Random Football News

The Reid's genuinely seem to be a fucked up Family. Both Andy and his wife have not been good parents by all accounts. I'd love to think Britt Reid would have the sense to not drive while the 5-year-old little girl he hit is suffering from brain damage, but I have my doubts....

We're going to be reading a lot more about this within a couple of years. It's coming...

Sad to see. Michigan allowed it this year and it has made the local sports radio almost impossible to listen to. Every ad is for betting and half the convo is now about betting and appears to be paid for by the betting sites.

My former BIL lost everything due to a gambling problem. Everything.

The Reid's genuinely seem to be a fucked up Family. Both Andy and his wife have not been good parents by all accounts. I'd love to think Britt Reid would have the sense to not drive while the 5-year-old little girl he hit is suffering from brain damage, but I have my doubts....
not like he hasn't driven drunk before either. it's disgusting.

According to Schefty, Rodgers is not showing up for mini-camp this week. It is looking more and more like he is going to sit out rather than play for the Packers which is an unbelievable turn of events in the NFC given Brees just retired. I doubt the Packers move him until next off-season when the cap hit will be more than manageable and they will get a better draft haul from a needy team who desperately wants Rodgers. It will be a real shame if Rodgers really does sit out as he is such a talent but it seems really likely now which really sets things up perfectly for Tampa in that conference and also for the Lions, Bears and Vikings as any one of those teams can now win the North although that being said, GB still has the best roster. It just depends if Love is ready or not. Will be fun finding out. LOL

According to Schefty, Rodgers is not showing up for mini-camp this week. It is looking more and more like he is going to sit out rather than play for the Packers which is an unbelievable turn of events in the NFC given Brees just retired. I doubt the Packers move him until next off-season when the cap hit will be more than manageable and they will get a better draft haul from a needy team who desperately wants Rodgers. It will be a real shame if Rodgers really does sit out as he is such a talent but it seems really likely now which really sets things up perfectly for Tampa in that conference and also for the Lions, Bears and Vikings as any one of those teams can now win the North although that being said, GB still has the best roster. It just depends if Love is ready or not. Will be fun finding out. LOL
There is no way Rodgers sits out this season. Someone will blink. It may be that a different team decides to make GB an offer they can't refuse.

There is no way he sits out all year.

Last edited:
There is not way Rodgers sits out this season. Someone will blink. It may be that a different team decides to make GB an offer they can't refuse.

There is no way he sits out all year.
It won't be Rodgers blinking. He is pretty firm that he is never coming back to play for GB. I think the Packers are pretty dug in to. It makes no sense to trade him this year given the draft picks won't be received until next year. Plus, they don't know the draft order either. I mean if Denver wins 9 or 10 games this year, their draft position will be bottom third of the first round vs another team who finishes with 2 wins and wants Rodgers. The cap hit is enormous too compared to what it would be if they waited until March.

It won't be Rodgers blinking. He is pretty firm that he is never coming back to play for GB. I think the Packers are pretty dug in to. It makes no sense to trade him this year given the draft picks won't be received until next year. Plus, they don't know the draft order either. I mean if Denver wins 9 or 10 games this year, their draft position will be bottom third of the first round vs another team who finishes with 2 wins and wants Rodgers. The cap hit is enormous too compared to what it would be if they waited until March.
The pressure will mount on the team exponentially to do what it takes to resolve via trade or other. Can you imagine the press coverage if he is sitting week in and week out this season? The fan base will make them do something.

The pressure will mount on the team exponentially to do what it takes to resolve via trade or other. Can you imagine the press coverage if he is sitting week in and week out this season? The fan base will make them do something.
I know. It will be bonkers. But I can see it happening. Remember the fans care about the team first and the base is divided right now. It seems they know Rodgers wants out so many of them are already moving on to Love.

What if Love is good though and they keep winning? LOL. The Packers have been kind of charmed when it comes to finding franchise QBs.

Denver is a really good, young team with a defensive minded HC. It would be scary to think of them with Rodgers but as always with him you have to take into account if he will get along with everyone. They would instantly become the second best team in the AFC behind the Chiefs with Rodgers on board. Now whether it all meshes, who knows. He is just too unpredictable and I think he is getting more ornery as he has aged.

Back