Random Football News

Some of edelman is our offense changed when the QB changed, but also, I think he has been playing hurt for awhile, and we might be seeing his last days. I feel bad to see him like this as he has been one of the guys that I will always
remember here for what he has done for the team and how he put his body on the line and never tried to break the bank. Its tough to see him like this.
Edelman looks completely checked out. I don't blame him. The ball hardly ever comes his way and when it does, it is a pick. Might be time to give Gunner a shot.

Edelman looks completely checked out. I don't blame him. The ball hardly ever comes his way and when it does, it is a pick. Might be time to give Gunner a shot.
Edelman is a guy that catches a lot of passes and well, we are not passing much. I think Cam had like 9 completions in the last game and that will frustrate you. Balls thrown way behind you when you are open is not going to work out well. I have seen that guy play through injury and everything else, but you can only do so much at this point.

Edelman needs to either sit out a few games to get healthy or be the focal point of the offense. It just seems as he's so banged up he can't run good routes. That route running and shiftiness is what makes him great, and he seems to be missing both of those this year.

Edelman needs to either sit out a few games to get healthy or be the focal point of the offense. It just seems as he's so banged up he can't run good routes. That route running and shiftiness is what makes him great, and he seems to be missing both of those this year.
Or get the ball thrown in front of him when he is open.

Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady threw a pass to tight end Rob Gronkowski that appeared to find Gronk between three Green Bay defenders and drew praise as a great pass on the game broadcast. But Peyton Manning says it wasn’t a great pass at all.

On the Detail show Manning does for ESPN, Manning broke down the play and said Brady was actually trying to hit Mike Evans — and then Manning took another shot at Brady for appearing not to realize it was fourth down on the Bucs’ last play of their loss to the Bears.

“Do you think Tom was throwing to Gronk?” Manning asked. “Troy Aikman thought he was. Thought it was one of the best throws he made all game. I’m not so sure. I’m going to go out on a limb and say he’s coming out here to Evans.”

Manning broke down Brady’s options on the play and what was going through Brady’s mind.

“I’m going to throw kind of a high ball to Evans that’s going to be Evans’ ball or nobody else’s, but guess who runs right underneath it? It’s Gronk,” Manning said. “Will we get Tom to admit who he was throwing to? I don’t think so. He wouldn’t admit that he didn’t know it was fourth down. There’s no way he’s going to admit he wasn’t throwing to Gronk, especially after Aikman says, What an unbelievable throw.”

Manning said that because reporters aren’t allowed in NFL locker rooms this year, Brady isn’t getting the scrutiny he otherwise would.

“You don’t have to explain it, especially via these Zoom interviews these guys are getting to do,” Manning said. “How lucky are these guys? No press conferences with reporters right in your face, asking you, Who were you throwing to? Why did you take that sack? Were you going for it on fourth down? Did you know it was fourth down? The Zoom interviews, they’re easy to do, so you don’t have to explain it.”

Manning may have been partially joking about Brady, with whom he has long had a friendly rivalry. But there also seemed to be some truth in what Manning was saying, that he thinks Brady has gotten a pass for some big mistakes this season.

Well Cincy it seems is doing a fire sale.

I doubt it's a fire sale. They need to get younger. AJGreen is getting long in the tooth. Some team might take a chance on him

Cowboys are also sellers, clearing some older players - Everson Griffen traded yesterday & Dontari Poe cut today.

Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady threw a pass to tight end Rob Gronkowski that appeared to find Gronk between three Green Bay defenders and drew praise as a great pass on the game broadcast. But Peyton Manning says it wasn’t a great pass at all.

On the Detail show Manning does for ESPN, Manning broke down the play and said Brady was actually trying to hit Mike Evans — and then Manning took another shot at Brady for appearing not to realize it was fourth down on the Bucs’ last play of their loss to the Bears.

“Do you think Tom was throwing to Gronk?” Manning asked. “Troy Aikman thought he was. Thought it was one of the best throws he made all game. I’m not so sure. I’m going to go out on a limb and say he’s coming out here to Evans.”

Manning broke down Brady’s options on the play and what was going through Brady’s mind.

“I’m going to throw kind of a high ball to Evans that’s going to be Evans’ ball or nobody else’s, but guess who runs right underneath it? It’s Gronk,” Manning said. “Will we get Tom to admit who he was throwing to? I don’t think so. He wouldn’t admit that he didn’t know it was fourth down. There’s no way he’s going to admit he wasn’t throwing to Gronk, especially after Aikman says, What an unbelievable throw.”

Manning said that because reporters aren’t allowed in NFL locker rooms this year, Brady isn’t getting the scrutiny he otherwise would.

“You don’t have to explain it, especially via these Zoom interviews these guys are getting to do,” Manning said. “How lucky are these guys? No press conferences with reporters right in your face, asking you, Who were you throwing to? Why did you take that sack? Were you going for it on fourth down? Did you know it was fourth down? The Zoom interviews, they’re easy to do, so you don’t have to explain it.”

Manning may have been partially joking about Brady, with whom he has long had a friendly rivalry. But there also seemed to be some truth in what Manning was saying, that he thinks Brady has gotten a pass for some big mistakes this season.
Someone get on to Commissioner Gordon. Right now, the signal needs to go up!

Hard to believe Brady has been playing for 5 seasons since Manning retired. I suppose it helps his clicks to keep talking about the GOAT but this take seems silly. I have seen Brady drop that type of pass into Gronk a million times. There is no way he was throwing that lollipop to Evans. You can see Brady look at Gronk after Evans breaks his route and he perfectly placed it in between 3 defenders. I agree with Aikman, probably one of his best throws of the season.

Hard to believe Brady has been playing for 5 seasons since Manning retired. I suppose it helps his clicks to keep talking about the GOAT but this take seems silly. I have seen Brady drop that type of pass into Gronk a million times. There is no way he was throwing that lollipop to Evans. You can see Brady look at Gronk after Evans breaks his route and he perfectly placed it in between 3 defenders. I agree with Aikman, probably one of his best throws of the season.
Peyton was joking around, they are friends. The people that are still bitter about Brady are going to run with it, but its silly. I would like to see Peyton Breakdown Cam though.

Which throw was it? Here are all the throws to Gronk in that game. I didnt see any that was close to another receiver.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JXM7EZM8TE

Back