Random Football News 2022

HSanders

I back Mac
Reaction score
Yahoo Sports

Former Patriots lineman says he purposely got into car crash to avoid Bill Belichick's ire for being late​

If you ever find yourself running late for work, don't take advice from former New England Patriots lineman Rich Ohrnberger. Instead of facing Bill Belichick's wrath, Ohrnberger decided to purposely get into a car crash when he was running late to practice.

Ohrnberger relayed the story on his radio show Thursday. It all started when Ohrnberger's phone died in the middle of the night. His alarm never went off, leading him to wake up late. Ohrnberger rushed to his car, but realized on his drive he was going to be 10 minutes late for a team meeting.

Fearing he would be cut for tardiness, Ohrnberger purposely crashed into another car so he could present Belichick with a valid excuse for being late.

Ohrnberger said he didn't hit the car — which was a church van — hard. But he needed to hit it hard enough to cause a dent in his own car so he could provide the Patriots with evidence of the crash. Ohrnberger said he gave his insurance information and some money to the driver of the van before leaving for practice.

Ohrnberger said he spoke to Belichick's assistant and waited in the offensive linemen's meeting room until the full team meeting concluded. The first person Ohrnberger saw was offensive line coach Dante Scarnecchia, who seemed to know exactly what was going on. Scarnecchia reportedly told Ohrnberger his stunt may fly elsewhere, but to be on time from now on.

Ohrnberger did not specify when the incident took place. He was drafted by the Patriots in the fourth round of the 2009 NFL draft and spent three seasons with the team. He was placed on IR by the team in 2011 and did not play in a game. The Patriots cut Ohrnberger in 2012.

following his release, Ohrnberger went on to play three more seasons in the NFL, one with the Arizona Cardinals and two with the San Diego Chargers.
i like how Dante knew what was going on...😄

OP
OP
chevss454

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
That didn't take long. Bears still gave up too much in the trade. 2 deep dish pizza would have been acceptable

That dark cloud followed Harry to the Bears den

Justin Fields top six receivers:
Darnell Mooney
Byron Pringle (Out “for a bit”)
Velus Jones (Out with an injury)
Equanimeous St. Brown
N’Keal Harry (Serious ankle/foot injury)
Dante Pettis (Missed two practices with injury)

OP
OP
chevss454

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
Some people think the Bills have the best roster in football but when I look at their roster I see a below average OL. This will be the worst OL Josh Allen has had in Buffalo.

Mazz22

Always and forever the GOAT TB12
Reaction score
Some people think the Bills have the best roster in football but when I look at their roster I see a below average OL. This will be the worst OL Josh Allen has had in Buffalo.
Best roster in AFC IMO. Could be best roster in football but Rams and Bucs are right there too.

RoadGrader

Pervertas Emeritus
Reaction score

Best roster in AFC IMO. Could be best roster in football but Rams and Bucs are right there too.

And I will agree to disagree. They have talent, yes, but I'm not crowning them anything like this
The Bills have a young dynamic QB that's tall and has strong legs and tall strong legs but way, much more importantly, they have a youngish dynamic Head Coach that has a look of so way fahkin' piercing determination at all times on the sidelines

they so much way bettah than an ol' balls and slip-sliddin'-his-way-out-the-door BB lead team of whoseewhachamacallits
according to some.....not many, mind you.... 🙃

I'll let the season pan out a lily-bit before I will admit the Bills will pancake the league like a cheap Wal-Mart picnic table flopped on by some off-the-top-of-a-2 ton-pickup-truck cab tail-gatein dipshid NY upstate dipshid :D

Muse

Paleface
Reaction score
The Bills have a young dynamic QB that's tall and has strong legs and tall strong legs but way, much more importantly, they have a youngish dynamic Head Coach that has a look of so way fahkin' piercing determination at all times on the sidelines

they so much way bettah than an ol' balls and slip-sliddin'-his-way-out-the-door BB lead team of whoseewhachamacallits

I'll let the season pan out a lily-bit before I will admit the Bills will pancake the league like a cheap Wal-Mart picnic table flopped on by some off-the-top-of-a-2 ton-pickup-truck cab tail-gatein dipshid NY upstate dipshid :D
Exactly.

rivshark86

Reaction score
The Bills get a lot of home games at the end of the season that aren’t conducive to passing. I’m surprised I never hear anyone bring this up, but they are almost built for a dome. At least for warm weather. Allen is good at throwing in the wind, but the weather in Buffalo kind of negates a lot of their advantages towards the end of the year.

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score

But why wait and see when you can use this time to quiet the voices in your head by knobbing the Bills (which is just a way to shit on the Pats)?

I mean, don't you even hate the Patriots anymore?

:coffee:

Mazz22

Always and forever the GOAT TB12
Reaction score
And I will agree to disagree. They have talent, yes, but I'm not crowning them anything like this
Whose crowning them? The season is long and anything can happen. They have a very good roster heading into the season. Not sure why people here have a tough time admitting that.