Random Football News

@chevss
Arians is literally the worst coach for him scheme wise.
When TB went there, I think i even commented that it suggested they were the only team that wanted him and the salary was decent.
Remember how mad Steelers fans would get at how bad their ol was? all it took was Haley running a different offense to fix that.Though dopey Ben still preferred Arians, Haley actually started prolonging his career.

In what seems to be a bizarre move by the NFL, Ian Rapoport issued an apology on Twitter for something that he did which caused the league office to suspend him for two weeks and he never said what that was. As best I can determine, the offense was that he posted something on social media that was about "Manscape" -- a personal grooming aid designed to clean up a man's hairy privates.

I don't know what the hell he actually said that brought on such a harsh response by the Thought Police, but I wondered if it had something to do with the Manscape commercial featuring Gronkowski and thought I would link that here for those that might've missed it, because, thanks to UT, I can do stuff like that again. I showed it to my wife and she was disgusted by it.

View: https://youtu.be/yRIOPfvMgOU

In what seems to be a bizarre move by the NFL, Ian Rapoport issued an apology on Twitter for something that he did which caused the league office to suspend him for two weeks and he never said what that was. As best I can determine, the offense was that he posted something on social media that was about "Manscape" -- a personal grooming aid designed to clean up a man's hairy privates.

I don't know what the hell he actually said that brought on such a harsh response by the Thought Police, but I wondered if it had something to do with the Manscape commercial featuring Gronkowski and thought I would link that here for those that might've missed it, because, thanks to UT, I can do stuff like that again. I showed it to my wife and she was disgusted by it.

View: https://youtu.be/yRIOPfvMgOU

That's a funny ad. My Christian friends lost their minds. :)

I actually heard it was about him reporting an unauthorized convo from a lock room. But who knows and I may have been buzzed when I read it. This is 2020 after all. ROFL

Pretty sure that was a fake meme about Brady in the locker room.

I was unsure too on Ian. The one legit thing I saw that kind of made sense was unauthorized pics of titans players working out together when they should not have been. But that doesn't seem salacious enough.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I think he referenced it and referencing a non-NFL sponsored company's product is a no-no apparently.

Gronk is becoming a clown. I know he's laughing all the way to the bank, but come on man. Some dignity at least.

I think he referenced it and referencing a non-NFL sponsored company's product is a no-no apparently.

Gronk is becoming a clown. I know he's laughing all the way to the bank, but come on man. Some dignity at least.
Gronk is a fun guy, he was here too, He is not getting in trouble or anything so I dont see anything wrong with it. Players are allowed to have a personality. It might not float your
boat, but thats ok.

Gronk wasn't twatting around like that here and he was a superb player first and foremost for us. You can get away with shenanigans if you're producing on the field. All Tampa has done is blow money on a former great on the urging of Tommy Boy. So they get Gronk and his "personality" but none of the production.

Jets looking to move Darnold?

The Jets have stumbled to an 0-4 record to start the 2020 season and have undeniably looked like the worst team in the league. As such, New York has a great chance of finishing the season with the No. 1 overall pick, which means the club would be in position to land a potentially generational QB talent in Clemson signal-caller Trevor Lawrence.

Of course, that would leave Sam Darnold — the No. 3 overall pick of the 2018 draft — on the outs. Plenty of fans and writers alike have connected the dots and have wondered if the Jets would consider trading Darnold, and if so, what the club could expect in return.

Last year, the Cardinals traded Darnold’s draftmate, QB Josh Rosen, to the Dolphins in exchange for second- and fifth-round selections. A few executives tell Adam Schefter of ESPN.com that the Jets could expect similar compensation if they elect to move Darnold.

Although Darnold has certainly shown more flashes of promise than Rosen had when he was traded, the Jets’ passer has not come close to living up to his draft status. Of course, there are plenty of organizational, coaching, and talent issues outside of Darnold’s control that have led to his struggles, but his overall body of work has left much to be desired.

Still, there are a few clubs that might not be drafting high enough to select a future franchise quarterback that will nonetheless need a talented young passer sooner rather than later. Those clubs include teams like the Colts, Bears, and Saints, all of whom could theoretically make a play for Darnold.

Matt Miller of Bleacher Report also names the Steelers as a great fit, and he believes Pittsburgh should trade a second-round pick plus a player or two to land the USC product (Twitter link). Unsurprisingly, Mark Kaboly of The Athletic says the Steelers have no interest in Darnold, though he does believe Darnold or a player in his situation will ultimately be the type of passer that Pittsburgh will need to target to adequately replace Ben Roethlisberger.

Any Darnold trade would not happen until after the season, and if he continues to struggle, the Jets’ price would continue to drop, especially since rival clubs would see Lawrence as an inevitability for Gang Green at that point. Plus, an acquiring team would need to make a decision on Darnold’s fully-guaranteed ~$24MM fifth-year option for 2022 at some point in May, which would be just one more complicating factor.

Darnold will miss the Jets’ game against the Cardinals today due to a shoulder injury. Over the first four games of the season, he has completed under 60% of his passes and has thrown three TDs against four interceptions.

Gronk wasn't twatting around like that here and he was a superb player first and foremost for us. You can get away with shenanigans if you're producing on the field. All Tampa has done is blow money on a former great on the urging of Tommy Boy. So they get Gronk and his "personality" but none of the production.
Gronk has played fine, his body is just not what it used to be. Man fans sure do hate their teams hero's. As I said, he is not breaking any laws, he is blocking his ass off and still trying to play. Can't fault a player for wanting to play if someone still wants them.

He plays for the Bucs. He is slow and old. Still blocks okay.

Gronk has played fine, his body is just not what it used to be. Man fans sure do hate their teams hero's. As I said, he is not breaking any laws, he is blocking his ass off and still trying to play. Can't fault a player for wanting to play if someone still wants them.

"Hate"? Come on man, you have to stop it with the exaggerations and hyperbole.

Irrelevant. He was not going to play for the Pats. And the Pats wouldn't pay him what he's getting anyway.

"Hate"? Come on man, you have to stop it with the exaggerations and hyperbole.
Its an exaggeration, but its just how much glory fans get at watching players they used to love not do as well when they get older and go to another team. Don't worry the media is worse.

Irrelevant. He was not going to play for the Pats. And the Pats wouldn't pay him what he's getting anyway.

Well true, the pats can't pay him that with the way our cap is hosed up. Probably wouldnt anyway. I guess I just dont know who he is hurting to warrant the comments.

Its an exaggeration, but its just how much glory fans get at watching players they used to love not do as well when they get older and go to another team. Don't worry the media is worse.

But it's not glory. Gronk deservedly made the NFL100 team last year and will go down as one of the greatest TE in history if not the greatest. I hate to see him play now half the player he was.

Tom can clearly still cut it at the highest level and is still a very good QB so far with his new team. Gronk alas, isn't following him.

But it's not glory. Gronk deservedly made the NFL100 team last year and will go down as one of the greatest TE in history if not the greatest. I hate to see him play now half the player he was.
Why? If he wants to still play, I dont see the issue. Players get older, some quit, some don't. If he wants to play and someone is willing to pay him, then I dont see the issue. He is a big boy, he can handle it.

Back