Pregame thread - Patriots vs Washington (Preseason game 1) Thursday, 8/12/21, 7:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be most interested to see the number of reps BB gives Cam and Mac. Could be a tell for his plans for the near future depending on production from this game.

NO INJURIES!

Definitely looking forward to it. We'll be able to see the depth the Pats have, and see how the rookies do in their first action. As well as those positions where cut downs will be tough (like RBs and WRs). Then of course Mac's debut, which would probably be the headliner.

Excited here as well. I have seen all of Mac's games, hmm I have seen all of Cam's games as well. This will be fun.

I watched over 3 hours of Mac's high and lowlights the other night for the first time and came away really impressed.

As someone who followed him, do you have any thoughts on him, Muse?

I watched over 3 hours of Mac's high and lowlights the other night for the first time and came away really impressed.

As someone who followed him, do you have any thoughts on him, Mus

I will allow my bias to shine in this sense, I felt Saban should have had him in instead of Tua on many occassions.

He likes the long ball he has done that on soooo many occassions. Which is great if a/ your Oline can defend you which they could and b/ you had a hell of a receiving corp which he had.( I will miss those guys this coming season when the Tides take the field) #RollTide fan here for a while now. It is rare I have see him be like a dear in the headlights.

He is not mobile in the sense that we like mobile QB but he is not afraid to leave the pocket if it is collapsing and he sees nothing he can use. He is solid as far as QB are and can take a hit. He is a great teammate and everyone by all accounts has said he is a good guy in the locker room. He studies film , I mean he studies film.

You won't see him in the news much for things you don't want to see your athletes for.

I will also put my bias in this sentence, if we had not picked him up I would have followed him on whaterver team had him. Tua, I have not done that once.

I truly feel, and I am trying to let my bias out of this sentence, that he has soooo much potential and that he is with the right team to gear him toward all of what he can do.

His arm strength is not the best but I have seen brillance that made me go, "Damn," as I would rewind my tv to watch the same clip over and over again. And while it is not the best he knows
how to work his strengths well versus his weaknesses.

He is a solid player.

Don't get me started on Cam, for I have much positives about him as well. I know I am probably in the minority.

Not sure if any of this helps.

I will allow my bias to shine in this sense, I felt Saban should have had him in instead of Tua on many occassions.

He likes the long ball he has done that on soooo many occassions. Which is great if a/ your Oline can defend you which they could and b/ you had a hell of a receiving corp which he had.( I will miss those guys this coming season when the Tides take the field) #RollTide fan here for a while now. It is rare I have see him be like a dear in the headlights.

He is not mobile in the sense that we like mobile QB but he is not afraid to leave the pocket if it is collapsing and he sees nothing he can use. He is solid as far as QB are and can take a hit. He is a great teammate and everyone by all accounts has said he is a good guy in the locker room. He studies film , I mean he studies film.

You won't see him in the news much for things you don't want to see your athletes for.

I will also put my bias in this sentence, if we had not picked him up I would have followed him on whaterver team had him. Tua, I have not done that once.

I truly feel, and I am trying to let my bias out of this sentence, that he has soooo much potential and that he is with the right team to gear him toward all of what he can do.

His arm strength is not the best but I have seen brillance that made me go, "Damn," as I would rewind my tv to watch the same clip over and over again. And while it is not the best he knows
how to work his strengths well versus his weaknesses.

He is a solid player.

Don't get me started on Cam, for I have much positives about him as well. I know I am probably in the minority.

Not sure if any of this helps.

Thank you, that was precisely my takeaway after my watch session.

And on Cam, yeah you are in the minority but I'm with you on him.

Thank you, that was precisely my takeaway after my watch session.

And on Cam, yeah you are in the minority but I'm with you on him.

We will miss MJ in his house. I am not sold on Bryce,LOL, but I guess we work with what we got.

I have taken hits from Cam but that is okay. Glad you are on board as well. I mean, hell, the man had Covid, you don't recover from that in a snap. Not to forget our plan books is the ridicullous in the amount of pages it is, LOL, plus he left his family in Carolina so that was alot in my opinion but so yeah I am excited for the both of them.

We will miss MJ in his house. I am not sold on Bryce,LOL, but I guess we work with what we got.

I have taken hits from Cam but that is okay. Glad you are on board as well. I mean, hell, the man had Covid, you don't recover from that in a snap. Not to forget our plan books is the ridicullous in the amount of pages it is, LOL, plus he left his family in Carolina so that was alot in my opinion but so yeah I am excited for the both of them.

Cam wasn't healthy last year...shoulder, foot and then COVID. Some people here like to say he was asymptomatic but he was symptomatic and had it pretty good for 10days. He was a sick puppy and never regained his form. He's healthy now. Most here know I'm an AU fan and alum having gone to Vet School there. You may not know that. I also did undergraduate at Bama. So I have allegiances to both programs. Glad you came back, Muse! I'm pulling for Cam, Stidham and Mac to do well!

Cam wasn't healthy last year...shoulder, foot and then COVID. Some people here like to say he was asymptomatic but he was symptomatic and had it pretty good for 10days. He was a sick puppy and never regained his form. He's healthy now. Most here know I'm an AU fan and alum having gone to Vet School there. You may not know that. I also did undergraduate at Bama. So I have allegiances to both programs. Glad you came back, Muse! I'm pulling for Cam, Stidham and Mac to do well!
Absolutely, he was in rough shape.

Ah, can't think of Bama without AU. 💕

Thanks, shugs, it is good to be back. Anytime you want to talk about our boys in AL or here just hit me up.

I do like Stidham as well, a solid player who just happens to be on teams that have great talent. We have not seen all he can do.

Here's to the three of them.

Were you on the intramural Dog squad or the varsity?

Cheers

Definitely a lot to watch for this week. I might even make it well into the 2nd half.

So is this the equivalent of the old preseason game #1 (no starters) or #2 (maybe 2 series)?
I'm thinking game 2.

The next game will be the old game 3. And the third game the bubble players.

I have not seen it anywhere that Cam had symptoms. He has even said he was asymptomatic. Were the Pats not being truthful about his condition?

I have not seen it anywhere that Cam had symptoms. He has even said he was asymptomatic. Were the Pats not being truthful about his condition?

You won't find anything about it bc that's not how the Patriots operate. Both he and Gilmore had it...Gilmore's was less severe.

You won't find anything about it bc that's not how the Patriots operate. Both he and Gilmore had it...Gilmore's was less severe.
Why would they lie about the virus?

An "inside baseball tip from Bucky Brooks; After the first preseason game is when you see the biggest change in the depth chart".

From Mike Lombardi, if you think your young QB will win you games later in the season, then you play him early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back