Props to Gostkowski

The Ghost does what he does best.

That should end the questionablility of our Kicker once and for all.

Thank you Ghost.

And Thank you Patriots

What a game.:thumb:

And Thanks to the Mods for giving us a place to share our excitment together.

Unfortunately if you turn on your national weather channel you will see Hemi's home town being slammed by an ICe storm that took out Hemi's electicity at 4PM today. I had to go to AM radio for this one.

Power is still out and maybe out for days now.

Im at work now and able to post but things are bad here. Very bad.

Tomorrow I will wire my solar generator up to my furnace to heat my place. This City is out of gasoline as well. Only diesel available.

Crazy around here.

Amen. I am fast forgetting that other kickers name we used to have.....

Vini.....Vinnie Terrera.....Vinijagt.....i dunno...it was something like that.

It may deserve some notice:

On Divisional Weekend, three games were decided by Kickers groomed by the New England Patriots.

Indy/Balt: Zombie, 5 FGs tie a post season record and make him the solo post season FG kicker.

Sea/Chi: Robbie Gould kicks a 49 yd walk off game winner.

NE/SD: Stephen Gostkowski kicks a game winner.

I don't remember "the last guy" being this good as a rookie......

Comparable stats
Code:
Vinatieri:
Year	Team			G	1-19	20-29	30-39	40-49	50+	Tot	Lg	Blk	Pct	
1996	New England Patriots	16	1-1	9-10	8-8	8-14	1-2	27-35	50	1	77.1
Gostkowski:
Year	Team			G	1-19	20-29	30-39	40-49	50+	Tot	Lg	Blk	Pct	
2006	New England Patriots	16	0-0	10-11	7-10	2-4	1-1	20-26	52	2	76.9

His FGs were awesome and clutch! I wasn't too worried about him but reassurance is always nice!

This from the lovely and talented Dan Pires who provided us with this cool tid-bit of info on the Ghost kicking today....

"Stephen Gostkowski nailed a 50-yard field goal in the first quarter to give the Patriots a 3-0 lead. The 50-yard field goal was the longest in New England’s 30-game playoff history, topping the previous mark of 48 yards, achieved by Adam Vinatieri in Super Bowl XXXVI (2/3/02) and also in the 2004 AFC Championship Game (1/23/05). Entering today, the Patriots had attempted two field goals of 50 yards or longer in their playoff history and had been unsuccessful on both tries. Gostkowski nailed his only field goal attempt of 50 yards or longer in the 2006 regular season, nailing a 52-yard field goal against Chicago (11/26/06) that was the franchise’s longest field goal in four years and was the longest field goal converted by the Patriots in the history of Gillette Stadium."

Not much to add. Just wanted to keep this thread going because the rookie deserves big props.

Amazing what you can get these days for under 12 million dollars. ;)

This game had to be a bit of a coming out party for the Ghost. Pats playoff record FG. Game winner pressure kick. It was nice to see.

I'm really confused :huh:

All season long, we've been told that only Adam can make the critical kicks. Losing Adam was going to be the Pats downfall. There's no other kicker in the game that can make a kick when the game is on the line. Now my world has been turned upside down.

If that was Adam who made those three kicks, we'd be talking about the "greatest clutch kicker int he history of the NFL". Instead, the rook just goes out and does what he was drafted to do with little fan fare.

Back