(Preseason) Game Thread - Game 1 Pats v. Giants

No one should care about the final score. But when the #1 offense is on the field, then how they put together a drive and score is important.

Listened to WEEI on my run this morning (I know, I know) and Wiggie is on there drumming up BS on how we may have a budding QB competition and if Zappe plays well tonight to watch out.

Unreal. If anyone should know better it should be him, but he proved he is just as much a whore for attention as the afternoon idiots.

Listened to WEEI on my run this morning (I know, I know) and Wiggie is on there drumming up BS on how we may have a budding QB competition and if Zappe plays well tonight to watch out.

Unreal. If anyone should know better it should be him, but he proved he is just as much a whore for attention as the afternoon idiots.
I watched Zappe during the TC I went to last week. He looked pretty rough as you would expect from rookie.

Wiggie is still mad that Cam was terrible.

A little bit curious given the shortened preseason, but I guess they plan to ramp up during joint practices. Be curious which of week 2 or 3 they use as the dress rehearsal.

A little bit curious given the shortened preseason, but I guess they plan to ramp up during joint practices. Be curious which of week 2 or 3 they use as the dress rehearsal.
Perhaps a trend is forming to use joint practices as a replacement for the lost 4the preseason game. In joint practices, the two coaches can decide what plays to run and work on specific things.

Perhaps a trend is forming to use joint practices as a replacement for the lost 4the preseason game. In joint practices, the two coaches can decide what plays to run and work on specific things.
Bill has said he finds a lot of value in the joint practices. I am looking forward to both. I think we will learn a lot and see how far the offense has progressed.

I'll be interested in watching a few players closely tonight.

Tyquon Thornton for sure. He's tearing up our DBs in camp especially with his verticals and double moves. He'll need to prove his trustworthiness in games but I won't be surprised if BB keeps him mostly under wraps during the preseason and brings him out when it counts.

He's number one on my watchlist. I just want to see him catch one pass and get some YAC. Not looking for anything downtown, yet, just a teaser.

LBs. McMillan and Mack Wilson. Reporters are saying they are filling our need for speed at the 2nd level. I want to see it for myself.

These are two guys that I have watched only briefly, but was not impressed at all. I've been interested in the camp reports, but I need to see it. I like speed, but job number one for a LB is to be able to eat some glass and fill a hole. If you can't at least do that.......
Our Jones brothers CBs Jonathan, Marcus and Jack. So much to sort out. If Marcus can play Slot effectively, Jon would be able to switch to outside which would be huge for us. I also want to see Marcus light up our return game.

Marcus is my number two focal point. He's got more to learn than anybody with a new position on D and STs, so I'm trying to be patient. I spent some time last week studying up
on him on Youtube to double check whether he really is what I thought. He is. His rap game depends way too much on Autotune, but Marcus Jones is a really good hitter. Not tall, but he's really strong and explosive and needs only a few steps to lay some lumber. I see so many remarkable traits in him that it's just a matter of time. I like the look in his eye and the way he carries himself on the field. He's very smart, instinctive and competitive as hell. One exclamation point play tonight would make me happy. Just a glimpse, please.

Getting him in the 3rd round will ultimately prove to be grand larceny. I'm glad he's not tall, because that's what fuels him to shut everybody up. By the end of the year he's going to be a star in at least 2 phases. Maybe all 3.

OT Yodney Cajuste was someone Hawg thought had potential when he first joined the team If memory serves. That seems like eons ago but this year may just be his year to break out. The Pats had their best day running the ball this camp when he played for Wynn at RT. Coincidence or illusion.

OL Cole Strange. Reporters like what they've seen so far but seeing is believing.

I still have a candle burning for Yodney. One horrible beat last year against Dallas derailed some nice momentum for him, but he needs to play clean over the next few weeks to beat out
Justin Herron, who seems to be given a ton of chances for some inexplicable reason. I really don't get him at all. Cajuste is a much better player.

I read something about Strange making a nice reach block the other day and that is something that he should excel at before long. His best trait appears to be his quickness out of his stance and ability to beat his opponent to a spot. He's an ideal zone blocking prospect, but I'll expect some struggles for him and rough patches in the short term. I'll hope for the best tonight and hope nobody steals his lunch money.

This morning I found at golf all off the 3rd hole. Picked it up and it had a NY Gaints logo. I took it by a tree off the 5th hole and peed on it.

Jr's buddy has been working with the 2's all week, the guy directly in front of him on the depth chart is out so keep an eye out for #62 at LT for the Giants tonight. Should see some significant reps.

Pretty sure I heard Dabol say earlier in the week that everyone was going to play on the Giants.

so far about what you'd expect when a teams starters are going against the JV. a few good plays so far by the D (I'm about 5 - 10 mins behind "live")
Hey, cheerleaders have new skimpy uni's ?

so far about what you'd expect when a teams starters are going against the JV. a few good plays so far by the D (I'm about 5 - 10 mins behind "live")
Hey, cheerleaders have new skimpy uni's ?
Summer versions maybe.

Nice little end of that series from Carl Davis. Like to see Mack Wilson flying around too.

Back