Random Football News

The Antonio Brown situation is a strange one. I think it’s a mistake. The Bucs don’t need him, Brady is playing lights out football at the moment and is even guiding Gronk back into form. He’s building the connections with the offense and looks better each week. Why risk it? Brown is a cancer and I agree with Peter King in his column today that the risks are too big. The Bucs will also face a backlash from a lot of people on this, women and men after the allegations about Brown.

Brady was not happy in the post game press conference with the questions about Brown. It was a frosty back and forth with reporters. Arians has gone out of his way to say this is his call but Tom being Tom, he’s clearly stepped up to say he’ll look after Brown and keep him straight.

It’s a big ask. Tom and the Bucs don’t need him they say they’re playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I said the same, and I said that about Seattle as well when Wilson was out gunning for him. I think with the injuries tampa had this year at receiver its mostly for depth reasons. Evans has not been right all year, they lost their TE. Miller just came back, etc. He is cheap and if he acts up, you can cut him with no issue.

Hearing that OBJ is done with an ACL tear. Bet the Browns have hind sight with this.

Who the hell cares what pundits have to say about anything on any subject?

This was something that has been going on for 4.5 years, its the cliff argument that went so far the team was holding signs in the superbowl parade. So as far as who cares, I guess...everyone involved?

Life w/o Tommy, I went thru it last year. Hope you guys make it to 8-8?
Sorry haven't watched your games. but no tds in 2 games?
Is Ernie still an employee? :coffee:

The Pats are terrible this year. Worse than your team was last year. It happens to every team...
You know, but hoodie. He's supposedly the master. Been so forever it seems... I mean with help from Ernie (my belief). Look I am not trying to dish the Pats, as they have been kings for so long, much to my consternation. Maybe hoodie will turn it around still. Although, I am liking so much he's got issues. Maybe it truly was Tommy. I know I have gained respect for him over the years. That mother fucker with those G_D boots he was pushing, Name escapes me at 1:24 in the morning. :)

You know, but hoodie. He's supposedly the master. Been so forever it seems... I mean with help from Ernie (my belief). Look I am not trying to dish the Pats, as they have been kings for so long, much to my consternation. Maybe hoodie will turn it around still. Although, I am liking so much he's got issues. Maybe it truly was Tommy. I know I have gained respect for him over the years. That mother fucker with those G_D boots he was pushing, Name escapes me at 1:24 in the morning. :)
Belichick has 8 rings...he didn't win them by accident.

Belichick wanted to have JimmyG as his next qb. This is well known. Babooshka and Brady shipped him off. The only people that will disagree are Brady worshippers (secret Tampa Bay Bucs fans).

Belichick the GM has done a bad to terrible job trying to "reload" his roster. Especially the WR and TE positions.

And, Belichick never nose-dived. This is his rare "off year". It isn't over yet, but, it doesn't look promising. Stuff happens...

What people also tend to forget is that Brady wasn’t the only one to leave/not play this year.

The opt outs and free agent departures have had much more of an impact than Brady’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What people also tend to forget is that Brady wasn’t the only one to leave/not play this year.

The opt outs and free agent departures have had much more of an impact than Brady’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yeah. I still think about those 8 opt-outs, 6 of whom were starters. Hightower was the heart of our front 7. Bentley replaced him. That hurt our D a lot.

Someone people don't mention is WR Marquise Lee. Lee was the 39th pick of the '14 draft by the Jags. He beat out Allen Robinson for a starting position. He had over 2500 total yds in 5 yrs for a poor Jaguars team. But an ACL tear cost him the 2018 and part of the 2019 season.
He might have helped.
After all, Edelman has only 7 receptions in the last 3 games.

Yeah. I still think about those 8 opt-outs, 6 of whom were starters. Hightower was the heart of our front 7. Bentley replaced him. That hurt our D a lot.

Someone people don't mention is WR Marquise Lee. Lee was the 39th pick of the '14 draft by the Jags. He beat out Allen Robinson for a starting position. He had over 2500 total yds in 5 yrs for a poor Jaguars team. But an ACL tear cost him the 2018 and part of the 2019 season.
He might have helped.
Yeah, why have JE11 in for so many snaps. Have they played Gunnah at all on offense?

Belichick has 8 rings...he didn't win them by accident.

Belichick wanted to have JimmyG as his next qb. This is well known. Babooshka and Brady shipped him off. The only people that will disagree are Brady worshippers (secret Tampa Bay Bucs fans).

Belichick the GM has done a bad to terrible job trying to "reload" his roster. Especially the WR and TE positions.

And, Belichick never nose-dived. This is his rare "off year". It isn't over yet, but, it doesn't look promising. Stuff happens...
JG is no world beater. He relies a lot on a really good run game and is not a Qb that is going to really take things over. I am not sure he would be the answer unless we were able to stack a team like the niners had. He seems very inconsistent, and struggles with injuries, I am not sure he would have been the solution. AS far as who shipped him out. I will go ahead and take those two superbowl trips after he was gone, because it might be awhile before another.

This whole Brady vs Belichick thing is stupid. Belichick is a coach, Brady is a player. The first week of the season, it was, oh now we see what Brady is without Belichick, and alas the story now is the opposite, wow it was brady all along. Its just stupid. Its media hype click bait crap. Its not a contest, its not anything that has to do with one another. It was a all time best coach with a great Qb that was here for a lot of years, thats it, its who was the this and that and what happens this year or the next 10 years.

He might have helped.
Some of edelman is our offense changed when the QB changed, but also, I think he has been playing hurt for awhile, and we might be seeing his last days. I feel bad to see him like this as he has been one of the guys that I will always
remember here for what he has done for the team and how he put his body on the line and never tried to break the bank. Its tough to see him like this.

Some of edelman is our offense changed when the QB changed, but also, I think he has been playing hurt for awhile, and we might be seeing his last days. I feel bad to see him like this as he has been one of the guys that I will always
remember here for what he has done for the team and how he put his body on the line and never tried to break the bank. Its tough to see him like this.
Edelman looks completely checked out. I don't blame him. The ball hardly ever comes his way and when it does, it is a pick. Might be time to give Gunner a shot.

Edelman looks completely checked out. I don't blame him. The ball hardly ever comes his way and when it does, it is a pick. Might be time to give Gunner a shot.
Edelman is a guy that catches a lot of passes and well, we are not passing much. I think Cam had like 9 completions in the last game and that will frustrate you. Balls thrown way behind you when you are open is not going to work out well. I have seen that guy play through injury and everything else, but you can only do so much at this point.

Edelman needs to either sit out a few games to get healthy or be the focal point of the offense. It just seems as he's so banged up he can't run good routes. That route running and shiftiness is what makes him great, and he seems to be missing both of those this year.

Back