Random Football News

Inspector_50

Reaction score
Felger is such a dumbass.
Takes a doc about 10 minutes to suck the air from the chest cavity to create negative pressure which causes the lung to reinflate. If it's only partially collapsed the small amount of air can be absorbed by the pleural membranes in short order.
Does there have to be an actual puncture for that to happen, or a scrap on the lung wall?

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
Does there have to be an actual puncture for that to happen, or a scrap on the lung wall?

The sharp edge of a broken rib can go inward to puncture a lung or outward to puncture through the skin. Both can cause a collapsed lung by letting air into the pleural cavity.
Normally the pleural space has no air in it; it's a vacuum. When air gets in the pleural space the vacuum is lost and the lung collapses.

1605817499806.png

Inspector_50

Reaction score
The sharp edge of a broken rib can go inward to puncture a lung or outward to puncture through the skin. Both can cause a collapsed lung by letting air into the pleural cavity.
Normally the pleural space has no air in it; it's a vacuum. When air gets in the pleural space the vacuum is lost and the lung collapses.

View attachment 557
Got ya. I think something similar happened with Romo a few years back. I remember Brady having a couple cracked ribs from a hit in a preseason but no lung collapse. Brees seems to have cracked ribs on both sides, which I cannot even imagine that kind of discomfort. It seems he was playing with cracked ribs and had that protected but another hit cracked the other side worse. Its kind of odd that he would get cracked ribs on two separate hits in two different games. Bad luck.

Gumpboy45

Reaction score
Star Trek Applause GIF

johnlocke

Reaction score
WTH!?

Tough bastard tried to play through that in his 40's.

Wow!!!

Adam Schefter

So all together, Saints’ QB Drew Brees suffered 11 rib fractures - eight on his left side, three on his right, per ESPN’s Ed Werder.

HSanders

omitted out of respect to Mrs.Jastremski
Reaction score
How come no one talks about the Saints being 5-0 with Bridgewater last year? Payton>Brees.

HSanders

omitted out of respect to Mrs.Jastremski
Reaction score
I could be wrong becuase i mostly pursue Pats info, but it seems to me Brees gets more love press wise than Payton. Payton has always been one of the best offensive minds in the game. If we're picking a qb he has coached as a truly great qb, give me Romo 24/7/365.

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
His system is the epitome of dink and dunk, far more than BB's but still very similar, imo. Payton is more West Coast with the Walsh influence of having a great running game
to complement the passing game. It's a great system that allowed Brees and Romo to thrive.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
WTH!?

Tough bastard tried to play through that in his 40's.

Wow!!!

Adam Schefter

So all together, Saints’ QB Drew Brees suffered 11 rib fractures - eight on his left side, three on his right, per ESPN’s Ed Werder.

I have seen some QB's play with cracked ribs...not sure about 6 or whatever he had before the hit now its 11....the pain can be managed with drugs, but you have the danger of what happened happening. the lung getting damaged
and then that will end that. I cannot even think about the discomfort level of having that many cracked ribs. A long long time ago, I had some torn rib cartilage and any time I coughed or sneezed it felt like someone was stabbing
me with an icepick.

Big/Sky/Fly

We're All In This Psyop Together...
Reaction score
His system is the epitome of dink and dunk, far more than BB's but still very similar, imo. Payton is more West Coast with the Walsh influence of having a great running game
to complement the passing game. It's a great system that allowed Brees and Romo to thrive.
Which Bridgewater does well at...

Will it work for crab legs?

Mazz22

Age 43 and STILL playing like a champ
Reaction score
Wanted to post this interview with Willie and Tom. Nice to hear Tom reflect on his time with the Pats and players like Willie, Teddy and Drew. I know many posters here have moved on from Tom given he is no longer a Pat but for the few that still follow him, figured you would enjoy.