Random Football News

Mazz22

Age 43 and STILL playing like a champ
Reaction score
I think Howie Roseman is way over his skies as a GM.
Honestly, watching them crash and burn has been delightful. They were insufferable after that SB win and how they were the next dynasty.

OSUBuckeye

Reaction score
Check this list out. Qb's drafted in the 1st round between 2009-2016. Not a single one with their original team or out of the league completely.

Goff,
Wentz
Lynch
Winston
Mariota
Luck
RGIII
Tannehill
Weeden
Newton
Locker
Gabbert
Ponder
Bradford
Tebow
Stafford
Sanchez
Freeman.

Big/Sky/Fly

We're All In This Psyop Together...
Reaction score
Check this list out. Qb's drafted in the 1st round between 2009-2016. Not a single one with their original team or out of the league completely.

Goff,
Wentz
Lynch
Winston
Mariota
Luck
RGIII
Tannehill
Weeden
Newton
Locker
Gabbert
Ponder
Bradford
Tebow
Stafford
Sanchez
Freeman.
Luck...would still be there if he was in caveman mode. He LUCKed out though. :coffee:

Big/Sky/Fly

We're All In This Psyop Together...
Reaction score
It is.

I don't know exactly what it means yet, but I plan to look it up.
fun·gi·ble
/ˈfənjəbəl/
Learn to pronounce

adjective
LAW
  1. (of goods contracted for without an individual specimen being specified) able to replace or be replaced by another identical item; mutually interchangeable.
    "it is by no means the world's only fungible commodity"

Inspector_50

Reaction score
Rumors that Brees might come back, although nothing verified. I wonder though, would he want to come back with the Saints? They are Cap hell, and his salary would not help that, so he would be playing with less than what he had last year possibly. Its hard for these guys that have played forever to hang them up. Right after a loss, you think, aw screw it, I'm done, then you sit around and think about your last game and it eats at them, and then you think, no I am not going out like that. A lot of time the league retires you before you want to. Some go out on top, some refuse to go out on top.

TipRoast

Recall all the dreams that you once used to know
Reaction score
A maze of twisting little passages, all different
Adjustments? We aint’ got no adjustments. We don’t need no adjustments. I don’t have to show you any stinkin’ adjustments.

Don Shula coached six times in the Super Bowl, once with the Baltimore Colts and five times with the Miami Dolphins.

Apparently Don figured that once he got the team to the Super Bowl, that was when the coaching stopped. Well, at least in terms of half-time adjustments.

In six Super Bowls, Don Shula teams were shut out in the second half four times. And in the other two games, his teams scored once in the second half. In one game it was a touchdown, in the other game it was a field goal.

Don Shula is in the Pro Football Hall Of Fame, but in my opinion, he demonstrated that he was best suited to coaching the Hall Of Fame exhibition game.

Last edited:

Alk

Taking Crazy Pills
Reaction score

Inspector_50

Reaction score
Agree! but if I'm the Saints I'm telling him thanks but no thanks (quietly on the side). Brees and Big Ben need to face reality.
I mean the main issue with Brees is, the saints are badly in cap hell. Even with the 180 mil they said, they are still 40-50 mil in the hole. So that means, restructuring, cutting, and then on top of that trying to sign brees for 25 mil a year? That would be tough, so lets say they do, and they cut a ton of players or let others go, then what is he coming back to? Not as good of a team as they had last year for sure. Last year was their window it seems. They had a great D, weapons, run game, its not going to be better next year when they get the cap fixed, so I guess not sure how it could work out.