Racism in America

HSanders

omitted out of respect to Mrs.Jastremski
Reaction score
If we are racist despite the fact we have more variance in race within our country than any other country, and we allow any race into our country, what does that make the more homogenous countries to which it is more challenging to emigrate?

foobahl

Reaction score
What specifically is systematically racist in America?

I’ll wait.

I really think people confuse the words systemic with historic. Is there a history of racism in America. Undoubtedly. Is the system today set up to treat minorities worse than others. My take is no, if anything minorities get equal and special rights within the system.

tehmackdaddy

post tenebras lux
Reaction score
I really think people confuse the words systemic with historic. Is there a history of racism in America. Undoubtedly. Is the system today set up to treat minorities worse than others. My take is no, if anything minorities get equal and special rights within the system.

They are not confused; they have redefined the term.

They view unequal outcomes as proof of systemic/institutional racism, hence the calls not to change the laws or policies that are racist (which do not exist), but to tear the system completely down.

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score

They aren’t confusing anything. They are repeating a talking point hammered by the left.

Is there racism? Sure. Many people suck. But some of the minorities are the worst racists I’ve listened to.

Is the system racist? Hell no!

O_P_T

Why Be Normal
Reaction score

:coffee:

O_P_T

Why Be Normal
Reaction score
I guess this is as good a place as any to post this.

One of the #walkaway videos of people who have left the Dems.

She's a former Teacher with Teach for America and now an ER Nurse.

It's a bit long (47+ minutes) but she's an articulate and compelling speaker.

shecolt

Reaction score
I meant to reply to this thread several day's ago, but my internet connection died. :(

But, I'm back now to talk about "the fly". Yes, I'm referring to the fly that landed on Pence's head during the debate. As many of you may remember, a similar circumstance occurred 4 year's ago when a fly landed on Hillary's face during a debate. Just as "fly" jokes have been made now, "fly" jokes were made back then.
As far as I could tell, it looked to me to be a common household fly in both cases. However, this time I heard Gayle King describe the fly as a "fly of color". When I heard her say that, I thought it was a perfect example of how far the left has gone in looking to find racism. If it had been the case where most flies were white or pink or yellow, she may have had a point. But, that's not the case. Many flies are black. That's just the way it is.

The fly that landed on Hillary's face wasn't any more a sign of racism than the one that landed on Pence's head . . . until now, when someone on the left decided to find racism in a common household fly.