. He also hasn't said he did or didn't get the vaccine. Interesting, don't you think, that he said he wasn't able to do anything while he was out?
Think about that.

Just an FYI, Asiasi also had COVID these past 2 weeks which is why he's missed a lot of camp. No one reported that either as far as I know. You can chalk that up to a conspiracy theory, too, if you want...but you'd be wrong. The Pats certainly won't say.

Of course, he could! Testing can only show evidence of the virus, but no doctor could tell how sick you actually are/feel bar evidence of fluid in the alveoli which would signify covid induced pneumonia and in that case, he'd be on a ventilator. No medic can tell you how you feel when you have a cold or the flu, only you know that. You're the only one who can know if you're tired or fatigued or have brain fog etc. There's no test for that.
thats not what google says ;)

Cam never said he did or didn't have it. He also hasn't said he did or didn't get the vaccine. Interesting, don't you think, that he said he wasn't able to do anything while he was out?
Think about that.

Just an FYI, Asiasi also had COVID these past 2 weeks which is why he's missed a lot of camp. No one reported that either as far as I know. You can chalk that up to a conspiracy theory, too, if you want...but you'd be wrong. The Pats certainly won't say.
I can only go by what Cam has said which I already posted. The Patriots reported that he tested positive for Covid and he never denied he did. His own father said he was asymptomatic. When Cam was asked about his return from Covid and the struggles he had with the offense, he said it was not the virus but that the offense had advanced when he was out and he was not able to catch up. That is coming from the player himself. Your sources are contradicting what he himself has said and what every media person has reported which would make Cam a liar.

I don't think it is unusual at all that he has not said anything about the vaccine. Neither has Mac to my knowledge and other players as well. It is a personal medical decision and no one's business IMO.

Last edited:
I can only go by what Cam has said which I already posted. The Patriots reported that he tested positive for Covid and he never denied he did. His own father said he was asymptomatic. When Cam was asked about his return from Covid and the struggles he had with the offense, he said it was not the virus but that the offense had advanced when he was out and he was not able to catch up. That is coming from the player himself. Your sources are contradicting what he himself has said and what every media person has reported which would make Cam a liar.

I don't think it is unusual at all that he has no said anything about the vaccine. Neither has Mac to my knowledge and other players as well. It is a personal medical decision and no one's business IMO.

You're misinterpreting an awful lot regarding what Cam said. Show me where he said he didn't have COVID. He did say he couldn't do anything to keep up while he was out.
You're entitled to your opinion regarding what Cam said but he certainly wasn't going to respond to Giardi in a way that could have incriminated himself as having had symptoms.

I understand this about you...you have your opinions and nobody is going to change them - not with facts and not with inside knowledge - about anything.
For that reason, I'm done with this.

His father saying it is a pretty good source. Lol
And Cam never refuted it then or anytime since. His Instagram says nothing of symptoms not did any media member read that post as an indication that he had symptoms. Again - if had symptoms why would he not say so and mislead?

Just curious - who is your source in this? I don't mean a name specifically but where is it coming from as I would think his dad would be a better source and the numerous media members who have reported on it and are closely connected to the team.
Really did you forget the kind of garbage his father said about what took place around Cams going to Auburn?

You're misinterpreting an awful lot regarding what Cam said. Show me where he said he didn't have COVID. He did say he couldn't do anything to keep up while he was out.
You're entitled to your opinion regarding what Cam said but he certainly wasn't going to respond to Giardi in a way that could have incriminated himself as having had symptoms.

I understand this about you...you have your opinions and nobody is going to change them - not with facts and not with inside knowledge - about anything.
For that reason, I'm done with this.
Honestly, Chevs, I really don't know where you are going with this. Saying he could not do anything in context of when he said it meant he could not meet with the team, which he couldn't. He was quarantined. He could do nothing football wise with his team or the coaches. This is how he fell behind the offense. He said this himself. This not conjecture by me or an opinion which is why I am pushing you on this so hard.

