Quarter For My Thoughts: New England Patriots vs Jacksonville Jaguars

"Keshawn Martin is an interesting addition. Too bad he went to the worst college in America."

I didn't know Martin went to Stanford. :huh:

Nice fan summary.

I wouldn't mind a little more criticism when it's due. For example you mentioned how big Malcom Brown is but you didn't say a thing about how easily he gets turned at the LOS because he doesn't use proper leverage when he stands up too soon. New arrival Hicks should fix that. And McCourty ran right past that questionable ball; was it a pass or a fumble? BB is always looking for coaching points and flaws in his team. Good professional sports writers do that too. Greg Bedard was great at that. He'd see a flaw in the Patriots and sure enough within a week or 2 it was fixed either by coaching or the addition of a new player. I miss that guy a lot. Look for coaching points.

* I liked your adjective "ferocity" to describe Malcolm Butler's play. He got burned for a TD late in the game, but it is plain to see that the guy is giving maximum effort on every snap while he continues to figure out how to be a top corner in this league.

* You have a very succinct style with short bullet points which is the opposite of what I like to do with long, detailed, excess windage paragraphs, but sometimes I'd like to see a little more detail. For instance, you wrote:

Bortles juggles a snap and Collins leaps on his back.

I might have elaborated a bit as in:

Bortles juggles a snap and Jamie Collins, who is arguably the best linebacker in the NFL, leapt on his back like a techno-dweeb on an IPhone 6S.

You're welcome. ;)

* Not to pick nits, but you referred to the downfield pass where Dobson "drew" a flag and I think it was clear that was a terrible call and the hanky should have stayed in the pocket.

It's fun to read these and relive the sort of things that run through your head watching live. Nice review.

:thumb:

Nice fan summary.

I wouldn't mind a little more criticism when it's due. For example you mentioned how big Malcom Brown is but you didn't say a thing about how easily he gets turned at the LOS because he doesn't use proper leverage when he stands up too soon. New arrival Hicks should fix that. And McCourty ran right past that questionable ball; was it a pass or a fumble? BB is always looking for coaching points and flaws in his team. Good professional sports writers do that too. Greg Bedard was great at that. He'd see a flaw in the Patriots and sure enough within a week or 2 it was fixed either by coaching or the addition of a new player. I miss that guy a lot. Look for coaching points.

I could probably use some more criticisms I was thinking that myself. To be fair though I did have more in the last two games as this one was kind of a wire to wire beating!

Hawg: Thank you for you thoughts! I will defenitly take adding more detail into consideration and I was one of those techno-dweebs who jumped on the 6s lol.

Back