Racism in America

OP
johnlocke

johnlocke

Reaction score
Absolutely stellar letter to the parents of a private school on the reasons why the parents were pulling their kids out.

This is a truly magnificent response to Critical Race Theory and the disgusting destruction it causes.

This, this is how you fight, with better ideas.

PatsFan09

Done. And. Done.
Reaction score
It’s an outstanding letter, but to answer your question, no, enrollment at private schools is most likely at an all-time high thanks to COVID.
We typically enroll ~400 students. We already have 417 for next year, and it’s only April.

Many articles have been in the Globe, NY Times, etc, about families going private instead of public because of COVID and the ability to be in-persons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Coltsfan2theend

Custom Titles, we don't need no custom titles
Reaction score
In high school, there was 400 plus in my graduating class alone. I am already considering sending my kids to a neighboring school system where the high school in one town has around 50 some per graduating class just so there is smaller class sizes. Private school isn’t out of the question but I’m sure our combined income takes us out of school voucher program from the state.

deec77

Reaction score
In high school, there was 400 plus in my graduating class alone. I am already considering sending my kids to a neighboring school system where the high school in one town has around 50 some per graduating class just so there is smaller class sizes. Private school isn’t out of the question but I’m sure our combined income takes us out of school voucher program from the state.
I went from a class of 8 in eighth grade to a class of 525 throughout HS plus our town had 2 HS ..... I graduated a hundred years ago. The funny thing is they actually closed the school down shortly after my youngest brother graduated. It’s since reopened but the classes are much smaller. So there’s still hope.

~Dee~

OP
johnlocke

johnlocke

Reaction score
My home city has about a thousand graduating every year.

I wanted no part of that so my parents sent me to private school.

Coltsfan2theend

Custom Titles, we don't need no custom titles
Reaction score
I went from a class of 8 in eighth grade to a class of 525 throughout HS plus our town had 2 HS ..... I graduated a hundred years ago. The funny thing is they actually closed the school down shortly after my youngest brother graduated. It’s since reopened but the classes are much smaller. So there’s still hope.

~Dee~

There is three high schools here. Two big ones have 400 plus in each graduating class. The third has significantly fewer. The high schools are over 40 years old and now they are talking about renovations and new schools. There is many options but the one I support is rebuilding both big high schools and adding a fourth.

OP
johnlocke

johnlocke

Reaction score
Math teacher Paul Rossi explains how recent alleged “anti-racist” pledges, sessions, and programs are demanding RACIST treatment of students and colleagues — and if you object they will try to fire you. Just as “liberals” are illiberal, “progressives” are regressive, and “antifa” is fascistic, these new “anti racists” are ... racists.

PatsFan09

Done. And. Done.
Reaction score
OP
johnlocke

johnlocke

Reaction score
OP
johnlocke

johnlocke

Reaction score
The anti-racist agenda is the completely wrong-headed racist approach known as Critical Race Theory, the regressive left's pet project that is destroying education in this country.

So if you oppose this you should go to jail like a child molester.

Got it.

Jailing the opposition sounds swell.

WTF?

OP
johnlocke

johnlocke

Reaction score

BostonTim

IIWII
Reaction score

Amazing
The funny thing is they actually closed the school down shortly after my youngest brother graduated. It’s since reopened but the classes are much smaller. So there’s still hope.

~Dee~
Did he do it all by himself? :coffee:

Cheers

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
May be an image of 3 people, beard and people standing

February 22 ·
LaVonte Dell was recently pulled over, writing on his Facebook page: ”Yesterday I was pulled over in Westland for my window tint. This stop was nothin like I thought it would be. He got my s—t and was walking back to the car and seen my daughter wasn’t in a car seat. So he asked me to get out and speak with him. He asked why didn’t she have one and I told him all I been thru this year like I barely making it because of these garnishments and I really don’t like asking people for (stuff). Do you know this white police officer told me to follow him to Walmart on Ford road and he purchased my daughter a car seat with his own money. If you would have seen us in Walmart u would have thought we were best friends. It was like night and day. U got me hella tats walkin side by side with a white officer Westland at that. I’ve been calling all day trying to get his name because I was so in shock. I didn’t even look at his name tag. Never judge a book by it’s cover it’s most def is some good guys left. I told him I never met a officer like u. He said I’m just doing my job what good would giving u a ticket do besides putting u further in the hole making it harder on you to come up." Westward Police Department posted shortly thereafter. "The Westland Police Department would like to express how proud we are of the officer responsible, Officer Joshua Scaglione. We would also like to thank the driver, LaVonte Dell for coming forward and sharing this experience with us. In a world filled with negative stories, the fact that you shared yours has had an unbelievably positive impact on all of us. Thank you.”
Credit: Westland Police Department.

Westland, MI

AkPatsFan

Reaction score

February 22 ·
LaVonte Dell was recently pulled over, writing on his Facebook page: ”Yesterday I was pulled over in Westland for my window tint. This stop was nothin like I thought it would be. He got my s—t and was walking back to the car and seen my daughter wasn’t in a car seat. So he asked me to get out and speak with him. He asked why didn’t she have one and I told him all I been thru this year like I barely making it because of these garnishments and I really don’t like asking people for (stuff). Do you know this white police officer told me to follow him to Walmart on Ford road and he purchased my daughter a car seat with his own money. If you would have seen us in Walmart u would have thought we were best friends. It was like night and day. U got me hella tats walkin side by side with a white officer Westland at that. I’ve been calling all day trying to get his name because I was so in shock. I didn’t even look at his name tag. Never judge a book by it’s cover it’s most def is some good guys left. I told him I never met a officer like u. He said I’m just doing my job what good would giving u a ticket do besides putting u further in the hole making it harder on you to come up." Westward Police Department posted shortly thereafter. "The Westland Police Department would like to express how proud we are of the officer responsible, Officer Joshua Scaglione. We would also like to thank the driver, LaVonte Dell for coming forward and sharing this experience with us. In a world filled with negative stories, the fact that you shared yours has had an unbelievably positive impact on all of us. Thank you.”

Westland, MI
Common sense is still alive in some places. Nice to read a story like this for a change.

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
I still want to ask how the tats and the illegal tint got paid for, but the child seat didn't. Could be timing I guess, but that is no infant.

Whatever. The LEO solved the problem for him.

tehmackdaddy

post tenebras lux
Reaction score

February 22 ·

Westland, MI
This made my heart feel warm.