Random Football News

Adam Schefter

10m ·

Steelers signed HC Mike Tomlin to a three-year contract extension. Tomlin is now under contract to the Steelers through the 2024 season. Tomlin is entering his 15th season with Pittsburgh and he is only the third Steelers’ HC since 1969.

Adam Schefter

10m ·

Steelers signed HC Mike Tomlin to a three-year contract extension. Tomlin is now under contract to the Steelers through the 2024 season. Tomlin is entering his 15th season with Pittsburgh and he is only the third Steelers’ HC since 1969.

Love this

Adam Schefter

10m ·

Gotta go over to a Steelers board right away. :jester:

Alex Smith retired, I was always a fan of his because he's emblematic of the kind of mid tier but careful "game managing" QBs I strongly felt more teams should be targeting when they don't have a great QB on a rookie contract or an elite QB on the roster. Always seemed like a decent dude as well. His retirement also means at this point 5 of the 10 oldest QBs in the NFL last year have retired, and Aaron Rodgers is the 4th oldest QB in the league, behind only Ben Roethlisberger, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and of course Tom Brady. There's a decent chance this time next year Aaron Rodgers will be the oldest QB in the league, and an even better chance he'll be the second oldest.

Here's another thing about eli being considered at all for the h.o.f. that bugs me (besides not qbing many playoff wins, leading the nfl in turnovers many years, etc.). when alex smith retired, he had qbed the winning team 99 times. eli despite many more starts? 117.

Here's another thing about eli being considered at all for the h.o.f. that bugs me (besides not qbing many playoff wins, leading the nfl in turnovers many years, etc.). when alex smith retired, he had qbed the winning team 99 times. eli despite many more starts? 117.

Smith had a pretty interesting career and an unusual one. He was the Niners' overall one in 2005 in the famous "Aaron Rogers is sliding" draft. His first 3 seasons in SF he threw 19 TDs and had 31 picks. That's a long way from the image he eventually earned as a careful game-manager sort of QB, but it took him quite a while to figure out that he wasn't a gun-slinger.

He played well and helped beat us in important games a few times and had my respect. The guy could dink and dunk you to death. Not many guys have that kind of start to their careers and are able to turn it around.

Alex Smith retired, I was always a fan of his because he's emblematic of the kind of mid tier but careful "game managing" QBs I strongly felt more teams should be targeting when they don't have a great QB on a rookie contract or an elite QB on the roster. Always seemed like a decent dude as well. His retirement also means at this point 5 of the 10 oldest QBs in the NFL last year have retired, and Aaron Rodgers is the 4th oldest QB in the league, behind only Ben Roethlisberger, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and of course Tom Brady. There's a decent chance this time next year Aaron Rodgers will be the oldest QB in the league, and an even better chance he'll be the second oldest.
This was a pretty hilarious story about Ryan Fitzpatrick after Alex Smith's injury. Go to about the 1 minute mark on the second video.

The Chiefs have gone after another O Lineman. big move, Orlando Brown from the Ravens for this years 1st round pick plus 3 others in 21 and 22!

The Chiefs have gone after another O Lineman. big move, Orlando Brown from the Ravens for this years 1st round pick plus 3 others in 21 and 22!

Joe Thuney and now Orlando Brown, lol.

Reid got caught napping with no depth last year and injuries ruined his super bowl win. I wonder which KC OLs get injured this year?

edit: Oh, and Kyle Long

Back