Random Football News

$32m cap hit this year, $19m base salary become fully guaranteed on Friday, QBs are playing longer, but he's already in his 30s, teams are possibly going to want a bit of compensation from Seattle for taking on his big contract like the Rams did when they traded Goff to the Lions.

Wilson wants a better OLine. He's been sacked 394 times in the last 9 seasons. 100 more sacks than any other QB since 2012.
He's taken a beating and wants a better OLine or to be traded.
He'll get his better OL now.

I wonder would someone like Dallas make a play for Wilson? And send Prescott Seattle's way?

Or better yet, send him our way! And let Watson go to Seattle. Sorted!

I don't think Deshaun Watson will be traded. I really don't think Russell Wilson will be traded.

Chev is correct, he is lobbying for better protection.

I mean, if Houston lets Watson go, if he gives them no choice and demands a trade no matter what, the Texans ought to just fold up and leave the league. I mean if a major franchise in Americas 4th biggest city can't hold onto their franchise QB because they're that much of a mess, forget it.

What I want to know is, if Houston doesn't budge and Watson doesn't get traded. What will happen next? Isn't it really costly to hold out now?

I mean, if Houston lets Watson go, if he gives them no choice and demands a trade no matter what, the Texans ought to just fold up and leave the league. I mean if a major franchise in Americas 4th biggest city can't hold onto their franchise QB because they're that much of a mess, forget it.
Just because he demands a trade doesn’t mean they have to trade him. I would tell him you & your agent go fetch me 3 1st round picks, two 2nd round picks & for being a fucking crybaby I also want a 3. Bring that back & we have a deal.

Just because he demands a trade doesn’t mean they have to trade him. I would tell him you & your agent go fetch me 3 1st round picks, two 2nd round picks & for being a fucking crybaby I also want a 3. Bring that back & we have a deal.

For that caliber a player I'm sure there will be several teams willing to pony up those picks and even a player.

That's what I'd do...

NFL.com ranks all starting QBs for the 2020 season. Cam comes in at 32. Yuck.

Back