Random Football News 2022

if you pay murray, you're paying mayfield.
View attachment 10434

AZ has a problem with Murray. He's squawking & wants a ton of money but AZ doesn't know if he is their answer yet. Kingsbury either for that matter.
The smart thing for AZ to do is to either draft a QB or bring in a veteran to give Murray some real competition (along with a healthy weapon or 2) and see how he responds.
He'll either stand up or he'll wither and AZ will have their answer by his play on the field. Drafting JimmyG lit a fire under Brady!

Looks like Giants won't be picking up the 5th Year Option of Daniel Jones. Is he a bust?

View: https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1519734297883783169?t=5Z8lfchu0HTP4ebwLzSm6Q&s=19

they were talking about this on Mad Dog sports.... the opinion they had was the Giants learned from the mistake the Brown's made with Baker in picking up baker's option and now having that money be an issue.
Giants will give Jones this year, and if he surprises and is a keeper afterall, they can negotiate a contract (with the slight risk he does well and bolts to another team). if he's still a bust they are free and clear of him money/cap wise.

they were talking about this on Mad Dog sports.... the opinion they had was the Giants learned from the mistake the Brown's made with Baker in picking up baker's option and now having that money be an issue.
Giants will give Jones this year, and if he surprises and is a keeper afterall, they can negotiate a contract (with the slight risk he does well and bolts to another team). if he's still a bust they are free and clear of him money/cap wise.
i think its smart, make him earn it. I think he is a better QB then what the giants have given him over that last few years TBH.

Not Jones's fault he was picked so high.
Meh, deciding to cut ties with a player after four years is more about his level of play, not this draft position 4 years prior; I doubt the Giants are saying, "If only we'd have picked him #28, then we'd have given him a new contract, but because he was the #6 pick, we're dumping him.

If Jones has a good year, he'll command much more on the open market than he would from the Giants.

Spoiler: He won't have a good year because he's bad.

Meh, deciding to cut ties with a player after four years is more about his level of play, not this draft position 4 years prior; I doubt the Giants are saying, "If only we'd have picked him #28, then we'd have given him a new contract, but because he was the #6 pick, we're dumping him.
It's your prerogative to call him a bust. To me Ryan Leaf was a bust (because of off field issues) virtually lesser production than in college.
At Duke, Jones was a one read then run type of QB. Don't think those are the best traits for the next level. He wasn't prepared like a QB that remains calm in the pocket. Looks like Jones played in the NFL like he did in college.
What do you call Harry, Joejuan,,.busts or bad draft picks? Or maybe we don't want to talk about that.

It's your prerogative to call him a bust. To me Ryan Leaf was a bust (because of off field issues) virtually lesser production than in college.
At Duke, Jones was a one read then run type of QB. Don't think those are the best traits for the next level. He wasn't prepared like a QB that remains calm in the pocket. Looks like Jones played in the NFL like he did in college.
What do you call Harry, Joejuan,,.busts or bad draft picks? Or maybe we don't want to talk about that.
Harry is absolutely a bust. Joejuan wasn't a 1st round pick. He wasn't a good draft pick though.

If Jones has a good year, he'll command much more on the open market than he would from the Giants.

Spoiler: He won't have a good year because he's bad.
I think the Giants are doing the right thing here. if D. Jones has a really good year I'm sure the Giants will be as surprised as we are.
actually... wouldn't it be great if he does have a really good year, and then says "screw you" to Giants and walks? that'll be like something you'd expect to happen to the jets :coffee:

I think the Giants are doing the right thing here. if D. Jones has a really good year I'm sure the Giants will be as surprised as we are.
actually... wouldn't it be great if he does have a really good year, and then says "screw you" to Giants and walks? that'll be like something you'd expect to happen to the jets :coffee:
Can't they franchise/transition him?

If you trade up to pick a QB in the top 10, and don't end up picking up the 5th year option, he's a bust, there's no gray area. (See: Trubisky, Mitch(ell))

If you trade up to pick a QB in the top 10, and don't end up picking up the 5th year option, he's a bust, there's no gray area. (See: Trubisky, Mitch(ell))
GM is a bust

Back