Random Football News

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter
Outbreak now official: Three more Titans’ players tested positive today in Tennessee, per source.

Titans now have 15 positive for Covid-19 since Sept. 24, this includes eight players and seven team personnel. Vrabel must be pissed at whomever started this mess.

Still of the opinion that for a highly conditioned athlete , covid is just like a flu. When was the last time games were canceled because of a flu?
Still pissed someone on the Titans didn't follow protocol. It's not like they don't get paid enough to fucking follow the rules.

I wanted to watch the game this week.

200k people died of covid in the US since march...Last year 33k died of the flu....covid is spread way more rapidly...thats why. Does that mean Cam didnt follow protocol?

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter
Outbreak now official: Three more Titans’ players tested positive today in Tennessee, per source.

Titans now have 15 positive for Covid-19 since Sept. 24, this includes eight players and seven team personnel. Vrabel must be pissed at whomever started this mess.

Yeah flu doesnt do that, and thats why it was stupid to have a NFL season this year, this is not going to get better.

200k people died of covid in the US since march...Last year 33k died of the flu....covid is spread way more rapidly...thats why. Does that mean Cam didnt follow protocol?

200K isn’t remotely close to how many people have died of COVID. It’s far, far, far fewer.
People who die of cancer who happen to have COVID are counted in that number.
People dying in car accidents and parachuting accidents who are found to have COVID count, too.
COVID causes far fewer deaths than the media would have you believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

200K isn’t remotely close to how many people have died of COVID. It’s far, far, far fewer.
People who die of cancer who happen to have COVID are counted in that number.
People dying in car accidents and parachuting accidents who are found to have COVID count, too.
COVID causes far fewer deaths than the media would have you believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Precisely. Thank you.

This isn't the thread for it either. But I've seen some medical reports that suggest it's the other way around. That many of the covid deaths are reported as pneumonia. So the actual death from covid is much higher than 200k.

But please, can we return to random football news here?

Sent from my US Robotics Courier Dual Standard using Tapatalk

This isn't the thread for it either. But I've seen some medical reports that suggest it's the other way around. That many of the covid deaths are reported as pneumonia. So the actual death from covid is much higher than 200k.

Sorry. Didn't realize what thread this was. A thousand humble apologies. :)

I wish the best for Cam and all infected.
So much conflicting information.

I guess I look at it from my point of view.
I rarely get sick. So...

(watch me croak tomorrow)

Could you source that for me?

In a pm of course, so as not to soil a thread.

NO Fullback Michael Burton tested positive to COVID yesterday. Results given last night after the Saints arrived in Detroit.
The Saints are scheduled to play the Lions in Detroit at 1PM today.
How the NFL handles this will be interesting. Currently, the Saints are awaiting testing for the players who were in direct contact with Burton as well as re-testing of Burton.
If Burton comes back confirmed, the NFL should postpone the game immediately.

NO Fullback Michael Burton tested positive to COVID yesterday. Results given last night after the Saints arrived in Detroit.
The Saints are scheduled to play the Lions in Detroit at 1PM today.
How the NFL handles this will be interesting. Currently, the Saints are awaiting testing for the players who were in direct contact with Burton as well as re-testing of Burton.
If Burton comes back confirmed, the NFL should postpone the game immediately.

His confirmation test came back "Negative" so...
NEVERMIND

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
12m
So two more positive tests in Tennessee this am brings it to 18 positive tests in the past week. Next week’s Titans-Bills game now in jeopardy.

So when 2 assholes fight, is that a net positive? ROFL

https://nypost.com/2020/10/01/golden-tate-jalen-ramsey-family-feud-may-turn-giants-showdown-nasty/

Messy Golden Tate-Jalen Ramsey family feud could turn showdown nasty
By Ryan DunleavyOctober 1, 2020 | 9:34pm

This bad blood includes shared DNA.

The stage is set Sunday for potentially the most combustible matchup of the NFL season, when Giants showboating receiver Golden Tate faces infamous trash-talking Rams cornerback Jalen Ramsey for the first time since a family feud boiled over into public space.

Ramsey is the father of two of Tate’s young nieces, but he reportedly ended a long-term relationship with Tate’s sister during her pregnancy last summer to date a Las Vegas dancer. Breanna Tate — a former track-and-field standout at the University of Mississippi — gave birth in September 2019, shortly before Ramsey was traded from the Jaguars to the Rams.

Ramsey’s social media photo with his new girlfriend in October 2019 brought the spat to social media. A fan replied, suggesting the Giants star should “have words” with Ramsey and Tate said, “He know he gonna have to see me.”

Tate later told The Post, “I’m not happy at all with the disrespect that he’s shown towards my sister, and the things he’s done in the past, but I don’t really want to go too much into it.”

Golden Tate and Jalen Ramsey
Golden Tate and Jalen RamseyN.Y. Post: Charles Wenzelberg; Getty Images
The last word at the time went to Ramsey, who Tweeted, “We live in a society where ignorant people feel that they are owed an explanation of what goes on in our day-to-day lives … and why we make the decisions we make … we don’t have to answer to anyone but the man above. S—t is beyond overrated.”

https://nypost.com/2020/10/05/jalen-ramsey-wasnt-done-with-golden-tate-after-on-field-brawl/

Jalen Ramsey wasn’t done with Golden Tate after on-field brawl
By Justin TaschOctober 5, 2020

| 8:23am | Updated

Jalen Ramsey apparently wasn’t done with Golden Tate after their on-field brawl.

After the Rams cornerback and Giants receiver had to be pulled apart following the Giants’ loss to the Rams in Los Angeles on Sunday, Ramsey was waiting for Tate outside the Giants’ locker room, looking to continue to their confrontation, according to ESPN.

The fight was the culmination of years of bad blood between the two. Ramsey, 25, ended a long-term relationship with Tate’s sister Breanna last summer while she was pregnant. Ramsey, the father to two of Tate’s nieces, then posted a photo with his new girlfriend on Instagram last October. Tate, 32, has not spoken about the situation since last year, when he told The Post, “I’m not happy at all with the disrespect that he’s shown towards my sister, and the things he’s done in the past.”

Ramsey was traded last season by the Jaguars to the Rams, who later gave him a five-year, $105 million contract. Last year was Tate’s first season on a four-year, $37.5 million contract with the Giants, who did not play the Jaguars or Rams last season. So there was plenty of time for the animosity to fester, and it finally boiled over on Sunday.

Back