Racism in America

Grandmaster B

Reaction score
Founding fathers famously disagreed.

And they had various sorts of gun control, including registration, and the state had the right to inspect your musket.

If the purpose, as 2Aers like to fantasize, was for the people to fight the government, explain the whiskey rebellion.

Grandmaster B

Reaction score

At the time, Americans expected to be able to own guns, a legacy of English common law and rights. But the overwhelming use of the phrase “bear arms” in those days referred to military activities.

There is not a single word about an individual’s right to a gun for self-defense or recreation in Madison’s notes from the Constitutional Convention. Nor was it mentioned, with a few scattered exceptions, in the records of the ratification debates in the states. Nor did the U.S. House of Representatives discuss the topic as it marked up the Bill of Rights. In fact, the original version passed by the House included a conscientious objector provision. “A well regulated militia,” it explained, “composed of the body of the people, being the best security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, but no one religiously scrupulous of bearing arms, shall be compelled to render military service in person.”

Giant Octopodes

Reaction score
Founding fathers famously disagreed.

And they had various sorts of gun control, including registration, and the state had the right to inspect your musket.

If the purpose, as 2Aers like to fantasize, was for the people to fight the government, explain the whiskey rebellion.

Nice pivot and spin move, I'm not going to continue to discuss this here since this isn't the thread for it, but I'd welcome you to discuss this in the appropriate thread. We can discuss the Whiskey rebellion or any other topics you're inclined to discuss.

king of kings

All Hail
Reaction score
I have explained before that those laws are unconstitutional and that was validated by Marbury vs. Madison which reaffirmed that the Constitution is the supreme law of the land and must not be contradicted by the states.

The courts have fallen down on their jobs.
Some the Supreme Court deemed legal. No open carry States. That require a Concealed carry permit .

OP
johnlocke

johnlocke

Reaction score
Some the Supreme Court deemed legal. No open carry States. That require a Concealed carry permit .

I don't understand your point. There are a number of Constitutional Carry states as we speak.

My point was simply that state laws restricting gun rights are unconstitutional.

Grandmaster B

Reaction score
Nice pivot and spin move, I'm not going to continue to discuss this here since this isn't the thread for it, but I'd welcome you to discuss this in the appropriate thread. We can discuss the Whiskey rebellion or any other topics you're inclined to discuss.
I'm not the one repeating the lines about how we're supposed to use guns against our own government. I mean there have been what seems like 5 posts to this extent since my first comment.

That somehow that was the intent of the founding fathers. Far from it, though, the "tyranny" I see people wanting to take up arms about today is just taxes, just like the whiskey tax.

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
Then you aren't paying attention.
Disagree. He is paying attention.

It is just the the Constitution, as written, often doesn't align with his ideological beliefs.

It is not for lack of paying attention. It is quite purposeful.

deec77

Reaction score
Well-regulated.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.

Note the comas

~Dee~

You still don’t get it

~Dee~

Grandmaster B

Reaction score
You still don’t get it

~Dee~
I absolutely get it.

The NRA, which used to be focused on gun safety, changed, and managed to change the interpretation of the second amendment.

In the entire history of this country, the first Supreme Court opinion supporting the idea of an individual right to bear arms.

deec77

Reaction score
I absolutely get it.

The NRA, which used to be focused on gun safety, changed, and managed to change the interpretation of the second amendment.

In the entire history of this country, the first Supreme Court opinion supporting the idea of an individual right to bear arms.
Well since this is the racism thread....

Many states prohibited blacks from purchasing via state laws, the courts found that some states laws could not supersede federal law.

Actually the fourteenth amendment changed the second back to the federal

• All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
As far as states not being able to ban certain arms ......so if you want to go back to 1875 when the states restricted laws based on your race in certain states, be my guest....

~Dee~

Last edited:

king of kings

All Hail
Reaction score
Looks like the BLM co founder getting heat for her recent buying spree of homes .