Random Football News 2022

BB called offensive plays in Cle at least 1 yr. think Pioli said so recently in nflta.
If this is going to be how it goes than why did he hire Judge and not a more seasoned OC? It is best if Bill is focused on the defense IMO.

If this is going to be how it goes than why did he hire Judge and not a more seasoned OC? It is best if Bill is focused on the defense IMO.
bb would rather stay in house with coaches. none with enough familiarity with the offense they want to run was available is my guess.

The thing I can't "unsee" with Murray is when someone said that when he scrambles he looks like a toddler running from someone :)
those little legs get pumping!

Everyone of these guys is going to want the "1 dollar more then the last guy got" type of deal. (I know the guaranteed money isn't the same, they probably argued about that but that slightly more average per year thing and made it happen)

I think Cardinals are making a mistake as well, but we'll find out.

Cardinals decide to go with the "better the devil you know" route, just shows that even average to slightly above average players at the QB position can rake it in.

Murray says he wants to win rings, with that albatross of a contract the Cards aren't winning anything any time soon.

And because attention whore (former and present) qbs can't have other attention whores around without piping in...🤣

Didn't see this posted yet.....

I know there was a lot of talk about he Pats being interested in him. hope he makes it ok

Didn't see this posted yet.....

I know there was a lot of talk about he Pats being interested in him. hope he makes it ok

Fortunately for Metchie, APL Leukemia is amenable to treatment and early remission.

The Athletic came out with their "QB Tiers". he's a clip from the Rich Eisen show that I think covers it well.
I also can't quibble with it. where they have Mac is fair and I think Mac will move up a tier this time next year

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2K3eJVG3LM

Oh boy, Mac gonna surprise some folks this year.

18. Mac Jones

Jones makes his QB Tiers debut with a 3.06 average, the 10th-best debut among 49 newcomers since 2015. Herbert (2.14), Prescott (2.52), Mayfield (2.53), Garoppolo (2.58), Burrow (2.58), Watson (2.60), Murray (2.68), Wentz (2.92) and Cousins (2.93) made higher debuts. Mahomes was lower simply because he had started only one game, so voters placed him in Tier 4 provisionally for lack of evidence.

“Mac is going to make good decisions — he sees it,” a defensive coordinator said. “But I don’t think he can carry the game by himself. To me, he is going to be like a Kirk Cousins type where if their team around him is good then I think they will make the playoffs and maybe do some damage.”

Voters respected the way Jones succeeded in a high-pressure environment at Alabama, then went to another high-pressure situation in New England and reached the playoffs as a rookie. A head coach who faced Jones said the quarterback impressed him in live action, showing enough to suggest he might ascend into Tier 2. Others noted that Jones possessed no special traits.

“I think if Mac Jones wasn’t in New England and with that hype machine, maybe he would be viewed a little differently,” a coach from an AFC East rival said. “If Mac Jones was in Jacksonville last year, how would he have been? How would people feel about him?”

No one is comparing New England to Jacksonville, but voters did express consternation over the Patriots’ handling of their offensive staff following Josh McDaniels’ departure to the Raiders.

“I think Mac Jones is doing all the right things, but is New England helping him?” an offensive coach said. “We have been told his quarterback coach is Joe Judge, and I can’t name the last time he’s developed any quarterbacks. The head coach is more involved, but there are 57 other moving parts on any given day that Bill Belichick must attend to. Unless Bill gets 48 hours in a 24-hour day, then he is not getting enough time to develop a quarterback.”

Who is ranking these teams for Madden? Weren't the Bengals just in the SB? They're ranked 11th?
The Ravens at 5!? The Cowboys, lol. And how the Chiefs have fallen!

FYgkPpbX0AEo3TV

Back