Random Football News

Yep. Tom got to dial up a good situation for himself, get away from the cold and have a say in who his teammates would be and won another ring. His example, along with
Mahomes has reset the bar for what a top QB can do in the NFL and Rodgers has probably always thought he was at least as good, if not better than Brady, so.......yes, I think having a say is a bigger part in his rift with GB than is commonly believed.

In the end, it's all about having the clout to call your own shots and not have to just be an employee. Looks like GB isn't planning on rolling over for him, either.
Brady really shook up the NFC in just one year. Not just winning the chip but in the fashion he did with input on the personnel. Beating Brees and Rodgers who only have 2 rings between them is like vinegar in the eye. Those guys have been scraping and clawing for years to get another ring and Brady comes down with Gronk and beats both of them at their place. It has sent some shock waves in that conference. I think Wilson has settled down since the SB but Rodgers seems to have his hair on fire right now with no end in sight. It has been quite the drama since the draft.

The timeline of the split between Rodgers and GB.
It begins way before last year. GB has been slowly pushing Rodgers away for a few years.
Lots to be learned in here - did you know GB hadn't drafted a skill guy in the 1st round for 15 years (yeah, worse than BB).

I am still seeing Rogers as a big time diva here, it's just that the franchise was OK with it for a long time and now it's changed.

Is it Rogers fault for being a diva, or the Packers fault for changing the rules?

Take your pick I guess.

Who was the qb that got his team into a 4th and goal situation from the 8. Had Rodgers balled out the other 3 downs maybe it is 4th and inches or a yard or 2. Then the call to go for it is much easier. Look in the mirror Aaron. 1-4 in NFC championship games. Who is the common demoninator.

What he has accomplished at his age is insane. He is the goat after all. Next season after week 2 . I think he breaks Steve Deberg record. For oldest QB to start a game.
This is accurate but made me do a double take because based on the time of year it's not as clear of a statement as it might be. Next season after week 2 as in sometime in the fall of 2022, to be clear.

Brady really shook up the NFC in just one year. Not just winning the chip but in the fashion he did with input on the personnel. Beating Brees and Rodgers who only have 2 rings between them is like vinegar in the eye. Those guys have been scraping and clawing for years to get another ring and Brady comes down with Gronk and beats both of them at their place. It has sent some shock waves in that conference. I think Wilson has settled down since the SB but Rodgers seems to have his hair on fire right now with no end in sight. It has been quite the drama since the draft.

I think you vastly overrated how other NFC QBs view Brady.
Vastly.

Rogers’ issues far predate Brady even coming to TB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The thing that kills me is this - Brady, in 2014, had Jimmy G coming in, on his age 37 season, a potential replacement drafted in the early rounds. He had a coach and GM which offered him zero roster control. He had been gone nearly a decade since his last Super Bowl win. And what does he do? He plays his best football of his career, wins 3 Super Bowls, two Super Bowl MVPs, 1 regular season MVP, orchestrates the greatest comeback in the history of the Super Bowl, and gets an extension, forcing his would be replacement out the door when the decision has to be made.

What does Rodgers do, when in that same situation? He plays great for One Year, fails to win the Super Bowl then says effectively either trade the QB you drafted for the future, or fire the GM who dared to think about the future, or I walk. The funny thing is, this behavior perfectly validates the selection. If Rodgers may not even play for the Packers this very year, Thank God they have Jordan Love, and aren't scrambling to find a solution at QB, right? The pick wasn't made with the expectation that Rodgers falls apart and he's starting that very year, it was made so they have options years down the road.

The former NFL quarterback knows that Brady, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback, doesn’t turn 44 until August.
DeBerg also knows that an NFL record is at risk – his own for being the oldest QB ever to start a game, a record he set on Oct. 25, 1998, when DeBerg’s age was 44 years and 279 days.
So if Brady is going to break DeBerg’s record, Brady will need to start at least one game beyond next year’s Super Bowl, no sooner than the start of the regular season in September 2022, when Brady will be 45.
Spot on, I was just commenting that my initial thought after reading your post was that you were talking about this August / September, because I still think of that as "next season". Which could be a personal issue and I realized what you meant after I thought about it for a minute, I just wanted to clarify in case anyone else read it that way too.

Who was the qb that got his team into a 4th and goal situation from the 8. Had Rodgers balled out the other 3 downs maybe it is 4th and inches or a yard or 2. Then the call to go for it is much easier. Look in the mirror Aaron. 1-4 in NFC championship games. Who is the common demoninator.
6894FFEC-B8E6-45E7-9204-650D3D4590D9.jpeg

Back