Random College Football Related Thread

Kenneth Walker was outstanding. I think we will be seeing him play on Sundays.

I think so too. He is electric.

I was a guest at the game of a friend of mine that is a HS football coach. MSU makes tickets for all home games available to HS coaches at no cost. We were in the corner lower bowl 13th row and surrounded by coaches, some fans of each team. Awesome policy and one that Michigan does not allow (surprise, right?).

Walker is shifty, strong and fast. Hard to find all three of those. How the heck WF let him transfer is a mystery, but it is worth noting that had he stayed there he would still be undefeated this season.

MSU still has a really tough road in front of them as they have OSU, PSU, Purdue and Maryland. 2-2 would not surprise me. 3-1 would make me really happy (and it would be a GREAT BOWL invite) and 4-0 would mean National playoffs and "clean up in aloyouis'" pants....

Last edited:
I don’t get people’s random love for Michigan. Yeah, I get it, Brady played there.
But beyond that?
They haven’t won squat in what, 3 decades?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
As a Domer, I'd say it's because I just respect the institution. I hate them, but respect them. I mean, they're pretty consistently nationally ranked in all 4 major sports, have a top tier undergrad, med school, law school, and business school. Not easy to pull off. :shrug-n:

:)

Attachments

• 251847465_10158764386414580_7378483375491634871_n.jpg
    251847465_10158764386414580_7378483375491634871_n.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 7
Absolutely. He looks very smooth in his running. Kinda reminds me of Sayers .

Walker looked great and then I saw Syracuse's Freshman RB Sean Tucker destroy BC and he looks like a pro now. He's got crazy acceleration. Add Sr. DT Bear Williams and Freshman CB Garrett Williams to that list.

Great news from our side of the Atlantic, Notre Dame v Navy will be held in Dublin in November 2023. They last played here in 2012 and an astonishing 50,000 Americans travelled over here for the game.

ec3eb0d35adee3a387561e4aad1088c8.jpg

NOTRE-DAME-NAVY-800x321.jpg

#3 Michigan State undefeated Michigan State no longer undefeated. Unranked Purdue took them down.

Love to see them win out (“the” Ohio state, northwestern and iu). Would love to go to the game on the 27th. Iu at Purdue for the old oaken bucket.

Michigan is leading Ohio State, 28-13

Michigan State beats PSU!

NYD top bowl here we come!

Last edited:
There are several Michigan players on the Patriots roster, so they must be very happy tonight.
Can't think of any OSU players but there must be 1 or 2.
Mac will have bragging rights with Jared on the QB room. Although it looked like Jared would have that right until the very end. Auburn played their asses off today.

There are several Michigan players on the Patriots roster, so they must be very happy tonight.
Can't think of any OSU players but there must be 1 or 2.
Mac will have bragging rights with Jared on the QB room. Although it looked like Jared would have that right until the very end. Auburn played their asses off today.

Yes they did. Auburn had no business being in the game with a 2nd string qB unable to walk but they had it won until the Bama player dragged Auburn's RB out of bounds to stop the clock which would likely have won it in regulation for Auburn. Bama got exposed in this game. They aren't what they've been the last 4 years.
GA should demolish them in the SEC Championship game.

Buckeyes better be ready next week. They beat the Huskers but were very sloppy.

Sorry about yesterday, OSU. It was surprising to me but college rivalries are unpredictable.

Yes they did. Auburn had no business being in the game with a 2nd string qB unable to walk but they had it won until the Bama player dragged Auburn's RB out of bounds to stop the clock which would likely have won it in regulation for Auburn. Bama got exposed in this game. They aren't what they've been the last 4 years.
GA should demolish them in the SEC Championship game.
Georgia has a knack for choking in big games however, so we'll see.

Edit: If Georgia blows this one, Kirby Smart needs to be sent packing.

Last edited:
Assume:
  • Georgia beats Alabama by, say, 24.
  • Michigan drops the game to Iowa by a FG.
  • Cinci gets beat by a Houston team loaded for bear.
  • All other favorites win next weekend.

Georgia is the #1, but what does the rest of the CFP rankings look like? Does Alabama stay in with a "good loss" by that much? What if they lose it by a FG instead of taking a beating? Does Okie State somehow sneak in?

Back