Random Jets Stuff Thread

Good article that details how the Jets built their offense the "wrong" way through trades and FA signings but built their defense with 7 consecutive first round picks.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-way-can-it-still-carry-them-to-the-playoffs/

The Jets' D ranks 1st in scoring defense and 1st in total defense.
The Jets' O ranks 7th in scoring and 8th in yards.

The Jets are playing better than the Broncos are thus far. The Jets are also better coached than the Broncos as proven by their higher rankings on both O & D.

This promises to be an old fashioned knock down drag out game, imo. One key thing that gives me comfort is that the Pats played their worst game of the year against the Colts last week. That should wake our guys up & give BB plenty of coaching points.

That is all fine and dandy but at the end of the day the QB is Fitz and his back up is Geno and Marshall is a tool. The good feelings end Sunday at the razor ... you can then add the Jets to the Bills and Seahawks that the Pats have broke recently.

That is all fine and dandy but at the end of the day the QB is Fitz and his back up is Geno and Marshall is a tool. The good feelings end Sunday at the razor ... you can then add the Jets to the Bills and Seahawks that the Pats have broke recently.

It going to one hell of matchup between Marshall & bulter . Marshall does have the height advantage. I'm not to worried about Ryan matching up against decker.

It going to one hell of matchup between Marshall & bulter . Marshall does have the height advantage. I'm not to worried about Ryan matching up against decker.

I'm worried about Ryan matching up against traffic cones.

Yes. The match ups should be good. I feel like our front 7 should be able to force Fitz into his typical mistakes. We need to bear down on the run for sure. Brady is going to get his. So the question is will the Jets O be able to keep up.

I'm worried about Ryan matching up against traffic cones.

Especially if....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PA_a3aUfa0o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cheers, BostonTim

New York Jets prepare for Chris Ivory absence against Raiders

Against the New England Patriots, running back Chris Ivory toughed out a reported tightness in his legs to help the New York Jets attempt to dethrone their AFC East rivals. Ivory rushed for 41 yards on Sunday, over 100 yards less than his previous two performances, and it appears that after the decrease in production the Jets are going to look for a Plan B before travelling to take on the Oakland Raiders.

According to a league source, the Jets worked out two running backs on Tuesday in an attempt to find a potential emergency plan if Ivory has to sit out a week to rest his legs after already gutting through the tightness against the Pats. New York giving tryouts to two journeymen backs according to ProFootballTalk who reported the Jets search for depth at running back on Wednesday.

Via ProFootballTalk:

Per a league source, the Jets tried out Jeff Demps and Akeem Hunt on Tuesday. Also getting tryouts with the team were receiver Larry Pinkard and defensive back Cooper Taylor.

Demps, a former sprinter who spent time with the Patriots and Buccaneers, has appeared in only two NFL regular-season games, with one attempt for 14 yards and three catches for 21 yards. Hunt has never appeared in a regular-season game; he last spent time with the Giants.

Don’t expect to see either Demps or Hunt take on a role in the Raiders matchup with the Jets, but the tryouts do indicate that Oakland’s Week 8 opponents are concerned over the health of their feature back after going from consecutive 100+-yard efforts to compiling just 41 yards on 17 carries last week. Numbers that indicate that Ivory is far from 100% health at the moment.

If Ivory is absent the Raiders attention will be focused on stopping the mobility of quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick, who is 3-0 all-time against the Silver and Black, and the Jets talented duo of wideouts. Already playing with reported tightness in his quads last week, Ivory could play and be limited in Oakland, but it is looking like the passing attack of the Jets could be the Raiders biggest worry this week with negative reports surrounding New York’s workhorse running back.

http://justblogbaby.com/2015/10/28/new-york-jets-prepare-for-chris-ivory-absence-against-raiders/

Another team succumbs to the Curse.

BTW, you don't think that after the Pats stuffed his ass and Hightower tossed him around like a rag doll that he decided he'd better run to the trainer and say:

"Quick, massage my hammy and make it look good." Hmm?

Cheers, BostonTim

BTW, you don't think that after the Pats stuffed his ass and Hightower tossed him around like a rag doll that he decided he'd better run to the trainer and say:

Cheers, BostonTim

He thought hunting for Ivory was illegal. Surprise!

Cheers, BostonTim

Yeah, I'm sure that's exactly what happened. :high:

Cheers, BostonTim

sure....thats it

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...says-jets-had-some-loafs-on-defense/75186820/

Bowles says Jets had some 'loafs' on defense
AP 8:02 p.m. EST November 4, 2015

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) — Disgusting. Flat. And, now, loafing.

They've all been used while describing the performance by the New York Jets' defense last Sunday at Oakland. And the criticism has come from the coaches and players themselves.

Linebacker David Harris said the film of the 34-20 loss was "disgusting," while defensive end Muhammad Wilkerson said the defense was "flat" and claimed "guys were loafing." Coach Todd Bowles has acknowledged he wasn't happy with his team's performance, and was asked Wednesday if he noticed some players loafing when he watched the game film.

"We had some loafs on defense for the first time this year," Bowles said. "They were minor loafs, but they were still loafs nonetheless and we have to have everybody to the ball."

The statistical analysis website Pro Football Focus found 19 missed tackles. Bowles and his staff, however, are even tougher graders, with the coach saying their total was "in the 20s."

Bowles attributed the lapses in effort to possible fatigue, but made it clear it's unacceptable.

"Our guys don't normally loaf," he said, "and it shouldn't happen anymore."

The Jets came into the game at Oakland with the No. 2 overall defense. They gave up 451 yards in total offense, including four touchdown throws by Derek Carr.

The Raiders took a 28-6 lead early in the third quarter, and the defense did little to keep the Jets in the game.

"We're not saying people were just dogging it all the way to the ball here," Bowles said. "There might have been somebody getting tackled down the field and somebody pulled up a yard or two from the ball, or not finishing or something like that. It wasn't loafing like we were just dog tired and we were loafing.

"Our guys understand what happened in the game, the coaches understand what happened in the game (and) we'll work to correct that."

That means the players have gone through the film carefully to see if they can take better angles, wrap up better on tackles or just improve their hustle to the ball. If the players don't get their acts together at practice this week, Bowles warned, they will be doing extra running.

The Jets will certainly have a challenge Sunday at home against the Jacksonville Jaguars, led by second-year quarterback Blake Bortles and an offense with some young playmakers in running back T.J. Yeldon and wide receivers Allen Robinson and Allen Hurns.

"It is one game, and it's the first time we fell apart like that," Bowles said. "We have to come back together and it can't happen again."

Probably be an on going issue for the rest of this season. :clap: SOJ same ol' jets

I read somewhere this morning that RF will be the starter this week, even though he is unable to change a diaper. ( I always suspected he was a misogynist). :)

Back