Pro Football HOF Class of 2022 and 2021 NFL Awards Thread - Seymour is in!

Roberto71

Reaction score
Gear to hear Willie Mac talking about Seymour on the NFLN with Seymour beside him.

Worth saying again, anyone who thinks the Patriots success was just solely about one player, insults these men. The bedrock of that early success was that defense with incredible players like these guys.

View: https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/1492006108382121984?s=21

I’d give my right arm for a Gold Jacket for Willie Mac.

Franco Harris said in his induction speech that when they were playing, they never realised they were building a "Steeler wing in the Half of Fame".

The Patriots should have that. Willie, Teddy, Rodney should all be in. We should see more in the coming years, Tom, Gronk. Big Vince and Jules should be there IMHO but they won't get in.

Last edited:
Great to see Big Sey get his due. He was the 1st Patriot pick in the 2001 draft.
It should be mentioned that the 2nd Patriots pick was Matt Light.
Both were major contributors in the first 3 SB wins.

I had to do a google search to remember who Ron Borges was but I thought his Nostradumbass comments should be memorialized today.

Congrats Big Sey, I guess you weren't too tall or too slow after all.
It was nice of Borges to take a break from beating up people confined to wheelchairs to write that prescient article. The acumen that is on display there is mind-boggling.

Glad to see Seymour get in the HOF. He was a dominant guy teams had to game plan against.
Now for a few others on those teams! Hopefully, he was the first of several.

I had to do a google search to remember who Ron Borges was but I thought his Nostradumbass comments should be memorialized today.

Congrats Big Sey, I guess you weren't too tall or too slow after all.
Borges hated BB and the Pats...

Congrats to the Big Sey! Certainly deserving of this award. :dance: :patslogo26: :dance:

More Patriots should get in, but won't. Sorry, a bit cynical this morning. :coffee:

He absolutely deserves it but I wasn't sure he'd get in, I thought it would be held against him that he didn't put up huge numbers but he made the entire line and overall defense better with all the double teams he drew. He was an unmovable object. It was no coincidence that Ty Warren went from stud to dud after Seymour was traded.

Well done to our man, Richard Seymour! He makes it.

View: https://twitter.com/RochieWBZ/status/1491974904257957911

View: https://twitter.com/NBCSBoston/status/1491972946369392641

• Tony Boselli
  • Leroy Butler
  • Richard Seymour
  • Dick Vermeil
  • Bryant Young
TJ Watt won DPOY, Cooper Kupp won OPPY, Rodgers is MVP, Andrew Whitworth a deserved WPMOY, our own Slates gets the Art Rooney Sportsmanship of the Year award. Vrabel gets Coach of the Year.

Leroy Butler and Bryant Young, huh?

Leroy Butler gets in, and Rodney can't get a sniff. Joke.

He absolutely deserves it but I wasn't sure he'd get in, I thought it would be held against him that he didn't put up huge numbers but he made the entire line and overall defense better with all the double teams he drew. He was an unmovable object. It was no coincidence that Ty Warren went from stud to dud after Seymour was traded.
I knew he'd get in eventually, and I have a restored faith in humanity that he got in this year. Had he been drafted elsewhere, he'd have probably have ended his career with closer to 100 sacks and have been enshrined sooner. He definitely left some sexy stats on the table by playing most of his career in the Pats system, but I appreciate that he didn't have to stand around waiting until well into his 50's before getting the nod (which is what I was starting to believe would happen).

Back