Random Football News

Yeah. This is the way of future. The players don't want all the off-season programs anymore. Just mini camp in June and TC in July. It is an advantage for veteran teams like the Bucs and especially Brady. It's not good for us because our coaching separates us from other teams. I think it's stuff like this that will drive Bill from the game sooner rather than later.
BB is very adaptable...he's not afraid of change.

BB is very adaptable...he's not afraid of change.
I agree but this offseason stuff may be the tipping point for him. I wouldn't blame him either. I never thought athletes who get millions would not want to be with their teams to get ready for the season. The quality of football last year was awful IMO. It took teams a long time to gel and look in sync.

I agree but this offseason stuff may be the tipping point for him. I wouldn't blame him either. I never thought athletes who get millions would not want to be with their teams to get ready for the season. The quality of football last year was awful IMO. It took teams a long time to gel and look in sync.

Why would it be?
Over 50 Patriots have shown up for voluntary workouts.
I’m sure he’s fine with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Terry Bradshaw, not the dopey red-neck hick after all?

Calls it like it is on Rodgers. No other pundit would dare say this.

“He’s a three-time MVP in the league and he’s worried about this guy they drafted last year at number one? And for him to be upset, my God, I don’t understand that. Pittsburgh drafted Mark Malone number one, Cliff Stoudt in the third or fourth round. I had them coming at me from all angles. I embraced it, because when we went to practice, I wasn’t worried about those guys. They didn’t scare me a bit. So I don’t understand why he’s so upset at Green Bay."

Bedard's power ranking 1 through 11 with last year's rec in parentheses.

11. New England Patriots (7-9)
It would be easy to look at this roster and say, “You can’t have them this high with Cam Newton as their QB.” You may have a point, but I choose to believe Bill Belichick and Josh McDaniels will figure it out at QB, and that means Mac Jones at some point. Great offensive line. Good backs. Great tight ends. We’ll see at WR. Great front seven. Good secondary. A lot to like here … when they get QB figured out.

10. Seattle Seahawks (12-4)
The core players are among the best in the league. It’s the middle and bottom of the roster that has fallen off.

9. Indianapolis Colts (11-5)
Chris Ballard
better have something up his sleeve on the offensive line because it stinks. Spend some money, man.

8. Buffalo Bills (13-3)
We’ll see if Josh Allen has really arrived, or if he’s a one-hit wonder. There is no excuse for him not to repeat last season with his OC and everyone else back.

7. Washington (7-9)
Speaking of donut holes at quarterback … this team is really good, but I think the offensive line is overrated. How much does a QB matter? We’ll see with Fitzmagic.

6. Cleveland Browns (11-5)
Some people think signing former Rams S John Johnson and CB Troy Hill were huge moves. I tend to think they’re way overrated. I know Jadeveon Clowney is way overrated. Has been since he entered the league. On paper though, talented team.

5. San Francisco 49ers (6-10)
With all their talk this offseason, doesn’t Jimmy Garoppolo have to lead them to the Super Bowl? I mean, their roster is just sooo good from what I hear.

4. Baltimore Ravens (11-5)
Need more at receiver but the line was rebuilt quickly and the secondary should be very stout.

3. Green Bay Packers (13-3)
Hard to quibble with the Packers addressing needs with CB Eric Stokes and WR Amari Rodgers in the draft … about that QB though.

2. Kansas City Chiefs (14-2)
The way the Chiefs rebuilt the offensive line this offseason was downright Belchickian … chef’s kiss.

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (11-5)
Everyone is coming back and Drew Brees is now out of the division. Mix in the easiest schedule in the league and it is very legit to talk 19-0. The only thing working against them is complacency. That’s no small thing, but I’m sure TB12 has a cure for that too.

Undefeated would be a nut punch.

Bills should be higher in that list and SF lower. Browns will be fascinating to watch again this season.

Everyone is coming back and Drew Brees is now out of the division. Mix in the easiest schedule in the league and it is very legit to talk 19-0. The only thing working against them is complacency. That’s no small thing, but I’m sure TB12 has a cure for that too.

One would think a professional, senior NFL writer like Greg Bedard would know that no team is going finish the 2021 season with a record of 19-0.

