Random Football News: 2023

I know this is a longer term different kind of thread so I get that.

Absolutely not being difficult or jerky here.

Just honestly curious.

Are digressions, twist and turns, going on epic off topic tangents not something looked for here anymore?

Just remember some of the best, fun and valuable threads went every which way but loose.
Close to if not two pages of digression is a bit and I know I added to it. We have a random thread plus WTF( nuns paddling out the leftness of a child could be in either) and some could have been in those threads perhaps. At some point we need to get back on topic especially a football thread. I know some people will disagree regardless.

Last edited:
Close to if not two pages of digression is a bit and I know I added to it. We have a random thread plus WTF( nuns paddling out the leftness of a child could be in either) and some could have been in those threads perhaps. At some point we need to get back on topic especially a football thread. I know some people will disagree regardless.

I don't disagree. As I said I know this is different type of thread.

Just for once, was trying to see the lines so I could color within them.

You know me, what line?

Oh those?

State your terms and justify em.

Or scribble city for a reason. :)

Was just trying to get some bearings.

Thank you.

My two older sisters were left handed and the nuns and teachers( one sister had nuns the other a teacher) and they paddled it out of them. When it came my turn mom after hearing I had been paddled for this went to school and told them in no terms was this going to happen to me. I remained left hand. I never asked mom why she didn't do that for them.
My Mom was a lefty too and told the stories about getting her hand whacked in school. I'm partially ambidextrous I guess, if that is a real thing. I do most things righty but some lefty. For instance, shoot firearms lefty, shoot pool lefty and the weirdest one is I putt lefty in golf. But right handed shot.

Yeah, Gronk is surprisingly bad on TV. You would assume the opposite, that’s he’d be tailor made for it. But he’s actually really awkward and doesn’t seem to know how to approach it. He’s created this frat boy, party animal image and he seems trapped by it, feeling compelled to act it out the whole time. He does that awkward smirk thing then when trying to be serious.

I feel sorry for him in a way because I don’t think he’ll ever be able to fix that.

Last edited:
Yeah, Gronk is surprisingly bad on TV. You would assume the opposite, that’s he’d be tailor made for it. But he’s actually really awkward and doesn’t seem to know how to approach it. He’s created this frat boy, party animal image and he sees trapped by it, feeling compelled to act it out the whole time. He does that awkward smirk thing then when trying to be serious.

I feel sorry for him in a way because I don’t think he’ll ever be able to fix that.
Honestly, I think this is who he is and who he's always been, not some persona. It's almost painful to watch him sometimes.

You heard Muse, now knock it off or you will get the back of her (left) hand :coffee:

Honestly, I think this is who he is and who he's always been, not some persona. It's almost painful to watch him sometimes.
I know what you mean, but I feel it's a self-perpetuating image he's now trapped with. His personality is the fun loving goofball, but it defined him and he feels I think, that he has to accentuate it even further now.

I know what you mean, but I feel it's a self-perpetuating image he's now trapped with. His personality is the fun loving goofball, but it defined him and he feels I think, that he has to accentuate it even further now.
This. He isn’t confident enough to be himself. The person his mom knows. He hides behind the goofball which as his career gets further in the rear view mirror is more and more awkward.

Hmmm...maybe Volin is finally on to something here

View: https://twitter.com/BenVolin/status/1619679821445103622

Burrow and Hurts will be making big money soon enough, so Cincy and Philly need to take advantage of the situation now. I doubt many/any QB's will do what TB did and take lower money for sake of the team. TB (used to) have a super model wife with big $ so he could afford to do that more then others. lets see what TB does if he plays next year contract wise. will probably see him in a slew of more ad's as he grabs it while he can.

wouldn't surprise me if Hurts and/or Burrow want a new deal for next season (TBH... not sure where there contracts stand today as far as years left on rookie deal)

Hmmm...maybe Volin is finally on to something here

View: https://twitter.com/BenVolin/status/1619679821445103622

Hmm.

I'm not seeing the compelling case but as always I'm open to seeing differently.

Part of this appears, to me, to have something to do with the Collective Bargaining Agreements, draft position allocation of contractual payments and such.

Maybe NCAA influence. Don't know, don't pay that much attention to the college game. I do remember things in years past about things that did not look OK with the NCAA.

I don't see the QB position as easily replaced or upgradable as RB.

But I'm always open to possibilities.

May have something to do with NFL rules which effect things from team building to strategy also that may create a necessity for a great QB.

Maybe.

:shrug-n2:

Hmm.

I'm not seeing the compelling case but as always I'm open to seeing differently.

Part of this appears, to me, to have something to do with the Collective Bargaining Agreements, draft position allocation of contractual payments and such.

Maybe NCAA influence. Don't know, don't pay that much attention to the college game. I do remember things in years past about things that did not look OK with the NCAA.

I don't see the QB position as easily replaced or upgradable as RB.

But I'm always open to possibilities.

May have something to do with NFL rules which effect things from team building to strategy also that may create a necessity for a great QB.

Maybe.

:shrug-n2:
It's not. It's more of a statement on how much the top-end QB salaries can hamstring your salary cap.

Top-end QB salaries =/= Top-end QBs, as well. Russell Wilson, Deshaun Watson, Kyler Murray, are all top-5 in QB salary.

It's not. It's more of a statement on how much the top-end QB salaries can hamstring your salary cap.

Top-end QB salaries =/= Top-end QBs, as well. Russell Wilson, Deshaun Watson, Kyler Murray, are all top-5 in QB salary.
Right, but while he's right about Purdy, he's wrong about the cap impact, because Jimmy G and Trey Lance have to be considered in that case. True to a lesser extent with Hurts.

Back