Random Football News

Florio posted today that he believes unvaxed players who contract Covid should not receive game checks if they go on the reserve list. I think this whole thing is going to be very combustible as the season comes upon us. I also read that the NFL wants 85% vax rate for a team to be considered a full go in terms of no protocols. To me, that seems like a big ask for a new vax and all. I am not sure many teams will reach that but I guess we'll see. I know the coaches are getting it because they don't want to lose access.

Florio posted today that he believes unvaxed players who contract Covid should not receive game checks if they go on the reserve list. I think this whole thing is going to be very combustible as the season comes upon us. I also read that the NFL wants 85% vax rate for a team to be considered a full go in terms of no protocols. To me, that seems like a big ask for a new vax and all. I am not sure many teams will reach that but I guess we'll see. I know the coaches are getting it because they don't want to lose access.
Agree 100% with Mazz. Who gives a shit what Florio's OPINION is in this matter?

Florio doesn't know what he doesn't know. Maybe it should depend on why they didn't get vaccinated. This isn't cut and dried.
Some people can't be vaccinated for a variety of legitimate medical reasons. Religious beliefs are real for some. Ignorance or fear? Not so real.

Florio doesn't know what he doesn't know. Maybe it should depend on why they didn't get vaccinated. This isn't cut and dried.
Some people can't be vaccinated for a variety of legitimate medical reasons. Religious beliefs are real for some. Ignorance or fear? Not so real.

I agree Chevs. This is one of Florio's more damning takes IMO. This is not cut and dry as you say as there are a lot of considerations for so many to get vaccinated. To penalize a player for contracting the disease as a punishment for not getting vaxed seems barbarian to me and dare I say fascist? Just awful on so many levels. No one cares what he thinks on football much less this important health issue.

Best 1st round pick for every draft slot for the last 15 years.
Pats drafted 2 such players.

21. 2012 New England Patriots: EDGE Chandler Jones, Syracuse​

Jones was one of the NFL’s true iron men prior to his injury-plagued 2020 campaign. From 2012 to 2019, he averaged 915 snaps per season and nearly 58 pressures. He has a knack for troubling even the NFL's best tackles thanks to his prodigious length.

25. 2012 New England Patriots: LB Dont’a Hightower, Alabama​

Hightower’s physicality and blitzing prowess have been integral to the Patriots' success since he came into the league in 2012. His 191 pressures over that span are the most of any off-ball linebacker in the NFL.

I was going to post this in the Tampa thread but thought it was better here because this column by Chris Godwin is so positive and uplifting. Pete King is away for the next few weeks so he is having guest columnists fill in for him. This was well done by Godwin. He has quite the story and I must say a pretty charmed life. :)

He does talk about Brady and his relationship to him and how he changed the team when he came. It's nothing we have not all read before but also take for granted too just because it is so much of who Brady is as a teammate and motivator with his work ethic. It is interesting Godwin's reaction when he found out Brady was coming to Tampa. He did not figure Brady would ever come there. LOL

Anyways, I really enjoyed it and look forward to next week to see who King has lined up.

I was going to post this in the Tampa thread but thought it was better here because this column by Chris Godwin is so positive and uplifting. Pete King is away for the next few weeks so he is having guest columnists fill in for him. This was well done by Godwin. He has quite the story and I must say a pretty charmed life. :)

He does talk about Brady and his relationship to him and how he changed the team when he came. It's nothing we have not all read before but also take for granted too just because it is so much of who Brady is as a teammate and motivator with his work ethic. It is interesting Godwin's reaction when he found out Brady was coming to Tampa. He did not figure Brady would ever come there. LOL

Anyways, I really enjoyed it and look forward to next week to see who King has lined up.

Thanks for posting that.

Mazz, to be honest, that piece could have been written by a bot. Legend - Check, Professionalism - Check, Just one of the guys - Check, Standards - Check, Earned our respect - Check etc etc

We all know the score at this stage and I'm sure most of America does. Not having a go at Tom, we just don't need more Brady puff pieces that shed nothing new.

Mazz, to be honest, that piece could have been written by a bot. Legend - Check, Professionalism - Check, Just one of the guys - Check, Standards - Check, Earned our respect - Check etc etc

We all know the score at this stage and I'm sure most of America does. Not having a go at Tom, we just don't need more Brady puff pieces that shed nothing new.
It belongs in the Tampa thread if it's about Brady.

And again. not dissing my man TFB in any way, there must be well over 100,000 of those puff pieces. TFB draws more clicks then God would if he had a blog .

Cheers

And again. not dissing my man TFB in any way, there must be well over 100,000 of those puff pieces. TFB draws more clicks then God would if he had a blog .

Cheers
It's the same with Michael Jordan. Yes we know he had an insane will to win, we know he played a game with the Flu blah blah. We know it, we don't need yet another article on it.

Something told me it wasn't a Chris Godwin article.

Back