Random Football News - 2024

decent qb...stratospheric $$$. i hope some team figures out a way around this paradigm.

$53M/yr for Goff is the market in the NFL today and it's only going to get worse as the bidding goes higher and higher. They couldn't just let Goff walk after the seasons he gave them but, yes, it's become a problem for the league if you think the cap won't continue to explode. We once thought Mahome's contract was over the moon!

I mean, he was like 11th or 12th in AAV last year, and he was a top-12 QB at worst, and by the time this deal ends, I imagine he'll be back in that area once again. In other words, I don't feel like he's been overpaid very much.

You're right, imo. Compare his contract to Lamar's, Burrow's or Watson's who can't stay healthy, or Cousin's or Stafford's or Hurts's or Herbert's...you get the picture.
The cap will continue to go up and these deals won't look so big in time. These guys are all paid way too much to play a game but that's how the NFL set it up with
the newest deal with the players' association - the lead dog gets the money.

Goff's $53M/ contract is closest to Burrow's $55M, Herbert's $52.5M, Lamar's $52M and Jalen Hurts's $51M.
Playoff records is another way to look at it:
Goff - 4-4
Burrow - 5-2
Herbert - 0-1
Lamar - 2-4
Hurts - 2-3

Harrison Butker has probably become the most hated kicker among women since Janikowski.

Women are not a monolithic group and do not think the same, although some people would like us to think so.
Some women will hate what he said and be very loud about it. Some women will agree with what he said and just go about their lives.

Women are not a monolithic group and do not think the same, although some people would like us to think so.
Some women will hate what he said and be very loud about it. Some women will agree with what he said and just go about their lives.

I think every American should care on the same level what Taylor Swift, Travis Kelce, and Harrison Butker think and say. Not a single f*ck to be given.

Harrison Butker has probably become the most hated kicker among women since Janikowski.

"if you don't get a shot i hope you die!you are killing people and you shouldn't be allowed to go in the hospital" is somehow good and righteous and "hey ladies being a wife and mother is something you should consider" pisses people off.
#bizarro world

i'm guessing the women who will hate it the most are the loudest shriekers about "choices"...😄

Saw today that the two Christmas games will be on Netflix, am I the only one getting really fucking tired of this shit? NBC, CBS, ESPN, NFL Ticket, YouTube TV, Amazon Prime, Peacock and now Netflix will all be needed just to watch the games. Friggin ridiculous.

Saw today that the two Christmas games will be on Netflix, am I the only one getting really fucking tired of this shit? NBC, CBS, ESPN, NFL Ticket, YouTube TV, Amazon Prime, Peacock and now Netflix will all be needed just to watch the games. Friggin ridiculous.
I mean I think I have most of those besides the Sunday ticket. Anymore I don't really give a fuck if I see the Patriots play or not. If they're on, so be it. If not, I will find something else to do and listen to everyone bitch about the game later.

He was talking to a private Catholic school graduation. I didn't have any issues with his speech. How dare he say Family is more important . :coffee: .

Last edited:
Back