Random Football News

It's early, but here's one thing I find funny:

Somehow, magically, all these hotshot GMs are the best thing ever and these teams are already dealing with serious injuries on their top heavy rosters.

I don't care if it's Ballard in Indy, DeCosta in Baltimore, Beane in Buffalo, Dorsey in Cleveland, etc. Even Veach in KC. Look at that putrid defense and those bloated contracts.

The Pats have a huge advantage in the next 4 seasons alone with those team carrying a 40 mil per year QB, stupidly so. I don't see the media pointing this out because they're too busy about lying how bad BB is as a GM, where he really just completed a 3 year rebuild like he did from 2009-2011.

Last edited:
It's early, but here's one thing I find funny:

Somehow, magically, all these hotshot GMs are the best thing ever and these teams are already dealing with serious injuries on their top heavy rosters.

I don't care if it's Ballard in Indy, DeCosta in Baltimore, Beane in Buffalo, Dorsey in Cleveland, etc. Even Veach in KC. Look at that putrid defense and those bloated contracts.

The Pats have a huge advantaged in the next 4 seasons alone with those team carrying a 40 mil per year QB, stupidly so. I don't see the media pointing this out because they're too busy about lying how bad BB is as a GM, where he really just completed a 3 year rebuild like he did from 2009-2011.
Dorsey got shitcanned...

Dorsey got shitcanned...
But, that's what I mean, though. When he left KC, that's all we heard was how great he was (and he did a pretty good job even though character is certainly not a priority) and all he did was open a checkbook like a moron in Cleveland and now they can't afford Mayfield like Baltimore is in trouble with Lamar. Throw in the idea that next year when the cap goes up, all these FAs who are still in their primes, will see a team like Indy and the Jets with Joe Douglas (another one the media is pimping with hilariously awful results so far), will be paying an enormous price with all these teams bidding against one other.

This team just needs to keep trying to draft well and not worry so much about any larger FA moves.

But, that's what I mean, though. When he left KC, that's all we heard was how great he was (and he did a pretty good job even though character is certainly not a priority) and all he did was open a checkbook like a moron in Cleveland and now they can't afford Mayfield like Baltimore is in trouble with Lamar. Throw in the idea that next year when the cap goes up, all these FAs who are still in their primes, will see a team like Indy and the Jets with Joe Douglas (another one the media is pimping with hilariously awful results so far), will be paying an enormous price with all these teams bidding against one other.

This team just needs to keep trying to draft well and not worry so much about any larger FA moves.
Dorsey is really good. He got screwed in Cleveland. His only gaffe was Freddy Kitchens.

Dorsey is really good. He got screwed in Cleveland. His only gaffe was Freddy Kitchens.
He turned the Browns around for the good.

If he chose Stefanski instead of Kitchens, he would have still been there.

I do like most of your posts fwiw...it's all good.

The Browns defense isn't bad...not sure what your beef is with them.
I am not talking about their defensive talent. I am talking about Mayfield isn't budgeted for and that Mayfield wasn't even a great draft pick for a future franchise QB. I never liked him and think he is overrated. It tells you a lot they can't give him his contract. Same with Lamar in Baltimore. Each GM has lost all their leverage in those situations.

Dorsey got shitcanned...
Correct. All these GMs I've listed are newer media darlings and they haven't won jack squat except for Veach in KC. I just think it's funny super top heavy rosters with bad contracts are supposed to be a good thing and they're not.

That's why I mentioned Mac Jones on a rookie deal for the next 4 seasons with the team built the way this one is. They don't need to overpay for FAs. Agholor may be a bit overpaid here, but it won't be anything like the market next year and beyond when all these teams will be bidding vs one another.

I am just a believer in being cap conscious and how it has provided BB the GM with advantages over other teams, in particular now in the AFC. We're not carrying a 35-40 mil year QB.

Yes, that what I said. With Brady gone, they don't need to. The market is going up.

I wonder what the Qb market will be in 3 years? $50 mil/year? Maybe $55?

Another Watt with a muscle injury. Steelers OLB T.J. Watt (groin) has been ruled OUT for Week 3.

Back