Random Football News: 2023

I think Cowherd speaks a lot of truth here on Tampa and Brady. They are making a public plea for him to stay.

But by god is this not getting boring? I wish he would retire because the media think they must report on him and he dominates the shows. Every 2nd segment on Ski and Shannon is about Tom, Cowherd, Roche, all of them give way too much airtime to him.

View: https://twitter.com/CornellNFL/status/1616263436480155648

Without question Tampa is begging him. (his cap hit is $35M)

other people do.

I took a quick scan. There is no major nfl news or social media covering this. Nobody cares about McIdiot trying to spin the Colts story.

Here’s an example below, the most prominent reaction is on Pat McAfee’s show. You can see all the top comments (from both Colts and Raiders fans) are the Colts think they dodged a bullet by Josh McDaniels not coming, or Raiders fans wishing he did take the Colts job instead of wreck their team right now.
The whole thing is just odd. A rumor like this could only be possibly leaked by McIdiot or his family, there’s no other way. The timing is also bizarre when he’s in the midst of destroying the Raiders. People have moved on from the Colts story, McIdiot is clueless if he thinks that’s the source of why so many franchises hate him. He was a loser offensive coordinator in 2011 on a Rams offense that was worst in the league at scoring only 12 points per game. He went 6-17 in Denver to get fired after wrecking that roster. And now he’s blown so many leads in LV he’s broken records for choke jobs. He lost to a new first-time head coach who joined his team 3 days before a game (Jeff Saturday) and lost to a new QB who joined his team 2 days before a game (Baker Mayfield, Rams). He took a Raiders team that went to the playoffs before he joined and nose-dived them to a 6-11 season. The spin control isn’t working, because you can’t put lipstick on a pig. He’s been terrible multiple times, every single time, without TB12.

View: https://youtu.be/jA7PdvYmQc0

I also took a look at the 1 source behind this weird rumor, Dan Kavich. This guy seems unhinged, not a solid source.

Dan Dakich suspended for failure to adhere to journalistic principles

Dan Dakich under fire for tirade calling Scottsburg a town full of "meth and AIDS and needles”, which set off a string of emails and calls from residents

Last edited:
I took a quick scan. There is no major nfl news or social media covering this. Nobody cares about McIdiot trying to spin the Colts story.
Stop trying to speak for other people. The story is relevant here and there are others that want to read and know about the information.

So you don't care. Fine. Ignore it and move on. But we don't need to know you don't care and don't think anyone else should.

Move on to something else.

The story is relevant here and there are others that want to read and know about the information.

I hear ya. Let's definitely talk about it. All over reddit people are laughing at how Dan Dakich is the local town idiot and has zero credibility as a media 'source'. Can't put lipstick on a pig. This is clearly spin, a PR stunt. But it can't override the massive fan sentiment towards McIdiot. Just a smattering below, took 5 seconds.... a LOT more all over the place.

Raiders fans want Josh McDaniels fired over Derek Carr decision

Why Josh McDaniels has already been a failure and the Las Vegas Raiders are stuck with him

Josh McDaniels Has to Be Fired After Losing to Jeff Saturday and Baker Mayfield

Josh McDaniels is scapegoating Derek Carr with Raiders.
"The Las Vegas Raiders are clearly gearing up to trade Derek Carr, but head coach Josh McDaniels should really be the one leaving town."

Former Broncos HC Josh McDaniels is up to his old shenanigans again in LV

Josh McDaniels Fired by The Denver Broncos: Five Reasons They Had to Let Him Go
www.bleacherreport.com/articles/536593-josh-mcdaniels-fired-by-the-denver-broncos-five-reasons-they-had-to-let-him-go

The 2011 Rams scored the fewest points per game in the league, 12.1

I hear ya. Let's definitely talk about it. Can't put lipstick on a pig. This is clearly a PR stunt. But it can't override the massive fan sentiment towards McIdiot. Just a smattering below, took 5 seconds.... a LOT more all over the place.

Why Josh McDaniels has already been a failure and the Las Vegas Raiders are stuck with him

"The Las Vegas Raiders are clearly gearing up to trade Derek Carr, but head coach Josh McDaniels should really be the one leaving town."

www.bleacherreport.com/articles/536593-josh-mcdaniels-fired-by-the-denver-broncos-five-reasons-they-had-to-let-him-go

That's not massive fan sentiment. That a select number of articles picked by you to try and prove a point you want to make, you can very quickly google a load of negative articles about Bill Belichick and post them here and claim there is "massive" fan sentiment against him.

