Random Football News, 2021

The Colts spent a 2021 3rd rounder and a 2022 1st rounder for Wentz since Reich wanted him and now...?

View: https://twitter.com/TheRedzoneorg/status/1480885762891599878

Wentz is to be paid over $28M for 2022 and he carries a $15M dead cap hit.
The Colts should draft a QB in the 2nd if one is there for them and let them compete.

that whole thing had me laughing my ass off. There was always this mystique around Carson Wentz that he was some great QB based on an early career stretch, just had a hard time staying healthy. 'Carson Wentz' is just a different way to spell 'Jared Goff'...or, for you other old farts out here- 'Rob Johnson' and 'Scott Mitchell'

In the real world people lose their job for doing egregious shit. I would put more blame on Chris Ballard than I would Reich. Ballard made that dumb trade & had no competition for Wentz. No team wanted him & Ballard cost his team at least two years with that ridiculous trade. I said it once & say it again. Ballard should have listened to his gut when he wanted to put together a trade package to move up for Fields. He listened to his coach that begged for his friend instead. Someone should be held accountable. But I have my own problems with the Browns, so whatever.

It's always on the GM. Or should be. Miami is a different story. They canned the HC and not the lousy GM

that whole thing had me laughing my ass off. There was always this mystique around Carson Wentz that he was some great QB based on an early career stretch, just had a hard time staying healthy. 'Carson Wentz' is just a different way to spell 'Jared Goff'...or, for you other old farts out here- 'Rob Johnson' and 'Scott Mitchell'
Hey now, I'm not that old!

The Colts spent a 2021 3rd rounder and a 2022 1st rounder for Wentz since Reich wanted him and now...?

View: https://twitter.com/TheRedzoneorg/status/1480885762891599878

Wentz is to be paid over $28M for 2022 and he carries a $15M dead cap hit.
The Colts should draft a QB in the 2nd if one is there for them and let them compete.

I don't see how Wentz is not the Colts starter in 2022 whether they like it or not. He's untradable and as of right now, the Colts pick at 47, 82, 119, 157 and 178 in the draft. Not likely that the 47th pick in the draft can QB a team into the playoffs in his rookie campaign.

They may have to bite the bullet this offseason and consider trading someone like a Jonathan Taylor or Kenny Moore. Moore's level of play indicates that he may have a big pay day coming up so I could easily see them potentially fetching a #1 pick for him at his current salary. And they already have a lot of money tied up in Darius Butler and Ryan Kelly, so they'd probably lose Moore to FA, regardless. Not an envious position to be in by any means. (Not that they'll get much sympathy from me)

I don't see how Wentz is not the Colts starter in 2022 whether they like it or not. He's untradable and as of right now, the Colts pick at 47, 82, 119, 157 and 178 in the draft. Not likely that the 47th pick in the draft can QB a team into the playoffs in his rookie campaign.

They may have to bite the bullet this offseason and consider trading someone like a Jonathan Taylor or Kenny Moore. Moore's level of play indicates that he may have a big pay day coming up so I could easily see them potentially fetching a #1 pick for him at his current salary. And they already have a lot of money tied up in Darius Butler and Ryan Kelly, so they'd probably lose Moore to FA, regardless. Not an envious position to be in by any means. (Not that they'll get much sympathy from me)
Not to mention that this qb draft is incredibly weak. I don’t think there is any chance they trade Taylor but then again, Ballard, at the moment looks like he isn’t a very good GM.

I think you mean Darius Leonard not Butter.

Mitchell Trubisky might thrive under Reich's mentoring. More than likely he will be starting for some NFL team during the '22 season.

Not to mention that this qb draft is incredibly weak. I don’t think there is any chance they trade Taylor but then again, Ballard, at the moment looks like he isn’t a very good GM.

I think you mean Darius Leonard not Butter.
100%, thanks

The brain drain continues

I hate this I have to say. It's another way the league balances itself I suppose but it's just constant every year. Bill brings in talented assistants etc and they invariably get poached, very quickly too. And then when Assistant Coaches leave for HC positions of GM positions, they tend to try and raid the Patriots as well for assistants. This definitely affects the Patriots more than any other team and it never gets acknowledged.

Back