Random Football News

Dallas made the game last night a lot closer than I thought it would be. The Bucs helped them by committing more penalties than I could count. Ugly.
31-29 with a game winning FG w/ a few seconds to play isn't what anyone expected. Arians was happy to win but wasn't happy about the mistakes. He credited his STs for the win.
Throw in the Cowboys' Zuerlein missing a short FG and an extra point and it's obvious Dallas was within reach of winning.
Dak looked like an All-Pro - 42-58, 403 yds, 3 TDs, 1 int. He got the ball out very quickly and threw with authority. He outplayed TB12 last night. Dallas's running game was lacking.
Brady didn't look bad, in fact, Brady looked good 32-50, 379 yds, 4 TD, 2 ints. But as he and Arians alluded too, there's plenty to clean up.

Dallas made the game last night a lot closer than I thought it would be. The Bucs helped them by committing more penalties than I could count. Ugly.
31-29 with a game winning FG w/ a few seconds to play isn't what anyone expected. Arians was happy to win but wasn't happy about the mistakes. He credited his STs for the win.
Throw in the Cowboys' Zuerlein missing a short FG and an extra point and it's obvious Dallas was within reach of winning.
Dak looked like an All-Pro - 42-58, 403 yds, 3 TDs, 1 int. He got the ball out very quickly and threw with authority. He outplayed TB12 last night. Dallas's running game was lacking.
Brady didn't look bad, in fact, Brady looked good 32-50, 379 yds, 4 TD, 2 ints. But as he and Arians alluded too, there's plenty to clean up.
I came away with similar feelings. Dallas is a legit offensive team. They are very deep at WR. Our game against them is not going to be easy. I thought Dak looked solid and his arm looked fine. Elliott looks like a shell of himself but then again their plan was not to run him into the teeth of the Bucs Dline.

The story of the game besides the great games by both QBs was totally STs. The Bucs punter had 3 punts at or inside of the 6. Mickens was a beast in the return game and Succop hit the game winner which was a short FG but still a pressure kick. On the other side, Zuerlein was a hot mess the first half and left 4 points on the field.

Pretty typical for a first game - very sloppy. I did come across this stat though to show just how unlikely it was for the Bucs to pull out that win with the 4TOs, terrible ToP, and high penalty yardage. It is GOOD to have the GOAT QB to ensure a win in this type of sloppy game.

View: https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora/status/1436181768105779200?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1436181768105779200%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

Watching Brady Thursday night, I thought he looked "slow", but then realized that it was "purposeful". As if he knew what he was going to do no matter the defense played. This is most likely a case of my viewpoint, always anxious for the Pats to succeed.

Back