(Preseason) Game Thread - Game 1 Pats v. Giants

Hey! Been some time since I logged in, but with football season coming up, time to grease up the wheels. What a shocker to see that Avatar name and all my info has vanished from my square (at least my evil kitter is still there). Is this normal or do I have to fix something from here??

Thanks gang.:amstupid:

Ulp. Never mind. As soon as I posted the above, everything came back. I guess you are grayed out if you don't participate!!

Hey! Been some time since I logged in, but with football season coming up, time to grease up the wheels. What a shocker to see that Avatar name and all my info has vanished from my square (at least my evil kitter is still there). Is this normal or do I have to fix something from here??

Thanks gang.:amstupid:
Good to see you back OBF. UT took away my smilies or whatever they are called today. Hate to think what he did to your kitten while you were away.

I thought the new blocking scheme, I think it's called the McShanny offense, looked terrible and the offensive line just got SHREDDED.

In addition, Mac Jones showed that he's almost scraping his low ceiling, the coaching staff was terrible and the draftees from the last few years
all struggled indicating that Bill Belichick is a terrible GM and might be starting to show signs of mental illness.

Tyson Thornton looked very skinny, particularly his tiny (almost puppet-like) hands and wrists.

The rookie corners are too short and neither can rush the passer.

I think we need to re-sign all the veterans we've lost over the last few years and cut all the young kids so we can possibly avoid last place in
the AFC East for the next few seasons.

I'm also getting sick of all the injuries and think the Patriots should give Chris Sale a look because while he's never played football before, at
least he has proven that he is durable and has a frame that can add weight.

I'll stop there, because it's almost time my Nurse to bring me my pills so I can catch the new Matlock. That Andy Griffith is the best. Let's hope
next week's game is a little better, but I'll call the Sports Huddle tomorrow and ask Eddie Andleman what he thinks.

I thought the new blocking scheme, I think it's called the McShanny offense, looked terrible and the offensive line just got SHREDDED.

In addition, Mac Jones showed that he's almost scraping his low ceiling, the coaching staff was terrible and the draftees from the last few years
all struggled indicating that Bill Belichick is a terrible GM and might be starting to show signs of mental illness.

Tyson Thornton looked very skinny, particularly his tiny (almost puppet-like) hands and wrists.

I think we need to re-sign all the veterans we've lost over the last few years and cut all the young kids so we can possibly avoid last place in

I'm also getting sick of all the injuries and think the Patriots should give Chris Sale a look because while he's never played football before, at

I'll stop there, because it's almost time my Nurse to bring me my pills so I can catch the new Matlock. That Andy Griffith is the best. Let's hope
next week's game is a little better, but I'll call the Sports Huddle tomorrow and ask Eddie Andleman what he thinks.
I'm going to guess it will involve a hot dog. :coffee:

I don't think we'll need a "karma" thread, because I accidentally saw some of "Boston Sports Tonight" and to hear them talk, Pats should be utterly hapless on offense. they said Cole Strange is the 2nd worst O-lineman so far in camp. I changed the channel as fast as I could to one of those shopping channels (and my new cookware should arrive in just a few days :coffee: )
no need to pretend we'll get killed, it's just gonna happen. I guess Rod Rust isn't walking thru that door

I'll be interested in watching a few players closely tonight.

Tyquon Thornton for sure. He's tearing up our DBs in camp especially with his verticals and double moves. He'll need to prove his trustworthiness in games but I won't be surprised if BB keeps him mostly under wraps during the preseason and brings him out when it counts.

LBs. McMillan and Mack Wilson. Reporters are saying they are filling our need for speed at the 2nd level. I want to see it for myself.

DB Josh Bledsoe hasn't gotten a lot of press but I'm told he's been racking up points quickly with the coaches by playing both safety positions extremely well. In the box he's been covering our TEs like a blanket and he's strong against the run. As a deep safety he's been reliable and shows makeup speed to the ball & takes good angles. He could be a star one day.

Our Jones brothers CBs Jonathan, Marcus and Jack. So much to sort out. If Marcus can play Slot effectively, Jon would be able to switch to outside which would be huge for us. I also want to see Marcus light up our return game.

DL LaBryan Ray is my UDFA candidate to make the 53. He has as many sacks in camp as Judon. Stay healthy my friend.

Edge Anfernee Jennings. Are the reports of him rising from the ashes accurate?

RB Pierre Strong - I want to see his speed in a couple of our new outside zone runs. If he catches a pass or 2 that would be gravy.

OT Yodney Cajuste was someone Hawg thought had potential when he first joined the team If memory serves. That seems like eons ago but this year may just be his year to break out. The Pats had their best day running the ball this camp when he played for Wynn at RT. Coincidence or illusion.

OL Cole Strange. Reporters like what they've seen so far but seeing is believing.

Last edited:
Back