Plus, they're assuming time will just stand still for Brady. He'll be a year older and eventually, chemistry and physics will take over.
He'll be a bum in short order. :coffee:

Cheers

Last edited:
One would think a professional, senior NFL writer like Greg Bedard would know that no team is going finish the 2021 season with a record of 19-0.
It's surreal to think these are the expectations one year later after the Bucs post-season run and amazing off-season bringing everyone back. Brady truly is a culture changer and organization transformer. I think they put the 19-0 out there because they have to have something to try to hold against Brady as most are picking the Bucs to come out of the NFC rather easily given Brees is gone and Rodgers may be traded and the Bucs are as loaded as a defending champion as we have ever seen. I think they probably win 14 or 15 games just because Brady/Arians will most likely be tinkering with things early on and that could result in some losses but I expect them to make another late run like they did last year as that is Brady's MO.

I must say the NFC as a whole is looking pretty desolate. After the Bucs, I guess you have the Seahawks, Rams and Cowboys? This is assuming Rodgers is gone of course but even with Rodgers, the Bucs matched up extremely well with them and beat them both times they faced them with the first game being a thorough butt kicking. This may be the best Brady has been set up since the Colts moved to the South and prior to Big Ben. Maybe better. The best young QBs went to the AFC as well with Lawrence and Wilson and of course us with Jones.

Bedard's power ranking 1 through 11 with last year's rec in parentheses.

11. New England Patriots (7-9)
It would be easy to look at this roster and say, “You can’t have them this high with Cam Newton as their QB.” You may have a point, but I choose to believe Bill Belichick and Josh McDaniels will figure it out at QB, and that means Mac Jones at some point. Great offensive line. Good backs. Great tight ends. We’ll see at WR. Great front seven. Good secondary. A lot to like here … when they get QB figured out.

10. Seattle Seahawks (12-4)
The core players are among the best in the league. It’s the middle and bottom of the roster that has fallen off.

9. Indianapolis Colts (11-5)
Chris Ballard
better have something up his sleeve on the offensive line because it stinks. Spend some money, man.

8. Buffalo Bills (13-3)
We’ll see if Josh Allen has really arrived, or if he’s a one-hit wonder. There is no excuse for him not to repeat last season with his OC and everyone else back.

7. Washington (7-9)
Speaking of donut holes at quarterback … this team is really good, but I think the offensive line is overrated. How much does a QB matter? We’ll see with Fitzmagic.

6. Cleveland Browns (11-5)
Some people think signing former Rams S John Johnson and CB Troy Hill were huge moves. I tend to think they’re way overrated. I know Jadeveon Clowney is way overrated. Has been since he entered the league. On paper though, talented team.

5. San Francisco 49ers (6-10)
With all their talk this offseason, doesn’t Jimmy Garoppolo have to lead them to the Super Bowl? I mean, their roster is just sooo good from what I hear.

4. Baltimore Ravens (11-5)
Need more at receiver but the line was rebuilt quickly and the secondary should be very stout.

3. Green Bay Packers (13-3)
Hard to quibble with the Packers addressing needs with CB Eric Stokes and WR Amari Rodgers in the draft … about that QB though.

2. Kansas City Chiefs (14-2)
The way the Chiefs rebuilt the offensive line this offseason was downright Belchickian … chef’s kiss.

Washington at 7 is a real head scratcher. I would not have them anywhere in the top 12 of the league and I Iike Fitz a lot but Dallas should win that division rather easily assuming Dak is Ok healthwise.

I love that he has the Bucs over the Chiefs as that will anger Chiefs fans as I think the national guys will have them at #1 too given their off-season and easy schedule and Brees retiring.

I like his optimism with regards to the Pats. But anytime you write a team has to figure the QB out, you really can't put them in the top 15 IMO. I think we are a middler team again just because Newton is awful and if Jones does play, he will struggle as a rookie and that is OK. I am fine with whatever as this is another bridge year to see if we indeed hit on the QB with Jones. My number one thing that I hope happens is that Jones gets a chance to play so we can see him develop. Even if it is in Nov or Dec, I would like to see him run things just to see where he is at. That would be a successful season IMO as well as half of the FAs panning out too.

Back