**Random FOOTBALL Thoughts That Don't Warrant Full Threads**

Just seen a promo for the NFL on CBS. The words said was, "today we are all undefeated, the season starts soon"......way to be up to date on promos, I guess the Vikings didn't lose yesterday.

If it didn't happen on CBS, it didn't happen. :coffee:

I enjoyed watching the Chiefs in action last night. RAC's old defense was on display and watching a slimmed down and active Mike Vrabel was a treat. I don't know how well he will hold up over a full season but he was the man last night. The Chiefs will be in trouble defensively without him. He is a coach on the field.

I noticed prior to an important fourth quarter play, the Chief's defense hadn't gotten RAC's defensive call and the Chargers were lining up. The D started to panic. Vrabel took over, made the call himself on the field and directed everyone and made the adjustment calls based on the formation. His call worked and the Chiefs made the play. He was directing, adjusting and getting on his teammates all night. Pioli made a hell of a deal getting him as a throw-in. He is a pro's pro. It was time for him to move on and his physical impact is no where near what it was but he's making a big impact in KC with his leadership and on field smarts. Their defense looked great last night due in no small measure to Vrabel's leadership.

He falls into that list of guys I have great admiration for in this game. Long time true professionals like Thomas Jones, Tony Richardson, Lorenzo Neal, Donnie Edwards; guys who quietly do their jobs year after year after year.

I enjoyed watching the Chiefs in action last night. RAC's old defense was on display and watching a slimmed down and active Mike Vrabel was a treat. I don't know how well he will hold up over a full season but he was the man last night. The Chiefs will be in trouble defensively without him. He is a coach on the field.

I noticed prior to an important fourth quarter play, the Chief's defense hadn't gotten RAC's defensive call and the Chargers were lining up. The D started to panic. Vrabel took over, made the call himself on the field and directed everyone and made the adjustment calls based on the formation. His call worked and the Chiefs made the play. He was directing, adjusting and getting on his teammates all night. Pioli made a hell of a deal getting him as a throw-in. He is a pro's pro. It was time for him to move on and his physical impact is no where near what it was but he's making a big impact in KC with his leadership and on field smarts. Their defense looked great last night due in no small measure to Vrabel's leadership.

He falls into that list of guys I have great admiration for in this game. Long time true professionals like Thomas Jones, Tony Richardson, Lorenzo Neal, Donnie Edwards; guys who quietly do their jobs year after year after year.
I wonder if he will coach after his career is over

BB always pointed out that Mike never made a mental error during a game

I wonder if he will coach after his career is over

BB always pointed out that Mike never made a mental error during a game

He's talked openly in the past about wanted to coach at OSU and I believe he has helped out in the past during spring practice. He's going to make a good one when the time comes.

Vrabel probably broke down and cried tears of joy when RAC showed up (as did Glen Dorsey). Under Clancy Pendergast he was really just going through the motions in 09. It was really hard to watch sometimes. I'm pretty sure he didn't even show up to off season workouts that year (he was probably still mad about the trade though). Anyway... It was good to see him back to form last night. :)

Vrabel probably broke down and cried tears of joy when RAC showed up (as did Glen Dorsey). Under Clancy Pendergast he was really just going through the motions in 09. It was really hard to watch sometimes. I'm pretty sure he didn't even show up to off season workouts that year (he was probably still mad about the trade though). Anyway... It was good to see him back to form last night. :)

The KC fans on ChiefsPlanet have spent a lot of time bitching about guys on their team, and how underperforming they are. All those defensive names suddenly looked like Pro Bowlers last night. Thus, I can only conclude that a.) RAC really is a genius, and b.) either RAC can't do it as well as a HC or the talent level in Cleveland sucked donkey balls. In either case, the Chiefs are on the rise, and in that division being on the rise means you can actually win it.

How good will Larry Fitzgerald be this year with Derek Anderson leading the helm? Might have to move him down in my draft.

I cannot believe the Cardinals let themselves get in such a bad QB situation. Marc Bulger and Jake Delhomme were available. Both would have thrived throwing to Fitz. Hell, they could have gotten McNabb. Instead, they go with a Browns reject and pretend-QB Leinart.

ESPN had their Top 10 NFL plays from opening week. The Pats weren't in there at all.

Disrespect, fellas! Put it on the chalkboards!! :D

Different season, different teams...but I thought it interesting that the Patriots & Jets flip-flopped opponents from first round of the playoffs and week 1.

The Jets beat the Bengals in the playoffs.
The Patriots beat the Bengals week1.

The Patriots lost to the Ravens in the playoffs.
The Jets lost to the Ravens in week 1.

Dr. James Andrews must be one rich mother****er.

ESPN had their Top 10 NFL plays from opening week. The Pats weren't in there at all.

I saw that too and they really reached for a few of those. Guess they don't think Carson is any good not putting Guytons Pick Six on there.

I saw that too and they really reached for a few of those. Guess they don't think Carson is any good not putting Guytons Pick Six on there.

Guyton's pick TD should have been on the list.

Tate's pick return TD should have been high on the list.

Gronk's TD should have been high on the list.

Welker's two TDs should have been tops on the list.

Guyton's pick TD should have been on the list.

Tate's pick return TD should have been high on the list.

Gronk's TD should have been high on the list.

Welker's two TDs should have been tops on the list.

That still leaves 5 "top 10" plays for the rest of the NFL. Seems fair to me.

Pro Football Weekly has their MVP tracking list out:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/09/14/mvp-meter-manning-on-top

Manning on top? Because he threw for 418 yards while his team got clobbered? What am I missing here, other than the obvious?

Some pretty dubious choices:

- Ray Rice at #8, with 43 yards rushing and 62 yards total offense. Great player, but come on. And no Arian Foster?
- Philip Rivers at #10. He looked terrible against the Chiefs, and was a whiny little boy.

And Brett Favre "on the cusp"? Favre looked older than Al Davis against the Saints.

My top 3:

1. Arian Foster, RB, Houston. How often has Houston won against Indy? That's how valuable Foster was last week. OPOW.
2. Clay Matthews, OLB, Green Bay. DPOW.
3. Alex Barron, OT, Dallas and Mark Sanchez, QB, NY Jets. As long as you count "valuable" to the other team, they have to be in the mix.

Back