Random Football News, 2021

Not sure they'd be favored over the Chefs, but I generally agree.

I feel like this year's Chiefs would get smacked in the mouth harder than other years. Well, unless Mahomes is finally over whatever was messing with him.

Pats offense can absolutely punish the Chiefs D, though.

I feel like this year's Chiefs would get smacked in the mouth harder than other years. Well, unless Mahomes is finally over whatever was messing with him.

Pats offense can absolutely punish the Chiefs D, though.
I agree, I think they can punish their offense as well, regardless of the outcome. I think the Pats can win the game, I just don't think the odds would reflect my belief.

I agree, I think they can punish their offense as well, regardless of the outcome. I think the Pats can win the game, I just don't think the odds would reflect my belief.

Yeah, odds-wise I would agree. People will flock towards the Chiefs if they show any semblance of being "back".

I can't believe these over/unders for week 1. Bet the under!!!
Pats and Dolphins scoring 45.5 pts is hard to fathom with Tua and Cam at QB going against 2 good defenses.

E5tWWRZWQAYaj2u

I can't help but look at your comment here chevss from July, back when we all though Cam would probably start the season and we'd maybe see Mac as the season wore on.

So glad that things have turned out the way they have.

I can't help but look at your comment here chevss from July, back when we all though Cam would probably start the season and we'd maybe see Mac as the season wore on.

So glad that things have turned out the way they have.

BB is always at least a few steps ahead. Releasing Cam was shocking, but it makes perfect sense considering how Mac is coming along. I guess BB knew this from the get-go.

This tells me how much the game has changed in the last 15-20 years.

View: https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1462981499813347330

Also, the idea that Mike Evans is probably the most consistently productive, yet most unimpressive WR of the past decade. For years and years I could not understand why people think he's good and still don't.

He's basically a guy that produces off the rule changes because of his size. But, I'd rather have Edelman all day long and twice on Sundays than ever thinking about wanting Mike Evans on my team.

Wildly overpaid and overrated. He needs to thank Brady and Goodell for his SB ring last year. The least underserving SB winning team in my lifetime during a pandemic. Blech. So unimpressive.

I wonder when the McCaskeys will sell? How many more decades can the Fords in Detroit or McCaskeys in Chicago pretend to know what they're doing and then basically waste thousands of people's lives as fans of those teams?

I saw Trubisky play live a couple of times his freshman year and he was very good. But, he was a freshman.

Nagy may be in over his head but so is Pace. Pace is horrible. He dealt 2 1st rders for Mack, spent 21 mil per for him, while trading up for Trubisky, tossing more picks, only to not have money (it all went to the D) or personnel to help support the very prospect he traded up for.

They should have kept the Mack picks (2 1st rders) and the picks to trade up for Trubisky, picked a QB, signed a good veteran, made the rookie QB sit, get your O Line locked down, and then go from there.

Just horrible teambuilding approaches, all trying to do it all too fast. The football gods watch this crap. Oh, yes they do.

Last edited:
I wonder when the McCaskeys will sell? How many more decades can the Fords in Detroit or McCaskeys in Chicago pretend to know what they're doing and then basically waste thousands of people's lives as fans of those teams?

I saw Trubisky play live a couple of times his freshman year and he was very good. But, he was a freshman.

Nagy may be over his head but so is Pace. Pace is horrible. He dealt 2 1st rders for Mack, spent 21 mil per for him, while trading up for Trubisky, tossing more picks, only to not have money (it all went to the D) or personnel to help support the very prospect he traded up for.

They should have kept the Mack picks (2 1st rders) and the picks to trade up for Trubisky, picked a QB, signed a good veteran, made the rookie QB sit, get your O Line locked down, and then go from there.

Just horrible teambuilding approaches, all trying to do it all too fast. The football gods watch this crap. Oh, yes they do.

Family dynasties are terrible, The idea that someone can just take over a significant enterprise because of an accident of birth is positively medieval. The McCaskey's, the Fords, the Rooneys, the Browns, all riding on the coattails of their fathers, grandfathers, uncles etc. It's ridiculous.

Sports should be run by groups like FSG, people who know what the fuck they're doing and not just going to hand it down to their snot-nosed kids when they retire/die.

And Kraft will do it as well, pass it all on to Jonathan.

Family dynasties are terrible, The idea that someone can just take over a significant enterprise because of an accident of birth is positively medieval. The McCaskey's, the Fords, the Rooneys, the Browns, all riding on the coattails of their fathers, grandfathers, uncles etc. It's ridiculous.

Sports should be run by groups like FSG, people who know what the fuck they're doing and not just going to hand it down to their snot-nosed kids when they retire/die.

I think the only difference with Kraft, I hope, is that he'll stay out of the way like Bob has, knowing the person he has in there for GM and Coach, will believe in the principles of how these dynasties were built, or don't bother applying for the job. I believe Jonathan gets that part of it. The key building block concepts work and have been proven to work through 2 dynasties and into what we're seeing now at the start of a new era. That stuff should never change because it's probably 80% of what makes this thing go, beyond a franchise QB (10%) and then the balance of the roster and buy-in (another 10%).

No one will ever be BB, but trying to achieve the teambuilding concepts and generally staying within the blueprint that has been laid out here, will be in play.

The Steelers still do the "we're tough central PA" philosophy that worked great in the pre cap era, but they haven't really brought in new things to adjust to the times. That's why Tomlin is overrated there. The tough guy chin antics and arms folded on the sidelines with the black RayBans only go so far, and it certainly wouldn't work here.

But, the Bungles with Mike Brown who is simply cheap along with the Fords and McCaskeys, are pathetic. They just don't get how to do it. They're either too cheap or intervene and then blow the whole thing, after not spending enough to hire the right people.

And it depends on the competence and abilities of those who inherent the franchise. Some are capable and well-suited for the job and some aren't. While I can't say for sure, I'd suspect Jonathan Kraft will be quite capable. We'll see.

And it depends on the competence and abilities of those who inherent the franchise. Some are capable and well-suited for the job and some aren't. While I can't say for sure, I'd suspect Jonathan Kraft will be quite capable. We'll see.
Jonathon worried me early on as he kept putting his foot in his mouth. Not so much the last 10 years so there is hope, I agree.

Apparently da bears are firing Nagy after Thursday’s game.

Last edited:
Back