Random Football News

Ok this pisses me off to no end. WTF.

"• According to a league source, the NFL fined Steelers linebacker Robert Spillane $4,000 for his goal-line hit on Titans running back Derrick Henry in Week 7 that stopped Henry short of reaching the end zone for lowering his helmet on contact. Spillane is appealing the fine. Spillane makes $39,705 per week during the regular season, so a $4,000 fine is not insignificant. It works out to a little more than 10 percent of his paycheck for that game, even more after taxes are deducted. Spillane has appealed the ruling. -- Lolley

Attachments

• Screen shot 2020-11-06 at 4.19.39 PM.png
    Screen shot 2020-11-06 at 4.19.39 PM.png
    194.8 KB · Views: 1

"• According to a league source, the NFL fined Steelers linebacker Robert Spillane $4,000 for his goal-line hit on Titans running back Derrick Henry in Week 7 that stopped Henry short of reaching the end zone for lowering his helmet on contact. Spillane is appealing the fine. Spillane makes $39,705 per week during the regular season, so a $4,000 fine is not insignificant. It works out to a little more than 10 percent of his paycheck for that game, even more after taxes are deducted. Spillane has appealed the ruling. -- Lolley
Why?

cheaters :coffee:

Goodell is a POS. This isn't something that was just discovered either.

Agree,
But just looking back....meh nevermind, I won't go there here.
Hugs.

4k to as 2nd stringer for a GREAT hit?
Sorry just bugs me.Way more this year.
If we are going to watch footbsll in 2020 then well let's watch football.
Maybe I am just diferent.

Last edited:

I don't know what defenders are supposed to do when runners lower their heads at the very last moment. It's an impossible position to be put in, imo.

SOJ

3...2...1... Chris Mortensen reports the league opens an investigation, ted wells spearheading the probe, to determine if the cameras were installed in 1999 during BBs 4 hour stint as the Jests HC...draft pick penalties are on the table according to sources inside the league office

Last edited:
Back