Random Football News: 2023

Last edited:

Huge news, great for Cincy. Burrow is about to have a MVP year. The fake experts were wrong about Orlando, Orlando Brown was a 4time pro bowler, Superbowl Champ at LT, this was a phenomenal move for Cincy. Still young in age too. Now they just have to replenish their depleted safety position and fix their defense

$64M/4 years for Orlando Brown is a steal

$16M/per is a great contract for Cincy

Orlando Brown is a top3 LT in the league.

Joe Burrow finally has a steel wall to protect his blind side. He’s going to go nuts this season. 5000 yard 45TD season in play now

Last edited:
These clown analysts below were dead wrong about Orlando Brown, dissing his slow combine 40-time and how he can’t bench press. This is another reason why RAS and combine measurables don’t mean squat. All this guy does is play elite offensive tackle (like his HOF dad) and keep making pro bowls as the best player at his position every single year.

View: https://twitter.com/ZEUS__57/status/1636203298758832129?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1636203298758832129%7Ctwgr%5Ea34772030ad044fcfca0e6f7c5d57a2cc4eaeb49%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftheathletic.com%2F4314893%2F2023%2F03%2F15%2Forlando-brown-bengals%2F

$64M/4 years for Orlando Brown is a steal

$16M/per is a great contract for Cincy

Orlando Brown is a top3 LT in the league.

Joe Burrow finally has a steel wall to protect his blind side. He’s going to go nuts this season. 5000 yard 45TD season in play now

It is a good move by Cincy but you should check your facts before saying he's a top 3 tackle.

PFF has him as the 19th ranked tackle in the league. At 20 is Jermaine Eluemunor.
Andy Reid let him go for a reason. He had his worst season last year.
He allowed 47 total pressure, 36 hurries, 7 hits and 4 sacks in '22. 96.5 efficiency.
Trent Brown gave up 39 total pressures, 23 hurries, 8 hits and 8 sacks in '22. 96.0 efficiency.

It is a good move by Cincy but you should check your facts before saying he's a top 3 tackle.

PFF has him as the 19th ranked tackle in the league. At 20 is Jermaine Eluemunor.
He allowed 47 total pressure, 36 hurries, 7 hits and 4 sacks in '22. 96.5 efficiency.
Trent Brown gave up 39 total pressures, 23 hurries, 8 hits and 8 sacks in '22. 96.0 efficiency.

But that would destroy the narrative!

Respectfully, I think sometimes you don’t view information in correct context. One example is you saying JuJu was a TD machine compared to Jakobi, when in actuality Jakobi had scored 8 TDs in the last 2 years while JuJu had only scored 3 TDs.

In this case Orlando Brown gave up only 11 pressures all playoffs with zero sacks. From Holloween till end of year he put up a 89 pass blocking grade which was 3rd best among all tackles. Won a championship ring. Against an elite-sacking Philly DLine and Front7 that was historically great compared to the last 30 years of defenses.
So yeah, Orlando Brown is a lot better than misinformed people give him credit for.

I know I ready a quote by Brown yesterday from some morning show, saying it would be harder to play LT, that more help was needed from RBs and TEs....I couldn't help but thinking that I wouldn't want to hear that from my highly paid LT... I wish I could find it.

Respectfully, I think sometimes you don’t view information in correct context. One example is you saying JuJu was a TD machine compared to Jakobi, when in actuality Jakobi had scored 8 TDs in the last 2 years while JuJu had only scored 3 TDs.

In this case Orlando Brown gave up only 11 pressures all playoffs with zero sacks. From Holloween till end of year he put up a 89 pass blocking grade which was 3rd best among all tackles. Won a championship ring. Against an elite-sacking Philly DLine and Front7 that was historically great compared to the last 30 years of defenses.
So yeah, Orlando Brown is a lot better than misinformed people give him credit for.

So are you sticking to your guns that he was a top 3 tackle last year by cherry picking his playoff performance despite proof that, for the entire year, he wasn't even close to
Trent Williams 91.7
Christian Darrisaw 90.4
Andrew Thomas 90.3
and the 16 other tackles who played better than him? 75.4

Hint: There's a reason Andy Reid let him leave.