I hear ya. Let's definitely talk about it. All over reddit people are laughing at how Dan Dakich is the local town idiot and has zero credibility as a media 'source'. Can't put lipstick on a pig. This is clearly spin, a PR stunt. But it can't override the massive fan sentiment towards McIdiot. Just a smattering below, took 5 seconds.... a LOT more all over the place.

iu

That's not massive fan sentiment. That a select number of articles picked by you

OK, you can go on thinking whatever you want. I don't need to convince you, you're welcome to believe otherwise. But it's pretty clear from newspapers and social media how Raiders fans, Broncos fans, Colts fans, Rams fans all feel about Josh McDaniels. You may not like it, and that's fine. Pretty clear pattern across 4 different franchises. You can choose to believe a clown fired/unemployed Indy journalist about an Irsay toilet story instead.

OK, you can go on thinking whatever you want. I don't need to convince you, you're welcome to believe otherwise. But it's pretty clear from newspapers and social media how Raiders fans, Broncos fans, Colts fans, Rams fans all feel about Josh McDaniels. You may not like it, and that's fine. Pretty clear pattern across 4 different franchises. You can choose to believe a clown fired/unemployed Indy journalist about an Irsay toilet story instead.
I'm not saying I like it or don't like it. I personally don't care as Josh is not here anymore and likely never will be again. The point is, Tweets, online posts etc are no accurate indication of overall fan sentiment, no more than they indicate the political temperature of an entire population.

I'm not saying I like it or don't like it. I personally don't care as Josh is not here anymore and likely never will be again. The point is, Tweets, online posts etc are no accurate indication of overall fan sentiment, no more than they indicate the political temperature of an entire population.

Agree. It won't make sense to try to prove to you, but my sense is that Josh McDaniels is despised across the Raider, Broncos, Colts, and Rams franchises, and a little Irsay toilet distraction tweet will not change this perception.

You guys are sleepwalking into a major issue down the line.

Roger only knows how to follow the $$$$$.

You are 100% correct. This already a major issue in US sports. One that is alienating some fans such as myself that want no part of this kind of gambling. People will (and already have) lose homes, and families over this crap.

You are 100% correct. This already a major issue in US sports. One that is alienating some fans such as myself that want no part of this kind of gambling. People will (and already have) lose homes, and families over this crap.
I’ve seen it over here. Gambling has been legal forever and the betting companies are massive and ubiquitous at stadiums etc. and it does ruin lives. Like smoking, Gambling companies now have to issue warnings and some set limits on the amount you can bet and credit cards cannot be used to place bets on some betting websites, only debit cards. Nothing good comes out of this, except of course for the gambling companies.

It seems Roger has gone all out on this and it may end up being his worst legacy.

I don't gamble myself as I see nothing positive coming out of it for me, and shake my head and how this has spread so quickly into "public acceptance".
I advised my sons not to get into it. according to them, when they are watching games with friends, most of them have their phones out and are on their gambling app of choice, making all sorts of those quick bets. holy crap. it's one thing to bet the outcome of the game and then just watch what happens, but providing constant options for folks to go overboard on.... yikes.

note - not criticizing anyone who chooses too, that's their choice, same with smoking, which I don't do but if someone wants to, knock yourself out.

I think Cowherd speaks a lot of truth here on Tampa and Brady. They are making a public plea for him to stay.

But by god is this not getting boring? I wish he would retire because the media think they must report on him and he dominates the shows. Every 2nd segment on Skip and Shannon is about Tom, Cowherd, Roche, all of them give way too much airtime to him.

View: https://twitter.com/CornellNFL/status/1616263436480155648

He’s going to be 46 next season. He is going to be the story all off-season until he signs somewhere and then the media will pummel that to death about whether he will succeed or not succeed. It’s just the way it goes with veteran Hall of Fame Qbs but more so for Brady because he is the goat.

Rodgers is getting plenty of air time too on whether he will stay in Green Bay and collect his 50 million or move on. I assume he will play the game of I don’t really wanna be here but I kind of do want to be here and then he will just show up in July and collect his 50 million while he mails in the season. rinse and repeat.

Back