**Random FOOTBALL Thoughts That Don't Warrant Full Threads**

JD10367

Reaction score
This idea just came to me, watching "NFL Live".

I'll start it off: Minnesota... shut the f**k up about how the Saints were intending to injure Lord Farvrhrruh. You sound like idiots. You're going into the house of the current Super Bowl champions, who have a better team than you, and you're going in with your 88-year-old QB who is already gimpy. So what do you do? PISS THEM OFF. "Brilliant!"

Its funny, I heard way more than one media member mention the idea of going after Bradys knee when the pats were beating everyone badly in 2007, now we have the vikings crying about this? You want to base your hopes off a 40 year old diva Qb, then you have to take the notion that someone out there might not like it.

Random thought: Baltimore is trading like crazy to acquire pieces (Josh Wilson, TJ Houshmandzadeh, etc.), but their OL is almost as beaten up as their DL. Joe Flacco benefitted from really good pass protection last year. Not sure how he'll do if he's under the gun more this year.

How good will Larry Fitzgerald be this year with Derek Anderson leading the helm? Might have to move him down in my draft.

How good will Larry Fitzgerald be this year with Derek Anderson leading the helm? Might have to move him down in my draft.

I totally get what you're saying, but he put up monster numbers at Pitt with Tyler Palko throwing to him.

Want Cheap and High quality Jerseys?

NFL,MLB,NHL,NBA
Discount Sports jerseys
high quality
$39.99 Free Shipping
Since last year 5,000 people have purchased on our site
Maybe u can have a try
www dot SPAM dot com

NFL,MLB,NHL,NBA
Discount Sports jerseys
high quality
$39.99 Free Shipping
Since last year 5,000 people have purchased on our site
Maybe u can have a try
www dot SPAM dot com
Ruh-Roh.

scooby-doo.jpeg

Odd thought from out of Left Field, but first a question: does anyone know if Ronnie Brown is UFA after the season?

It occurs to me to ask, if you could pick any RB in the NFL to replace Kevin Faulk, would Ronnie Brown (a Bruschi-approved pain in the backside opponent) be a consideration?

I've already got Leon Washington high on my list, but Leon's blocking isn't on par with Faulk's. Brown would seem to have more meat to work with when taking on Linebackers, he's a good runner and receiver ...

Just saw on ESPN that Ireland has taken over full control of football operations from Parcells, but that Parcells is going to stay on as a consultant.

Just saw on ESPN that Ireland has taken over full control of football operations from Parcells, but that Parcells is going to stay on as a consultant.

So Tuna is actually stealing money now. Awesome. Good for him. He still needs to get to the Bills at some point, however.

I've had a man-crush on Leon Washington for a long time. I used to have wet dreams about what Charlie Weis would have done with him. I mean, he made decent use of JR Redmond - Washington would've been a weapon. Brown as well. My absolute #1 guy would be MJD, but I don't see Jacksonville parting with him under any circumstances.

My random thought contribution:
Since this is an uncapped year, it would have been really funny to watch some really awful team absolutly clean house - keep maybe 2-3 cheap but solid vets, one real leader, a few promising draft picks from last year, and go into the draft with like 10 guys on the roster. Trade everyone you can (early in the process, and all at once before other teams realize what you're doing and refuse to pay because they know you're going to cut them) for mid to low picks in 2010 (this past draft) and try to package a few guys for a few higher picks deferred to 2011, when there is likely a rookie cap in place.

Spend like 250 percent of other teams on scoutung for the next few years - you want 2 sets of eyes on everyone, and 4-6 on key guys and projected high rounders.

Then you make a point of using a bunch of your picks in 2010 to trade for picks a round higher in 2011 and trade for a player here and there while everyone is gaga over the value of every friggin 5th rounder.

Coming out of the draft this year, maybe you have 20 to 25 players, 2-3 1sts, 2-4 2nds, 2-4 3rds, and 6 later picks for the cheap 2011 draft, and maybe an extra pick or two in 2012, not to mention likely a couple comp picks for everyone picked up as FAs by other teams, since you're letting some decent players go, and many will perform better with better players around them.

Then you have a lot of cash free and can hit the FA market sectively and hard. You could have gotten Wilfork, Bodden, Boldin , & maybe 1-2 big names to anchor the team for the next 4-6 years, had the flexibily to snag an RFA or two if you want, and fill in the team with JAGs in 1-3 year contracts of heavy garunteed money. They'd be more likely to take them from you because they're likely to start and earn a larger next contract.

You are pretty bad in 2010 - probably very bad, but have a nice corps, a wealth of picks, including probably a top 5 pick in each round. You can continue to anchor the team with cheap, high picks, and still trade some for a 1 round boost for 2012. You probably will go into that draft with 15-30 guys on the roster, including a solid core.

Target 2012-2016 as your run.

Just a thought, whatever.
Posted via Mobile Device

F***ing limeys!!! :mad:

Oh, wait... that's a last name.

Wow. 15 for 27 for 171 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT in a loss where they only scored 9 points. I'm sure glad the Vikings got him back, 'cause there's no way Sage or Tarvaris could've put up those numbers. :coffee:

That game last night was so boring I went to sleep at the end of the 2nd quarter and missed Peter King's announcement of Brady's new deal.:grrr:

Just seen a promo for the NFL on CBS. The words said was, "today we are all undefeated, the season starts soon"......way to be up to date on promos, I guess the Vikings didn't lose yesterday.

Back