He never once indicated last year or anytime since that he was so sick with symptoms so that he could not do anything. That would have contradicted every single report and his own father and himself. That is why I am asking you these questions. You are the first person to ever say he had symptoms. I know you have sources close to the team which I respect that is why I am trying to understand where you are getting this from. It makes Cam a liar and is a bomb shell of sorts for us as fans as our season was derailed in part last year because he did contract Covid and if he did in fact have symptoms and the Pats had him come back too soon than that really reflects poorly on Josh and Bill because our season never recovered.

Honestly, Chevs, I really don't know where you are going with this. Saying he could not do anything in context of when he said it meant he could not meet with the team, which he couldn't. He was quarantined. He could do nothing football wise with his team or the coaches. This is how he fell behind the offense. He said this himself. This not conjecture by me or an opinion which is why I am pushing you on this so hard.

He never once indicated last year or anytime since that he was so sick with symptoms so that he could not do anything. That would have contradicted every single report and his own father and himself. That is why I am asking you these questions. You are the first person to ever say he had symptoms. I know you have sources close to the team which I respect that is why I am trying to understand where you are getting this from. It makes Cam a liar and is a bomb shell of sorts for us as fans as our season was derailed in part last year because he did contract Covid and if he did in fact have symptoms and the Pats had him come back too soon than that really reflects poorly on Josh and Bill because our season never recovered.
you just answered your own question that you asked.........I know you have sources close to the team which I respect that is why I am trying to understand where you are getting this from

you just answered your own question that you asked.........I know you have sources close to the team which I respect that is why I am trying to understand where you are getting this from
I am asking who? I am not saying names but who. A trainer? A coach? A marketing person? Because our local media guys like Reiss, Howe, Curran are insanely connected and none of them have ever said Cam had symptoms. They are also around the players too a lot and again not a peep.

I had to reclick to.make sure this was the 1st preseason game thread.
Certainly interested in seeing Mac the Knife when he gets in the game.
Very interested in seeing Barmore and if they play him inside or outside.
Yeah I wonder if Mac will get time with the 1's and how long the 1's will play. I'm thinking like a quarter.

Yeah I wonder if Mac will get time with the 1's and how long the 1's will play. I'm thinking like a quarter.

While I support Cam as far as he can go, after watching a ton of film on Mac, he has all the potential to be the future. Getting chills just thinking about watching his debut.

His dad lied about most every thing when it comes to Cam and problems
What benefit would it be though to lie about Covid if Cam was really sick? Like I said before, Cam would not have been able to hide it if he was sick with the protocols. There were 2 separate protocols for asymptotic vs symptomatic that designated time for return. Now if Bill lied to get Cam back on the field given the debacle in KC which may have been what happened then we have a pretty significant story.

What benefit would it be though to lie about Covid if Cam was really sick? Like I said before, Cam would not have been able to hide it if he was sick with the protocols. There were 2 separate protocols for asymptotic vs symptomatic that designated time for return. Now if Bill lied to get Cam back on the field given the debacle in KC which may have been what happened then we have a pretty significant story.
There doesn't need to be a benefit. It is just what his dad does.

There doesn't need to be a benefit. It is just what his dad does.
That's fine but why then did Cam not correct him? Having Covid symptoms was a huge freaking deal last year as it meant Cam would have to miss more time if he was indeed symptomatic. Someone lied. Either Cam or Bill or possibly both.

That's fine but why then did Cam not correct him? Having Covid symptoms was a huge freaking deal last year as it meant Cam would have to miss more time if he was indeed symptomatic. Someone lied. Either Cam or Bill or possibly both.
Have you always been this dense? Bill has never said much of anything about players heath. And Cam has never spoken against his dad.

Have you always been this dense? Bill has never said much of anything about players heath. And Cam has never spoken against his dad.
Fine. So they both lied then and our season was compromised as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back