Random Football News

On the Polian QB ratings,,

• Intangibles amount to 40% of most teams' grades - the media and fans have no clue about the psych testing and depth of background checks that go on in today's NFL.
Sounds scary, maybe as a fan I don't want to know. And how the heck do they perform this psych testing.
And weird, "Best QB prospect I have ever seen, but he did poorly on the Rorschach test. Dump him".

Not in this segment but in another Polian said the Wonderlic test & similar IQ tests are used more for how to coach a player than to judge a player's fitness to play. He said no GM in the NFL would eliminate a player based on results of an IQ test.

Otoh, over the past 20 years psych testing has become very thorough and experienced psychologists are able to predict which players will end badly if drafted. The number who don't pass psych evaluation without cautionary red flags these days is close to 45% - meaning 45% of the players in the draft are either off many teams' boards or dropped 2-3 rounds by the time the draft rolls around. He also says the media and fans are completely oblivious to psych results which is why draft predictions are so often different than the actual draft.
He finds mock drafts amusing.

I am not surprised Watson came up at #2. It is a shame what has happened to him off the field. I would give up the house and garage for the Pats to trade for him. He is that special.
don't know if he is guilty or not. but if he is guilty, he made it happen, it didn't happen to him.

Sounds like Trevor Lawrence is having a few problems getting up to speed in Jax

Those restriction are beyond ridiculous.

Can't go out to dinner BUT CAN bash each other silly on the field.

NFL is really messing this up.
They're making it tough on unvaccinated players because they want them to get vaccinated.

Sounds like Trevor Lawrence is having a few problems getting up to speed in Jax

Yikes. That was some serious concern from Urban Meyer...

It must really bug Rodgers that is it Brady with Mahomes. So much for their State Farm duo. Lol

The cover disgusts me. Those 2 I don't care to look at.

Back