Random Jets Stuff Thread

Rookie qb without a running game, no WR's & a disastrous OL. Get him some help & he'll be fine. Remember this kid is barely 21. People are way to quick to judge these days. Give him some time & help. Also new coach would be a good thing.

"Get him a whole new team, coaching staff, front office, and maybe he'll be serviceable"

Kid had accuracy and turnover issues in college, and they've only been exacerbated in the pros. There's no mystery here.

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

UGH! That is all.

The Dolphins are putrid. It makes me sad the Jets got swept by them. Legitimately sad. Those were 2 of the 5 wins I had you penciled in for. :coffee:

The kid is definitely not getting help from anybody on offrense or from the coaching staff but he can’t be throwing this many picks.
Bowels has to go and he has to go now. If you drafted who you’re expecting to be the franchise QB, you can’t have a HC who doesn’t understand offense at all.

The kid is definitely not getting help from anybody on offrense or from the coaching staff but he can’t be throwing this many picks.
Bowels has to go and he has to go now. If you drafted who you’re expecting to be the franchise QB, you can’t have a HC who doesn’t understand offense at all.

The pick he threw to Alonzo (not the Pick 6, that was a decent bait job by the LB, lots of rookies make that mistake), was one of the worst interceptions I've seen in a while. Hit him right in the numbers, Alonzo was just standing flat-footed.

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

He needs to sit a couple game to regroup. That was embarrassing.

You can't be losing to that dogshit team, let alone getting swept by them. The Jets are a more talented team than Miami.

Miami, by the way, is THE SOFTEST 5-4 team I've ever seen. I'd love to see them get the wildcard, and go in, and beat KC, because that's the team that would beat KC.

Honestly my friend who (somehow) is a jets fan, we have our annual bet (I'm winning, go figure) and he claims he loves smack talk but it's hard because it's just sad how pathetic the jets are right now. Give me Rex and interviews with foot references and legit rivalry please.

In terms of what are the jets to do, it's tough because players can't improve without a decent coaching staff which the jets currently lack, but blowing up the organization every 5 years doesn't do anybody any good either. I seriously think the jets are in a lose/ lose situation and unless they land one of the Harbaughs or the next McVay (good luck with that) I don't see a way forward where they're not treading water while drifting ever further backwards.

Honestly my friend who (somehow) is a jets fan, we have our annual bet (I'm winning, go figure) and he claims he loves smack talk but it's hard because it's just sad how pathetic the jets are right now. Give me Rex and interviews with foot references and legit rivalry please.

In terms of what are the jets to do, it's tough because players can't improve without a decent coaching staff which the jets currently lack, but blowing up the organization every 5 years doesn't do anybody any good either. I seriously think the jets are in a lose/ lose situation and unless they land one of the Harbaughs or the next McVay (good luck with that) I don't see a way forward where they're not treading water while drifting ever further backwards.

It boggles my mind that this organization continually makes bad hires on the coaching staff. Granted, it’s not like quality coaches are beating down the door to try to get in but do we have anybody with any kind of football knowledge in that front office?

From the more good news department: Darnold was seen in street clothes and a boot at today’s practice.

It boggles my mind that this organization continually makes bad hires on the coaching staff. Granted, it’s not like quality coaches are beating down the door to try to get in but do we have anybody with any kind of football knowledge in that front office?

this I don't get. A great coach that comes in, turns this franchise around to a legitimate year in/year out championship contender would be a god to this fan base. But, look at how few franchises actually get it right when it comes to hiring good football people. It really can't be this difficult.

this I don't get. A great coach that comes in, turns this franchise around to a legitimate year in/year out championship contender would be a god to this fan base. But, look at how few franchises actually get it right when it comes to hiring good football people. It really can't be this difficult.

One look at the ownership/front office of this team would send a good coach running in the opposite direction.
This team moved up to #3 in the draft to take, who they hope will be the FQB for the next 10-15 years but then give I’m zero weapons and a shit OL. Hell, we don’t even have a center who can snap the ball to The Ginger.

One look at the ownership/front office of this team would send a good coach running in the opposite direction.
This team moved up to #3 in the draft to take, who they hope will be the FQB for the next 10-15 years but then give I’m zero weapons and a shit OL. Hell, we don’t even have a center who can snap the ball to The Ginger.

Yeah, it's like they took a page out of the Clots FO playbook.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/15/jets-fire-general-manager-mike-maccagnan/

The Jets fired general manager Mike Maccagnan on Wednesday morning, the team announced.

Maccagnan, who had two years left on his contract, was able to draft the Jets franchise quarterback in Sam Darnold a year ago, but has a slew of other draft busts on his resume.

There were also rumors of a spat between him and new head coach Adam Gase, who will take over the GM role on an interim basis.

The Jets also fired VP of Player Personnel Brian Heimerdinger.

Back