Random Football News

Adam Schefter

NFL’s Thursday Night Football package now will be streaming exclusively on Amazon Prime starting with the 2022 season compared to the 2023 season that it was supposed to begin.

View attachment 3438
I feel like everybody wanted the downfall of the big cable/satellite companies but things aren't quite going the way that they had hoped. Now instead of having one gigantic cable bill you have to have about 5 different smaller streaming bills and an upgraded internet plan to watch everything that you were watching before. 🤦‍♂️

I feel like everybody wanted the downfall of the big cable/satellite companies but things aren't quite going the way that they had hoped. Now instead of having one gigantic cable bill you have to have about 5 different smaller streaming bills and an upgraded internet plan to watch everything that you were watching before. 🤦‍♂️

Thank god (and the internet) for those pesky "illegal" streams.

Thank god (and the internet) for those pesky "illegal" streams.
We have Prime so it won't impact me, but living in a NFC town (with a shitty team) I rarely get the Pats legitimately. Especially last year when they were rarely the feature team.

Looking forward to the flip from C A M to M A C changing that!!!

I don't mind paying for what I want to watch, including football games, but I end up with a combination of paid and not so much depending what it is.

Anyway, my biggest issue with streaming football is not a single streamer offers quality that is the same or better than most satellite or cable providers.

Oh, it's good enough, but it should be better. 90% of people probably don't care, so the incentive isn't there.

Wish I was in range to use an antenna. That's the best quality you can get.

I'm still using Gamepass via VPN, quality is great and it has a ton of upside in other ways, but you're on like a 30 second to 1 minute delay, which is also fine but means if you refresh at the wrong time in a game thread you're in for spoilers XD

Adam Schefter

NFL’s Thursday Night Football package now will be streaming exclusively on Amazon Prime starting with the 2022 season compared to the 2023 season that it was supposed to begin.

View attachment 3438
I tried to watch a game via Prime last year, and had a number of issues with the quality that forced me to find another stream...

I don't mind paying for what I want to watch, including football games, but I end up with a combination of paid and not so much depending what it is.

Anyway, my biggest issue with streaming football is not a single streamer offers quality that is the same or better than most satellite or cable providers.

Oh, it's good enough, but it should be better. 90% of people probably don't care, so the incentive isn't there.

Wish I was in range to use an antenna. That's the best quality you can get.
I loathe all these streaming services. As soon as you subscribe to one, another comes out and offers programming you want to see. I cut cable years ago and just have Disney Plus and Amazon Prime. I refuse to pay for anything else.

In terms of the NFL, I would really like to be able to get the games of certain teams and just pay for them. I have wanted to get WFT games forever as they are my second favorite team after the Pats. And now of course, I want the Bucs games too. Not sure why it is so hard to make a unique offering based on teams. I have zero interest or time to watch 16 games a weekend but I would pay to watch the teams I want. Seems simple to me.

I loathe all these streaming services. As soon as you subscribe to one, another comes out and offers programming you want to see. I cut cable years ago and just have Disney Plus and Amazon Prime. I refuse to pay for anything else.

In terms of the NFL, I would really like to be able to get the games of certain teams and just pay for them. I have wanted to get WFT games forever as they are my second favorite team after the Pats. And now of course, I want the Bucs games too. Not sure why it is so hard to make a unique offering based on teams. I have zero interest or time to watch 16 games a weekend but I would pay to watch the teams I want. Seems simple to me.
Yeah, I have a lot of streaming services now as well and it gets a bit much, on top of my cable provider. I have Disney+, Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube Premium, Spotify and NFL GamePass. That's all €174 a month for all subs and cable/broadband.

Not a surprise but it looks like the Donks are going to through everything they can at the Packers to get Rodgers. This was always on the cards and they seemed to have zero interest in going after any QB in the draft. It fits the Donks MO, they went after Manning and they'll try the same with Rodgers. It's a very unsustainable strategy as it might get you a Superbowl one year, but then the team is left with no long term solution and they go into decline. Part of me doesn't want to see this, the Donks are a rival to the Patriots as an AFC "big" team and I really don't like them.

Will Rodgers even want to go into Mahomes division and also contend with the Raydez and Herbert's Bolts? Let's face it, he's had it easy in the NFCN for so long.

Not a surprise but it looks like the Donks are going to through everything they can at the Packers to get Rodgers. This was always on the cards and they seemed to have zero interest in going after any QB in the draft. It fits the Donks MO, they went after Manning and they'll try the same with Rodgers. It's a very unsustainable strategy as it might get you a Superbowl one year, but then the team is left with no long term solution and they go into decline. Part of me doesn't want to see this, the Donks are a rival to the Patriots as an AFC "big" team and I really don't like them.

Will Rodgers even want to go into Mahomes division and also contend with the Raydez and Herbert's Bolts? Let's face it, he's had it easy in the NFCN for so long.
They had some talking head speaking about this. I forget who but he was saying that Rodgers wants to go to Mahomes division to prove he really is the best QB of the 2. I believe this only because Rodgers ego is so huge and he probably can't stand that fact that Mahomes took the mantel from him in terms of most talented QB.

I agree though, I don't want Rodgers in the AFC either. Denver is really good. They have a talented offense and a really good D. Rodgers instantly makes them a contender. Part of me would like to see him compete in that division to see how he would do vs Mahomes. GB and KC play this year as that is the 17th game. I think the game is in KC. I was over on ChiefsPlanet and they don't want Rodgers in Denver. They hate the Broncos, the way we hate the Jets. They don't ever want to see them relevant again especially since they have Mahomes.

I do think Rodgers could play another 3-4 years at a high level which is worth it for Denver as they have not had any luck in the draft since Elway became GM and now of course he stepped down from being GM. I think they throw the kitchen sink at Rodgers and most likely land him IF GB actually trades him. I am not convinced they will yet. We will know more after June 1 when his cap hit will significantly shrink making him much more tradable.

Sigh. This is why players should be at OTAs.

Pretty cool comments from Jimmy here on helping Lance. He talked about how Tom helped him learn the ropes and be a competitor and he looks forward to doing the same for Lance. I really think the media blows these QB competitions out of the water. I would imagine Cam will do the same with Mac.

What is going on in Tampa with Brady is really killing Rodgers. LOL. Apparently he is upset the Packers cut one of his receivers.

What is going on in Tampa with Brady is really killing Rodgers. LOL. Apparently he is upset the Packers cut one of his receivers.

Why do you think the rift between Rodgers and Gute has anything to do with Brady? I don't see the connection.

Why do you think the rift between Rodgers and Gute has anything to do with Brady? I don't see the connection.
It has been reported that Rodgers wants the type of influence over the roster in GB that Brady has in Tampa.

Back