Random Football News: 2023

Rich but disgruntled & the Chargers say he's available. $13M/ avg.

View: https://twitter.com/HurwitzSports/status/1621596253820682240

Yeah, I'm not paying him what they paid him. I'd flip one of the thirds to SD if they eat some of the salary.

Edit: Mainly because of how poorly he was able to recover from that injury. I think he thrives in this system, and he'd be a great mentor for Jack Jones play-wise, but I'm really concerned about his health going forward.

This Pro Bowl stuff is a farce. Is anyone watching it? The flag football is keystone cops stuff, the players don't know what they're doing :rofl:
Just sat down.
Tickets must be free cuz the stadium looks relatively full

What I'd love to say post-NFL season in the US is what the Australians do with Rugby league, and that's State of Origin. It's a series where the best Rugby League players from the states of Queensland and New South Wales play a series after their season is over and it's truly epic, it's bigger than the club game. In other words, the players play for the state where they're from/grew up.

Imagine seeing a game where you had Florida v Texas? or Pennsylvania v California. The NFL would never allow it, of course, but the NFL is strange in that they only play 17 games (for most teams. In other sports, like fellow high attritional Rugby, they play for the clubs AND their countries.

It would be epic to see something like State of Origin in American Football.

What I'd love to say post-NFL season in the US is what the Australians do with Rugby league, and that's State of Origin. It's a series where the best Rugby League players from the states of Queensland and New South Wales play a series after their season is over and it's truly epic, it's bigger than the club game. In other words, the players play for the state where they're from/grew up.

Imagine seeing a game where you had Florida v Texas? or Pennsylvania v California. The NFL would never allow it, of course, but the NFL is strange in that they only play 17 games (for most teams. In other sports, like fellow high attritional Rugby, they play for the clubs AND their countries.

Looking into State of Origin now.

that's cool!

Good riddance to Nick Caley, who goes to the Rams laterally. He did nothing as TE coach. Both Hunter+Jonnu have been expensive busts and Asiasi and Keene were draft busts, and 2020 had the worst TE production in the league. Guys like Albert Breer and Phil Perry lost some credibility trying to shill for that John Carroll hack the last couple months.

Last edited:
Good riddance to Nick Caley, who goes to the Rams laterally. He did nothing as TE coach. Both Hunter+Jonnu have been expensive busts and Asiasi and Keene were draft busts, and 2020 had the worst TE production in the league. Guys like Breer and Perry lost some credibility trying to shill for that John Carroll hack the last couple months.

Tight ends he has "developed"
Devin Asiasi
Dalton Keene
Ryan Izzo
Matt LaCosse

Rising young star my ass.

Back