Btw, in '21 Juju had a faded Big Ben as his QB and he played in only 5 games due to injury. In '22 Juju was new on a team with Travis Kelce as Mahomes' favorite target and also Mecole Hardman, Marquez V-S, Kadarius Toney, and Jerrick McKinnon. Nevertheless, even though he was new to the team, Juju had the 2nd most receptions, the 2nd most yards, the 2nd most 1st downs and the 2nd most yds/game.
78 rec., 933 yds, 47 1st downs. Not bad at all. Kelce came in 1st in all those categories. Not surprising.
Kelce was by far Mahomes' #1 target in the RZ (19 TDs) and RB Jerrick Mckinnon was his 2nd favorite (9 TDs).

As you said, context is important.

Without cherry picking years, am I right or am I wrong that Juju has far more TDs than Meyers? Because that's all I said and yet you continue to jump on the last 2 years.

Last edited:
So are you sticking to your guns that he was a top 3 tackle last year by cherry picking his playoff performance despite proof that, for the entire year, he wasn't even close to
Trent Williams 91.7
Christian Darrisaw 90.4
Andrew Thomas 90.3
and the 16 other tackles who played better than him? 75.4

Hint: There's a reason Andy Reid let him leave.

Btw, in '21 Juju had a faded Big Ben as his QB and in '22 Juju was new on a team with Travis Kelce as Mahomes' favorite target and also Mecole Hardman, Marquez V-S, Kadarius Toney, and Jerrick McKinnon. Nevertheless, even though he was new to the team, Juju had the 2nd most receptions, the 2nd most yards, the 2nd most 1st downs and the 2nd most yds/game.
78 rec., 933 yds, 47 1st downs. Not bad at all. Kelce came in 1st in all those categories. Not surprising.
Kelce was by far Mahomes' #1 target in the RZ (19 TDs) and RB Jerrick Mckinnon was his 2nd favorite (9 TDs).
As you said, context is important.

Yes.
In 2022 Mahomes threw 41 touchdown passes and a meager 3 went to JuJu. JuJu isn’t a better TD threat than Jakobi who was in the worst red zone offense in the league and he still doubled JuJu’s TDs.

JuJu broke some plays where he was wide open after Mahomes scrambled around. That’s not very reassuring.

About Orlando Brown, I do think recent performance matters. He was an absolutely elite left tackle the last months of the season and stellar throughout the entire playoffs. The market for him (and also Jakobi) turned out very different than what you had reposted from website estimates. No need to now diss Brown or Jakobi just because the prior guesses of their FA value were so flat out wrong.

Yes.
In 2022 Mahomes threw 41 touchdown passes and a meager 3 went to JuJu. JuJu isn’t a better TD threat than Jakobi who was in the worst red zone offense in the league and he still doubled JuJu’s TDs.

JuJu broke some plays where he was wide open after Mahomes scrambled around. That’s not very reassuring.

About Orlando Brown, I do think recent performance matters. He was an absolutely elite left tackle the last months of the season and stellar throughout the entire playoffs. The market for him (and also Jakobi) turned out very different than what you had reposted from website estimates. No need to now diss Brown or Jakobi just because the prior guesses of their FA value were so flat out wrong.

Ok. I'm done.

Yes.

Why are you here? Did you lose a bet? Is there something in the world that was done wrong by the Planet that were sent to make us atone for?

You have zero self awareness. You get schooled on 99% of what you post. Did Kraft run over your hamster?

Ok. I'm done.

As you should be.

The asinine assertions based on, hell can't even call it cherry picked, just a mental conjuring of well, whatever the heck one conjours.

No point in being rational with anyone who willfully rejects objective reality, especially from a motivation of an agenda.

Just let them fight it out with themselves and overthink it round and round for days coming to no conclusion, how could there be when the agenda blinds any further input.

Dolphins signed Berrios. Because they don't have any smaller, shifty WRs on that team already. Good news for us, of course, since we have exactly the right CBs to handle them.

Back