**Random FOOTBALL Thoughts That Don't Warrant Full Threads**

Jets and Giants have steepest NFL increases
Jets and Giants have steepest NFL increases
Friday, September 17, 2010
BY RONALD BLUM
The Record
ASSOCIATED PRESS

NEW YORK — It's costing more to watch the NFL in person this season, especially for fans of the Giants and Jets.

The Team Marketing Report said Friday that average ticket prices for NFL games increased 4.5 percent this year to $76.47.

The New York teams had the steepest increases after moving into the New Meadowlands Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J.

Jets tickets went up 31.8 percent to $114.64 on average, and the Giants rose 26 percent to $111.69.

New England's prices stayed flat, but it still had the highest average cost — $117.84. Dallas is fourth at $110.20, also with no increase.

Cleveland has the lowest average ticket price at $54.51, a drop of 0.3 percent.

Speaking of predictions, here’s mine for how the 2010 NFL season will play out.
Patrick Connelly/Sports Editor
Allied News

In the NFC, divisional winners will be Washington, Arizona, Green Bay and New Orleans with Chicago and Dallas securing the wildcards.

In the AFC, we’ll see Miami, Cincinnati, Tennessee and San Diego all end the season with division crowns. Indianapolis and Pittsburgh will capture the wildcards.

The Saints will again win the NFC title, this time with a victory over the Packers. For the AFC championship, Cincinnati will edge Peyton Manning and the Colts.

As much as I would love to see no other team than the Steelers ruin Jerry Jones’ Super Bowl at the Deathstar, it’ll be the Saints becoming the first back-to-back Vince Lombardi Trophy winners since the Patriots.

And, yes, the thought of the Bengals with even a chance to play in the Super Bowl is an uncomfortable one for this Steelers’ fan. Even with Pittsburgh sneaking into the playoffs, I just don’t have enough confidence in the defense and running game to see the team making a significant run.
:rimshot:

With the Jets game coming up, here's a look at another dysfunctional organization that the media hyped up:

Right, let's review. In a relatively short period of time, the 49ers have:

1. Watched their GM bolt the organization with virtually no explanation;
2. Gone from an 8-8 mediocrity last season to out-and-out favorite to win the NFC West, without the benefit of actually having played another game;
3. Had a second-year running back walk out of camp and retire on the spot;
4. Seen arguably their top two receivers engage in a shouting match so out of control that they had to be removed from the practice field and taken into the locker room for a cool-down session;
5. Traveled to Seattle and laid the biggest egg of opening weekend, a 31-6 loss to the Seahawks;
6. Blamed the defeat on lousy communication all the way around, up to and including a postgame rant by coach Mike Singletary that was so unfocused he had to redeliver it to the team after its plane landed back in San Francisco.

Good thing this isn't the kind of situation in which anyone is inclined to panic early.

Oh, wait: This is the NFL.

Panic ensues. Isn't it remarkable what a single four-quarter performance can do to a team's public perception? Heading into their 2010 inaugural, the 49ers were being fitted for the divisional title based upon an assumed improvement and the general cruddiness of the rest of the NFC West. One game later, the question is whether Singletary can hang on to his team. And it's as valid a question as any other.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?id=5583156

I read that Singletary did an interview that was so bad they had to pull it from the airwaves out there.
Seems like his Ultimate Tough Guy attitude isn't quite getting it done, and he's losing it...we'll see.

I read that Singletary did an interview that was so bad they had to pull it from the airwaves out there.
Seems like his Ultimate Tough Guy attitude isn't quite getting it done, and he's losing it...we'll see.

He is a lunatic. Didn't he drop trou last year and show his junk to the team?
cuckoo

Surprise that Marshall Faulk thinks the Jets are favorites to win the D vs our O match up.

The fact that Marshall Faulk continues to cry almost a decade later just makes me laugh at him even harder. Your tears taste so yummy and sweet, Marshall.

I'm guessing the NFLN guys all laughed at him after that? They do that a lot now after Faulk says something anti-Patriots.

The Broncos have a very tough early schedule.

The 0-1 Broncos host the Seahawks today and it’s a big game for second-year coach Josh McDaniels in terms of which direction the 2010 season could head for his team. After this week, the Broncos host the Colts, visit the Titans and Ravens, then host the Jets. A loss today and the Broncos could be this year’s version of the ’09 Titans, a team which digs itself too big a hole to make a playoff push.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bostonnew-e.../4683587/quick-hit-thoughts-around-pats-nfl-4

Christopher Price on WEEI a few minutes ago: "I've never seen the team this loose before. Either they're going to blow the Jets out or get blown out."

Couple that with BB's good-natured press conferences this week, and I'm starting to feel really good about this one.

The NFL is evil, forcing me to root for Lord Brett today...

Christopher Price on WEEI a few minutes ago: "I've never seen the team this loose before. Either they're going to blow the Jets out or get blown out."

Couple that with BB's good-natured press conferences this week, and I'm starting to feel really good about this one.

Good info. Love this.

Back