Random Football News

I am sure if you went over to the bucs message board you will read all about how AB realizes this is his last chance, blah blah. It will resemble this board from last year. I give him 6 weeks. He may just take the whole team down with him again.

I am sure if you went over to the bucs message board you will read all about how AB realizes this is his last chance, blah blah. It will resemble this board from last year. I give him 6 weeks. He may just take the whole team down with him again.
Is that what happened here? He signed a one year deal, probably incentive based, not sure he can take a team down. lol Pats already got stuck holding the bag on him, so I doubt other teams would do that.

Unreal. Brady must be on top of the moon right now.

Unreal. Brady must be on top of the moon right now.
Eh I dont really get it, Seattle or Tampa didnt really need a receiver. Its just odd that Tampa didnt say a word and Seattle and Wilson were out there running a campaign to get Brown and he went to tampa without a thought.

Eh I dont really get it, Seattle or Tampa didnt really need a receiver. Its just odd that Tampa didnt say a word and Seattle and Wilson were out there running a campaign to get Brown and he went to tampa without a thought.
That's the Brady effect. Brown said after Brady left NE that he would only play with him. I guess Brady convinced Arians. Must feel good for Brady to see the team go all in for him. A one year deal is pretty sweet on top. Pretty much a win-win for Brown and Bucs.

Exactly.
Bruce Arians in March 2020 on Antonio Brown coming to Tampa: “Yeah, it's not gonna happen. There's no room. And probably not enough money. But it's just not gonna happen -- it's not a fit here. I just know him, and -- it's not a fit in our locker room. He’s too much of a diva."

Brady's window needed to maximized for a SB win to become a reality and Arians wants a SB win.
But injuries happened. With Evans injured and barely practicing, OJ Howard on IR, Godwin hampered by concussion and a hamstring & speedster Scotty Miller with hip and groin injury, the best WR room in the NFL wasn't that anymore.

So weapons were added.
Fournette & McCoy.
Now add Antonio Brown for the stretch run when Evans & Godwin should be healthy. Tyler Johnson has started to breakout and Scotty Miller has returned to form. With 3 1,000 yd receivers, they form the new super best WR room in the league.

Who will handle Brown? We know that's TB12's job now. Then Steelers OC Arians and some of his assistants already had bad go rounds with Brown in Pittsburgh. They already know they can't hold Brown in check. It's up to TB12 now. Brown has given Brady lots of promises to be a good citizen. Arians, too. And Arians has told TB12 that Brown is on a short leash. Time will tell.

TB12 finally got his way - he's running the team and he's loving life. His middle finger is directed straight at Foxboro.

Meanwhile RKK is feeling more than a little guilty that he booted Brown out & therefore he himself had a hand in hastening TB12's exit out of Gillette. Ironic, huh.
For me personally, I'm feeling that for the first time I think I want to see TB12 (& the Bucs) to fail miserably.

Ya that "QB running the team" is Peytonesque shit. Always hated that paradigm. one of the things i respected about TB was his ability to subrogate winning for his ego while still playing at a high level. While i get the human nature of wanting to try it the other way, it is disappointing to see.

Something to remember: the Steelers ate a $21 million cap charge to trade him, the Raiders ate two draft choices to cut him, and the Patriots took a $9 million signing bonus cap hit to cut him. All in 1 year.

That's the Brady effect. Brown said after Brady left NE that he would only play with him. I guess Brady convinced Arians. Must feel good for Brady to see the team go all in for him. A one year deal is pretty sweet on top. Pretty much a win-win for Brown and Bucs.

Ya that "QB running the team" is Peytonesque shit. Always hated that paradigm. one of the things i respected about TB was his ability to subrogate winning for his ego while still playing at a high level. While i get the human nature of wanting to try it the other way, it is disappointing to see.
He is 43...not 25. Brady is very competitive and at this point of his career he does not have time to have a 5 year plan and bring young guys along slowly and develop for the future. He is not trying anything. They have had receivers go in an out of the lineup this year due to injury. Brown became available, and Brown likes Brady. Wilson was on a word campaign to get Brown to come to seattle and you didnt say a word. The only thing different was brown chose to go play with Brady. I do not think they needed a receiver, but then neither did Seattle, I would much rather of had Brown come here, but we know that ship sailed. Arians is not BB, he can not run a team like BB, there is not a build plan, Brady is not going to be in the league for 5 more years to formulate something. Its all in time to maximize a window of opportunity. So no its not really like Peyton with the colts, its more like Peyton with Denver. They are running out of time to get that one last chance.

