Random Football News, 2021

tell me a player is d-o-n-e with your team without telling me he is d-o-n-e with your team.
Except what do they do? It will be hard to cut him, he'd be $15 million of dead money. They do have an out after next year, maybe they'll wait until then.

Stats do not tell an entire picture. If you watched both play, there was no way in hell you would put the two of them in the same breath.

Really?

Tannehill performed despite Joe Philbin, Dan Campbell and Adam Gase and still had QB stats similar to Andrew Luck's who had Arians and Pagano.
Scoff at his stats all you want but Tannehill performed well, especially for his circumstances.

Click the links to compare 6 yrs of Luck at Indy and 6 yrs of Tannehill at Miami. You'll see either Luck wasn't all that good or Tannehill was better in Miami than he's credited for.

Really?

Tannehill performed despite Joe Philbin, Dan Campbell and Adam Gase and still had QB stats similar to Andrew Luck's who had Arians and Pagano.
Scoff at his stats all you want but Tannehill performed well, especially for his circumstances.

Click the links to compare 6 yrs of Luck at Indy and 6 yrs of Tannehill at Miami. You'll see either Luck wasn't all that good or Tannehill was better in Miami than he's credited for.

Yeah, no. Again, stats do not tell the whole story. If however, you must, I think the mere fact that Luck was elected to 4 Pro Bowls and Tannehill 0 from '12 to '18 should tell you what you need to know.

Yeah, no. Again, stats do not tell the whole story. If however, you must, I think the mere fact that Luck was elected to 4 Pro Bowls and Tannehill 0 from '12 to '18 should tell you what you need to know.

Pro Bowls? Really?
Pro Bowls are a popularity contest. You're putting your eggs in that basket?
Player stats are a tried and true measure of a player's ability. Statistics can lie but a player's performance as measured by performance stats don't lie.
Performance stats are cold hard facts and they are real. That's why everyone, including experts, uses player stats to compare players.
Stats of both players speak for themselves. They are similar.
If you want to argue with Football Outsiders, The Football Database, Pro Football Reference, the NFL and myriad other performance stat gatherers, knock yourself out.

Pro Bowls? Really?
Pro Bowls are a popularity contest. You're putting your eggs in that basket?
Player stats are a tried and true measure of a player's ability. Statistics can lie but a player's performance as measured by performance stats don't lie.
Performance stats are cold hard facts and they are real. That's why everyone, including experts, uses player stats to compare players.
Stats of both players speak for themselves. They are similar.
If you want to argue with Football Outsiders, The Football Database, Pro Football Reference, the NFL and myriad other performance stat gatherers, knock yourself out.
I'll give you that the Pro Bowl is really just a popularity contest.

Player stats can be deceiving. I maintain, there is no comparison between the two.

Fan sentiment.
FJEp_3hWYAMMDIG

Apparently UK fans aren't familiar with Aaron Rodgers' conference championship record. 1-4 and in the lone win he was completely useless.

I'll give you that the Pro Bowl is really just a popularity contest.

Player stats can be deceiving. I maintain, there is no comparison between the two.

View: https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/1482025473651535876

Well, what do you know, Tannehill comes in 4th in their Passer Rating but you said he wasn't any good! He's better than your boy!
Allen's rating is 87
Mac's rating is 83. Pretty damn good for a rookie. Same score Allen had his 2nd year.
Big Ben's rating is 70. Context matters.

I guess you think it's ok to use stats when it suits your purpose.

If the Dolphins FO/Owner are back on the Tua train then Daboll should be their target for their next HC.
It was Daboll who coached Tua to become a good QB at Bama and the 2 got along quite well there.

Both Daboll and Frazier interview with the Dolphins, virtually, tomorrow.

Daboll is a people person with good interpersonal skills, unlike Flores. He'd make a pretty good HC.
Frazier would make a good Asst. HC and DC.
I can see them trying to hire both actually.

Back