Random Football News

never spent a day in the NFL at any level.

Can you say "Steve Spurrier"
I think Urban is much more like Jimmy Johnson than Spurrier. Spurrier didn't want to put in the work & that has been documented. I know, your saying Jack (me) is a Buckeye & is shilling for his guy. I'm not. Just telling you that Meyer is all about football & will work, work & work some more. I will be interested to see his staff.

I think Urban is much more like Jimmy Johnson than Spurrier. Spurrier didn't want to put in the work & that has been documented. I know, your saying Jack (me) is a Buckeye & is shilling for his guy. I'm not. Just telling you that Meyer is all about football & will work, work & work some more. I will be interested to see his staff.
He says he wants to rely on his staff more than he has in the past. I'm interested in his staff, too.

Urban was quoted this week saying in effect the game was the same between the lines and the differences between college and the NFL were "off the field",

IMHO he couldn't be more wrong.

A top 5 team in college football will play more than 1/2 their schedule against teams that have zero chance of winning, another 4 games against teams that they will beat if they execute and maybe one or two that are actually competitive. That ain't the way it is in the NFL.

I always rated him, that's a good choice. He was a real leader at LB with Houston and Philly and was really oversaw Cushing when he burst onto the scene with the Texans, took him under his wing.

What a pissy pants whiner...he signed a long extension, he wasn't forced into it. Enjoy Houston.

Watson has a point. Easterby gained McNair's trust during their first meeting then he destroyed their GM, the HC, traded away Hopkins, split the team and now he hired Caserio to continue the Patriots South theme. I'd whine too if Easterby came in to the Patriots and fired BB and traded Brady 6 years ago. Watson is right to question Easterby and why McNair continues to support him.

Watson has a point. Easterby gained McNair's trust during their first meeting then he destroyed their GM, the HC, traded away Hopkins, split the team and now he hired Caserio to continue the Patriots South theme. I'd whine too if Easterby came in to the Patriots and fired BB and traded Brady 6 years ago. Watson is right to question Easterby and why McNair continues to support him.
He signed the extension when Easterbunny was there. He wants out because they hired Caserio.

He signed the extension when Easterbunny was there. He wants out because they hired Caserio.
Yes, in a sense. Caserio was hired without consulting Watson which was promised by McNair. McNair lied to him. That was the final straw.

Mark Ingram was released by the Ravens. I never liked him much even though he was ok for the Saints.

Back