Exactly.
Bruce Arians in March 2020 on Antonio Brown coming to Tampa: “Yeah, it's not gonna happen. There's no room. And probably not enough money. But it's just not gonna happen -- it's not a fit here. I just know him, and -- it's not a fit in our locker room. He’s too much of a diva."

Brady's window needed to maximized for a SB win to become a reality and Arians wants a SB win.
But injuries happened. With Evans injured and barely practicing, OJ Howard on IR, Godwin hampered by concussion and a hamstring & speedster Scotty Miller with hip and groin injury, the best WR room in the NFL wasn't that anymore.

So weapons were added.
Fournette & McCoy.
Now add Antonio Brown for the stretch run when Evans & Godwin should be healthy. Tyler Johnson has started to breakout and Scotty Miller has returned to form. With 3 1,000 yd receivers, they form the new super best WR room in the league.

Who will handle Brown? We know that's TB12's job now. Then Steelers OC Arians and some of his assistants already had bad go rounds with Brown in Pittsburgh. They already know they can't hold Brown in check. It's up to TB12 now. Brown has given Brady lots of promises to be a good citizen. Arians, too. And Arians has told TB12 that Brown is on a short leash. Time will tell.

TB12 finally got his way - he's running the team and he's loving life. His middle finger is directed straight at Foxboro.

Meanwhile RKK is feeling more than a little guilty that he booted Brown out & therefore he himself had a hand in hastening TB12's exit out of Gillette. Ironic, huh.
For me personally, I'm feeling that for the first time I think I want to see TB12 (& the Bucs) to fail miserably.
From what you just wrote, It sounds like bringing brown in was a good idea. Maybe its not running the team as much as its being able to offer input. I do not know for a fact why Brown was cut from the pats, as I think Brown was going to be suspended if he went to a team, so teams were not touching him and I think him being cut had more to do with that than anything else. Brady, Bill and Kraft all had a final meeting and everything was talked over and we do not know what was said, but all parties left that meeting being ok. Maybe its just ok and Brady is not trying to stick a middle finger up at the pats, Kraft is not feeling guilty and Bill is just moving on like he knew he would have to and does not think about players no longer on the team.

From what you just wrote, It sounds like bringing brown in was a good idea. Maybe its not running the team as much as its being able to offer input. I do not know for a fact why Brown was cut from the pats, as I think Brown was going to be suspended if he went to a team, so teams were not touching him and I think him being cut had more to do with that than anything else. Brady, Bill and Kraft all had a final meeting and everything was talked over and we do not know what was said, but all parties left that meeting being ok. Maybe its just ok and Brady is not trying to stick a middle finger up at the pats, Kraft is not feeling guilty and Bill is just moving on like he knew he would have to and does not think about players no longer on the team.
ROFL
I guess you could be right that BB, TB12 and Kraft were all ok with cutting AB. But that's not what the reports say about cutting AB - TB12 was pissed, BB wasn't happy about it and Kraft insisted on it. But think what you want.

ROFL
I guess you could be right that BB, TB12 and Kraft were all ok with cutting AB. But that's not what the reports say about cutting AB - TB12 was pissed, BB wasn't happy about it and Kraft insisted on it. But think what you want.
Ok reports...Sorry Chev, but reports to me are hit and miss. The pats are the most hidden team in NFL history. There are things that are said that are false and they do not even come back to say those things are false.
BB and Brady are smart adults and if it was true that Brown was going to be suspended and oh yeah....he was..then I imagine there was little they could do about it or be mad at anyone other than Brown for screwing it up. It isnt what I think, it isnt what you think, because unlike some, I am able to say, I dont know, but to use a report as the truth...yeah sorry if reports are always true then the Pats sit around thinking of new ways to cheat all the time. SO I am not thinking something
based on some report, I am thinking something based on reality. Brown would not have made it through the season on the pats. Goodall would have tossed him. Kraft is a business man who has to play the game of political correctness. It was the
proper move to let brown walk at that point. Not from a football standpoint but from a business standpoint, and if BB and Brady didnt know that, they are fools. But when I was talking about them getting together for a meeting, I was talking about when Brady left, not over Brown, because frankly there didnt need to be a meeting for Brown.

Back