Random Jets Stuff Thread

I've heard that description before, but don't really understand it. Jacoby has a huge arm and I've seen him throw some beautiful deep balls right on the money. That right there is what separates what kind of a ceiling a guy has to me. His judgement isn't great, but he's young. His touch can be questioned, but that can be developed.

I went out of my way to watch the guy last year and it's hard to think of a any guy stuck in a worse situation. He was forced into playing without a chance to even learn the offense with very poor protection, no running game and a below average set of skill guys.

He's never had a fair chance in this league. Big arm, tough as hell, a plus runner and his teammates love the guy. I'd take him back in a second.

He'd be an upgrade over Hoyer for sure.

He'd be an upgrade over Hoyer for sure.

This is true.

If the idea stands that we were taking less for JimmyG because we were also to receive a legit backup for Brady in Hoyer we got positively fleeced.

Who figured Bill would lose his fastball before Brady?

I blame Holliday.

Those tits....

This is true.

If the idea stands that we were taking less for JimmyG because we were also to receive a legit backup for Brady in Hoyer we got positively fleeced.

Who figured Bill would lose his fastball before Brady?

I blame Holliday.

Those tits....
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5Rswx2Z7SDw" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is true.

I heard a zillion mediot reasons why BB traded JG for a second but never this one. Who said this?

I heard a zillion mediot reasons why BB traded JG for a second but never this one. Who said this?

It was bandied about via multiple media outlets and on this board.

The secondary benefit is the wink-wink of releasing Hoyer, who without a home and some previous good history with the club, would be all to willing to jump aboard as Toms backup.

Isn’t it funny that’s precisely how it played.

The secondary benefit is the wink-wink of releasing Hoyer, who without a home and some previous good history with the club, would be all to willing to jump aboard as Toms backup.
Yes, now I get it. The 49ers released Hoyer and the Pats signed him. That's exactly how the Pats cheated by signing Blount after the Steelers released him. Cheaterzzz

Why is it funny? No one predicted that Hoyer would be released and the Pats would sign him. :shrug_n:

Belichick himself said that Hoyer was part of the deal until they decided it would be better contractually if they signed him as a FA. The amount you value Hoyer is certainly debatable, but he was definitely a consideration.

Yes, now I get it. The 49ers released Hoyer and the Pats signed him. That's exactly how the Pats cheated by signing Blount after the Steelers released him. Cheaterzzz

Why is it funny? No one predicted that Hoyer would be released and the Pats would sign him. :shrug_n:

Huh?

I think it’s nap time.

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Belichick himself said that Hoyer was part of the deal until they decided it would be better contractually if they signed him as a FA. The amount you value Hoyer is certainly debatable, but he was definitely a consideration.

Hoyers play has fallen. Precipitously.

Need I remind everybody that this is the Jets thread? Enough talk about players who know how to play.

Good point. Let's talk about how the Jets will fuck up their QB situation for the 50th straight season, when Sam Darnold is under center week 1.

Good point. Let's talk about how the Jets will fuck up their QB situation for the 50th straight season, when Sam Darnold is under center week 1.

Wish granted. They just traded Bridgewater to tha Saints for a 3rd round pick. Seems a bit quick on the trigger to me.

Wish granted. They just traded Bridgewater to tha Saints for a 3rd round pick. Seems a bit quick on the trigger to me.

My only regret is that he wasn't traded here for a 3rd round pick.

Then again, as we've discussed, we're not allowed to threaten the diva in any way, anymore.

Very JETE move. Trade your best QB for a pick you'll waste on a WR who can't catch or something.

JETE gonna JETE. :coffee:

I honestly don't even understand the logic. The way I see it, there are 4 possibilities:

1) They think Sam Darnold can play, and play now, and they're ready to contend. In that case, you should have gotten an asset you can use now, rather than trading a known asset for an unknown future resource.

2) They think Sam Darnold can play, but they don't think they can contend this year. In that case, you should have kept Teddy and avoided starting him his rookie year, giving him time to develop rather than exposing him to injury concerns before you're a contender.

3) They don't think Sam Darnold can play, and they hate their fans and football in general, and are committed to sabotaging their chances at every opportunity.

4) They have absolutely no idea whether Sam Darnold can play, or what they're doing, or what's even going on, and have their heads stuck so far up somewhere that when some intern said "hey why don't we trade our best QB for a rookie or two of unknown quality next year and hope for the best?" it sounded like a good idea.

JETE gonna JETE indeed.

I honestly don't even understand the logic. The way I see it, there are 4 possibilities:

1) They think Sam Darnold can play, and play now, and they're ready to contend. In that case, you should have gotten an asset you can use now, rather than trading a known asset for an unknown future resource.

2) They think Sam Darnold can play, but they don't think they can contend this year. In that case, you should have kept Teddy and avoided starting him his rookie year, giving him time to develop rather than exposing him to injury concerns before you're a contender.

3) They don't think Sam Darnold can play, and they hate their fans and football in general, and are committed to sabotaging their chances at every opportunity.

4) They have absolutely no idea whether Sam Darnold can play, or what they're doing, or what's even going on, and have their heads stuck so far up somewhere that when some intern said "hey why don't we trade our best QB for a rookie or two of unknown quality next year and hope for the best?" it sounded like a good idea.

JETE gonna JETE indeed.
I think Teddy was their third string QB. THey have Darnold to start, and McCown to back him up. No need to pay big bucks to TWO backup QBs - no team does that, so it was a case of dump TEddy's salary and get a draft pick in return.

Next year Darnold will have a year under his belt and they can draft a WR or TE or whatever they need at that time.

Back